It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway Fresh Fit Meals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was watching TV last night and lo and behold there was a new Subway ad, with Jared of the Incredible Shrinking Waistline and a bunch of kids dressed up in sports uniforms.

Subway, via their vehicle, Jared, was pushing their new Fresh Fit Meal plan.

Smack dab in the middle of the table full of healthy options was an extra large cup of diet Coke, strategically placed so as to show the logo.

Did I miss something? Since when is Coke a fit option? I LOVE Coke, drink several cans a day, but I'm not fooling myself that Coke is healthy. And diet Coke is even worse -- it contains aspartame.

So my idle mind got to wondering. Is Coke trying to convince people it is a healthy option? Did they pay Subway a bucketful of money in order to have good product placement? Did they think people wouldn't notice?

I'm curious to see what others think of this, and if anyone else noticed this mis-placed product placement, or others along this line.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think I've seen the commercials briefly.

The first thing I thought when I read your post,
was that Diet Coke is the 'fittest' option they have.
I think most franchises only carry products from
a certain company. So you'll only see Coca-Cola
products and not Pepsi-Cola products, etc.

Then I went to the website, and they're showing
ads with Dasani Water (product of the Coca-Cola
company) displayed with the meals. Clearly this
would be the fittest option.

To answer your question, I think the Coca-Cola
company would rather advertise their coke
products more than their water on TV, and I guess
they thought Diet Coke would be a sensible choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
So my idle mind got to wondering. Is Coke trying to convince people it is a healthy option? Did they pay Subway a bucketful of money in order to have good product placement? Did they think people wouldn't notice?

I'm curious to see what others think of this, and if anyone else noticed this mis-placed product placement, or others along this line.

Yes that is exactly what they are doing. But it's not just Coke trying to sell their products, it's a whole agenda of pushing synthetic chemicals on society in order to cause brain damage so that they have to start taking synthetic drugs so the drug companies are also making money. The FDA, pharma companies and food industry companies are all working together to enforce this agenda.

Pay more attention to what you see on TV. This is a common practice that has been going on for years and the closer you look, the more you see.

Here are some articles on interest:

Soft drink company marketing tactics: the experts sound off

Consumption of soft drinks and high-fructose corn syrup linked to obesity and diabetes

Benzene in Some Soft Drinks Prompts Call for Halt on Sales in Schools (press release)

The health effects of drinking soda - quotes from the experts

Edit to add: Coke and Pepsi were banned in India because of high levels of aspartame and pesticides.
Source: Coke, Pepsi banned in India over harmful levels of aspartame, pesticides and other chemicals

[edit on 2-6-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Originally posted by annestacey

it's a whole agenda of pushing synthetic chemicals on society in order to cause brain damage so that they have to start taking synthetic drugs so the drug companies are also making money. The FDA, pharma companies and food industry companies are all working together to enforce this agenda.

Unbelievable. Really.

Do you have anything to back this up ? (yes, I read the links provided.
Other than talking about advert. techniques and what chemicals are in
soft drinks, I saw zero evidence of the above quote.)

Or, is this your opinion, or belief ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm sure Subway has great marketeers that develop these
commercials. I'm also pretty sure that Coke pays well to have their
corporate image splashed on TV.

That being said, it seems pretty tough this day and age to find ANY
product without some form of chemical additive. Hell, our water has
flouride and who knows what else intentionally added to it.

So, to address the OP's original question.

You asked if Coke was trying to say it's a healthy option. I prefer healthier,
in respect to the other soft drinks on the market.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
That being said, it seems pretty tough this day and age to find ANY
product without some form of chemical additive. Hell, our water has
flouride and who knows what else intentionally added to it.

Actually,
I work at Wholefoods Market.
We have TONS of products to the contrary.
And we have a healthy market share (pun intended)
without major advertising.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
...I think Subway must use some kind of special "air meat".

Every time I eat there, no matter how large the sandwich or meal,

about 30 mins. after I finish...I'm always hungry again!!

Some of my co-workers agreed with me too...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm posting a copy of what I just posted on another thread that discusses the rampant increase of drug use with children. The links did not make it thru the copy/paste routine so you will need to go to the original post in order to check the article sources.

The original post is at this url: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are massive amounts of chemicals in every food that we eat, the water that we drink, and the products that we use every day. This is exactly what causes the illnesses (physical and mental) that force people to start taking synthetic drugs. And these synthetic drugs are causing even more damage. (Note that marijuana is not a synthetic drug and it's not addictive and it doesn't kill people).

This is a huge scam that is being perpetrated on the American people and instead of doing something about it, they're just bickering about whose fault it is. So while you're busy placing blame on the wrong people, we're still getting sicker and the pharma, food and medical industries are getting richer and more powerful.

Here are some articles that will explain the truth. Don't just look at the titles here... go read them. It's time to wake up and see what's been going on right under your noses for the last 100 years.

Start Here:

This 5-page summary of the "Slippery Slope Index" details how the introduction of synthetic chemicals has directly affected the increase of illness and disease over the last 100 years.
The Hundred Year Lie

The Skin Deep Cosmetics Database created by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) lists thousands of personal care products and their toxicity levels. The FDA doesn't require companies to test their own products for safety. You will be shocked at how toxic the products you use everyday really are.
Skin Deep Cosmetics Database

Food manufacturers purposely deceive consumers by hiding dangerous ingredients right on the label

Everyday groceries contain ingredients that cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis and other chronic diseases

Bacon, sausage, hot dogs and processed meats hike cancer risk by 67% due to chemical preservative, says nutritionist

Pharmaceutical television advertising is a grand hoax

Neurologist Dr. Fred Baughman talks about the fraud of ADHD and the poisoning of U.S. children

The FDA Exposed: An Interview With Dr. David Graham, the Vioxx Whistleblower

Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"

Americans fed up with drug industry influence, FDA corruption, reveals remarkable Consumer Reports survey

The "Race for the Cure" scam exposed: The cancer industry's guilt-powered shakedown of a gullible public

Cancer Industry Spreads Fear and Disinformation To Scare People Away From Learning About Alternative Treatments for Cancer on the Internet

Run for the cure races are a scheme to raise money for pharmaceutical companies, says nutritionist

There are hundreds more articles on the NewsTarget website that exposes the FDA, Food and Pharmaceutical Industries. I recommend signing up for the newsletter. This is a very informative website that will help you change your life and protect your family's health.

NewsTarget

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

...I think Subway must use some kind of special "air meat".

Every time I eat there, no matter how large the sandwich or meal,

about 30 mins. after I finish...I'm always hungry again!!

Some of my co-workers agreed with me too...

This happens when you're not getting the nutrition your body needs. Foods with empty calories are just going to make you fat and more hungry. There is more nutrition in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. So vegetarians can eat smaller meals because they are getting more nutrition from them.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hell, our water has flouride and who knows what else intentionally added to it.

There is much more poisonous chemicals in the water than most people know about. Not only has fluoride been in most water supplies for decades, but now other things are being found such as arsenic and prescription drugs.

Here are some articles:

Drinking water found to contain far more cancer-causing chemicals than previously thought

Toxic waste chemicals are disposed of by feeding to humans, then calling it fluoride

Fluoride conference reveals fraudulent science behind mass fluoridation; fluoride policy is a public fraud

Antidepressant drugs found in drinking water; pharmaceuticals have now become environmental pollutants

Fluoride used in municipal water supplies found contaminated with arsenic

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There are massive amounts of chemicals in every food that we eat, the water that we drink, and the products that we use every day. This is exactly what causes the illnesses (physical and mental) that force people to start taking synthetic drugs.

Again, very exact statement. Other than that website (which you obviously
read a lot into), do you have any PROOF of this ?

(Note that marijuana is not a synthetic drug and it's not addictive and it doesn't kill people).

I guess it being illegal is ok ?
And, ever look into how the drug cartels operate ? People do die.

So while you're busy placing blame on the wrong people, we're still getting sicker and the pharma, food and medical industries are getting richer and more powerful.

So, you know the correct people to blame ?

Let's take your hypothesis here, and for a moment take it as fact.

Solution ? (according to the way you present the info)

Shut down the pharma, food and medical industries.

Bravo. You've just destroyed a major chunk of economy. Left billions
of people sick and starving to death.

Back to reality. That ain't gonna happen.

Fact is, this is what we have to live with, and make the best of.

If the only thing you have to complain and worry about is food additives
and pharma companies, you have a blessed life.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Actually,
I work at Wholefoods Market.
We have TONS of products to the contrary.
And we have a healthy market share (pun intended)
without major advertising.

Whole Foods Market is a wonderful place and I started shopping there but quickly realized that it's also incredibly expensive so now I only shop there occasionally.

I totally understand that it is expensive to provide organic foods, but people have to really plan their shopping lists carefully because it's so easy to go over budget quickly in that store.

Another alternative is to shop for fresh fruits and vegetables at local farmers markets or grow some of your own food if possible, but Whole Foods Market is definitely better than your standard non-organic grocery stores.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yea, I agree our prices are insane..
I only shop there occasionally because it
isn't that bad with my discount.

But the way I see it, we're consistently
gaining popularity, and other supermarkets
are recognizing our potential, and competition
is a great way to drive prices down.

Then who knows, maybe we'll all be eating
mostly organic and/or all-natural foods one day.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There are massive amounts of chemicals in every food that we eat, the water that we drink, and the products that we use every day. This is exactly what causes the illnesses (physical and mental) that force people to start taking synthetic drugs.

Again, very exact statement. Other than that website (which you obviously
read a lot into), do you have any PROOF of this?

If the information is in the book and many other credible people back up what the author has written, then I'm going to believe that before I believe the FDA who says synthetic chemicals are harmless and good for us. There are plenty of articles that do show proof of the disease and illness that is directly caused by chemicals in the food. They are all there for you to read. A majority of them are right there on the NewsTarget website but there are plenty of other health organizations online that provide the same information.

(Note that marijuana is not a synthetic drug and it's not addictive and it doesn't kill people).

I guess it being illegal is ok ?
And, ever look into how the drug cartels operate ? People do die.

Yeah that's because the drug is illegal and people get killed trafficing illegal drugs. But consuming marijuana does not kill people.

So while you're busy placing blame on the wrong people, we're still getting sicker and the pharma, food and medical industries are getting richer and more powerful.

So, you know the correct people to blame ?

Yes, the FDA, the Food Industry, and the Pharmaceutical Industry.

Let's take your hypothesis here, and for a moment take it as fact.

Solution ? (according to the way you present the info)

Shut down the pharma, food and medical industries.

No. You don't shut down these industries... they have to be reformed. How is that going to be done? I don't know. There are plenty of other people working on this same issue and they haven't figured it out yet either.

Bravo. You've just destroyed a major chunk of economy. Left billions
of people sick and starving to death.

If the economy is all based on making people sick, then it needs to be fixed. And if people are not being fed synthetic chemicals in their food, water and products, then they won't be sick. And if the food industry would provide food that is not full of poisons, people won't be starving to death.

Back to reality. That ain't gonna happen.

Fact is, this is what we have to live with, and make the best of.

Yes, that's why I choose not to take pharmaceutical drugs, and I don't eat processed food or food with pesticides in them. I don't use products with chemicals in them. You can choose to consume those items if you want... that's your choice.

If the only thing you have to complain and worry about is food additives
and pharma companies, you have a blessed life.

If you think these things are not be worried about, you have a short life. I don't know if you have kids, but I doubt that you would want them (or anyone else in your family) ingesting dangerous, synthetic chemicals everyday. Or maybe you do based on your responses to this information.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
But the way I see it, we're consistently
gaining popularity, and other supermarkets
are recognizing our potential, and competition
is a great way to drive prices down.

Then who knows, maybe we'll all be eating
mostly organic and/or all-natural foods one day.

Yes! That's what I'm hoping for! We all deserve healthy chemical-free food. Thanks for the great input!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Anne,
Very nice debate !

Well thought out and courteous. I've learned some things, and for that
(and the debate) I truly thank you.

I hope in the future we have other opportunities to converse on the
different views we obviously have.

We each have our opinions on these matters, and for myself, your is
highly regarded.

Again, thanks.

Sincerely,
Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well it would seem to me they were focusing on weight loss and nothing else. Diet Coke may be unhealthy but it won't make you fat (zero calories).

And I heard that aspartame wasn't really dangerous it was a hoax.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kacen,
Something like This ?

Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Well it would seem to me they were focusing on weight loss and nothing else. Diet Coke may be unhealthy but it won't make you fat (zero calories).

And I heard that aspartame wasn't really dangerous it was a hoax.

Aspartame is very dangerous and the FDA and the makers of artificial sweeteners have gone to great lengths to cover up this fact. And seeing that your name displays the tag "Illuminati", leads me to believe that you are already aware of this.

"Urban myths" of the aspartame industry
You can visit the website for Equal, which says that aspartame-induced tumors, migraines, seizures and nervous system disorders are just "urban myths." If you believe that, you probably also believe the aspartame industry's argument that the studies that resulted in the condemnation of their products were based on lab rats instead of humans. Just take note, however, that "spontaneous brain tumors in laboratory rats are extremely rare," according to Dr. H.J. Roberts in Aspartame (NutraSweet): Is It Safe?. So before you believe what the manufacturers of aspartame products would like to tell you, consider first the fact that for extensively-studied, generic laboratory rats, "brain tumors are extremely rare before age one and one-half," according to Dr. Blaylock. Afterward, compare that observation to study results cited by Dr. Blaylock that indicate "aspartame-fed rats developed two tumors by 60 weeks of age and five tumors by 70 weeks." Now, do you still believe it's an "urban myth?"

The link between aspartame and brain tumors: What the FDA never told you about artificial sweeteners

More articles about aspartame and artificial sweeters:

Interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock on devastating health effects of MSG, aspartame and excitotoxins

Aspartame promotes grand mal seizures, say health experts

The top ten things food companies don't want you to know

Bill in New Mexico could ban aspartame from the state

[edit on 2-6-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Did I miss something? Since when is Coke a fit option? I LOVE Coke, drink several cans a day, but I'm not fooling myself that Coke is healthy. And diet Coke is even worse -- it contains aspartame.

Thanks MajorMalfunction for denying my ignorance. I gave up soda a long time ago, but I drink a diet once in a while and never will again. Let me ask you this, by chance what effect does diet coke have on diabetics, if you or any one else knows?

[edit on 2-6-2007 by souls]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
thats wierd because subway sells tea i figured that would be part of there healthy meals but i geuss not......its mainly because of the pull coke has as far as money and name recognition plus isnt the meal for kids?? i remember seeing the commercial and it had little league players and jared says "who wants me to autograph a baseball" ((kids stare at him in silence)) then jared says "well.....who wants a smart fit meal then the kids are all happy and cheering and stuff ((in hindsight maybe i watch too much tv))

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join