It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have this in their memory?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
As a child, I always dreamt that it was night and my house was dark. Outside there would appear a helicopter with a searchlight trying to "get" me by shining it's lights in at me. I always knew that if I could hide from the light I'd be okay.

It was a terrifying dream as a child. Yet for some odd reason, I have an almost fanatical obsession with helcopters. I absolutely love them, especially police and SEARCH hellicopters! I'm even a member of the Airborn Law Enforcement Assn., and I'm not a pilot nor a cop.

Anyone else have memories that specifically deal with search helicopters?

If this was a screen memory, I wonder why I'd have such a positive disposition toward helicopters? Weird...

I never really thought about all this before. it's very interesting that so many of you have some kind of vivid helicopter memories!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
That day that my brother and I watched the helicopter leave, I felt very sad to see them go, and felt as though they were very loving toward me. It was a weird feeling, and a confusing feeling because I think a part of me recognized it was not how, I should be feeling.

I felt very important to them, and longed to go with them. At the time I was a child and just put the whole thing behind me, but never that one memory of watching them go and feeling sad to see them go.

Later I felt very manipulated by these beings and angry, and knew I had been used, perhaps you have not gotten past the good feeling they left in your memory to cover up the reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's interesting. A few years ago, my cat got his claw stuck in my eyelid. It was very bizarre. I was just petting him outside when all of a sudden he just attacked me. I tried to pull his claw out, but it just stuck until he retracted his claw. I thought he'd poked straight through and perhaps into the eye, but when I looked in the mirror, it was just a little mark in the eyelid just about my right eye. By the next morning, there was no sign that anything had happened. I never really supposed there was anything too bizarre about it other than the abnormal behavior of my cat that day, but there's always that looming possibility just outside of what we're normally willing to believe. Our cats also have the uncanny ability to get out of the house when all of the doors and windows are shut.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
WHOA!!!
No kidding... I've had this memory from when I was a kid, 5 or 6 years old, I'm 37 now, of playing in my back yard alone when all of the sudden a helicopter is taking off right from my backyard.

It's really weird... the memory is vivid as a movie and not many memories from that age are this vivid. It is also so completely disjointed that I've NEVER made sense of it. I will try to recount it and describe it to the best of my ability - but not being able to understand some of the sequence events makes this difficult.

I was alone in the backyard and my mother was in the house doing whatever moms do while in the house and their child is out playing in the yard. Our backyard was fenced in, thus I was fenced in there wasn't too much for my mom to worry about.

Now here's how it get's wierd... my FIRST memory in sequence is the helicopter lifting off of the backyard and flying upward - no memory of it landing or anything, but more on that in a minute. It was a huey-style helicopter but not painted in military colors but flat black - not glossy, but flat. I could see the pilot with his head-set on and two people standing in the cargo doors on the side also in headsets. They were wearing jumpsuits but I can't recall anything extraordinary about them, just dark jumpsuits. One guy points out of the helicopter door at me while grabbing the other guy's arm and was yelling something but I couldn't hear what it was. The helicopter was flying upward and held at a hover at about 25 feet. It looked like the pilot was reacting to something that the one guy was saying. Then slowly the helicopter descended back to the ground.

Then my memory jumps to me playing with the same toys in the exact same place in the yard when a helicopter (same one) comes flying over the neighborhood and appears to be having some engine trouble and is flying very low. It appears to want to land in my backyard but the pilot strikes the eve of our garage with his landing sled, recovers and flies back up and away. That's it. End of memory.

What is wierd about the whole thing is that that summer, my father and grandfather had to repair the garage right where I remember it being struck and put new shingles on the roof as many had been blown off. When I asked my dad about this years ago, trying to rectify the memory, had said that the garage was damaged in a storm that we had and he remembered fixing it - saying he was suprised I remembered that as I was so young.

I've asked my mom about the helicopter "thing" and she just responds by saying that I must have imagined the whole thing. No way though - the memory of this event is Waaaaaaaay too vivid and real.

I've replayed this event over and over in my mind trying to make sense of it until a few years ago when I completely dismissed it as fantasy - that is, until I read your post. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if any others come forward with a similar experience. I've always felt like there was something significant about it, but I never knew what it might be. Perhaps this thread will hold some answers. Thanks.

Edit to add: I've noticed that some of you have described a sense of well-being associated with the helicopter, I share that feeling about this memory as well. I remember feeling sad that it wasn't landing and taking me with them.

Also, I've had such a fixation on helicopters that when I went to enlist in the Army I wanted to go to flight school to fly the Apache. I had scored a 97 of my ASVAB and was accepted into the program. It was the only thing I had ever wanted to do for my entire life. I failed the physical for medical reasons and was never able to join. Just thought it was important to add that as it seems significant to our shared experiences.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by kozmo]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have some faint hints in my mind about helicopters. Perhaps that's why I did a report on them at school when I was a kid. My interest was always just perked and I can't help but wonder why. This is all very curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I have a memory like this too from when I was a kid.

Its always seemed a very vivid memory but I have no idea where it comes from. The way I remember it is I was alone in the field outside the back of my house. I cant remember what I was doin there, but I played there a lot as a kid.

The next thing I remember is a helicopter being there right above my head. It was so close, but I dont recall seeing anyone in it. Then my next memory is of it flying off at great speed. Faster than a helicopter would do I think. I also remember feelin like I didnt want it to go without me.

I cant explain this memory, I was alone and cant ask anyone if it did really happen. Im 100% sure it did tho.
Im 31 now and for as long as I can remember I have had this memory, it seems so very real.
How strange that other have this memory too.
Im gonna follow this thread too see who else has had it.

Saltire

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You guys are describing screen memories to a T...
I used to dissapear all the time as a kid, like being 3 years old and being found 3 miles from my farmhouse and brought home by strangers... Also getting caught on a barbwire fence and an incision behind my left knee...
I remember seeing ET's in my garage with a Steve Austin Million Dollar Man suit on as well... And seeing white gloved hands that said "That's all folks!"
trippy stuff... I always thought they passed me over...
That was not the case... They can come on pretty strong so be cautious what you wish for...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would suggest that maybe the image is from a movie that you vaguely remember from television. It's not a particularly unusual image, and might be just a shot from a movie that has since rerun. I'm trying to think back at all the movies I've seen with helicopter shots, but there are too many.

The only way to know for sure is to try to remember more details about it, and place it in some kind of context. Our memories are good at storage, but sometimes bits and pieces lose their context. Or maybe you'll see it again someday on TV.

Otherwise, one of the occupants didn't happen to look like this, did they:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Haha! SuicideVirus makes a good point, and it's exactly why I'm cautious to form any real conclusions until I get some better evidence. Hard evidence... the type that can't really be ignored - at least by myself and those close to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I dream about UFO's alot, but can't recall one with a helicopter. I feel sometimes like I have a memory of flying inside a helicopter, and looking through the glass bubble cockpit window, but there is no way I have ever been on one.

I do have a memory as a small child of being with my grandmother, who took me to see a helicopter land at a park. But it was nothing to do with aliens! it was to see Prince Philip. Not sure why he was visiting, it was in the early 60's.

As for these eye things.
I had an eye injury at 8 yrs old, but it was an accident caused by my own clumsiness. I got three stitches on my eyelid.

WOW! The cat / eye story! I was carrying my cat through the doorway into my bedroom, and for no apparant reason, she lunged at both my eyes with her paws. Her claws were stuck too! I thought she had gouged my eyeballs out. I was scared to look in the mirror. There were no scratches, but she hit me with such force I had 2 black eyes. I don't think anyone believed me when I said a cat did it!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
this sounds crazy...

I remember the Soviets landing on the moon when I was about 5 or 6. (1976-77) I remember reading it in the paper and my dad said to me "Yeah, but just remember we had our flag there first."

does anyone else remember this?

I know that the russians never landed on the moon. But I swear I remember it happening.

I have heard more than one person remember the same thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I must say this thread is weird, kinda gives me the chills, how can you have similar memories about a helicopter as a child, very odd.

As for myself, I do seem to recall seeing a helicopter land or something in my neighbourhood, I cant remember well, I was around 5-6, but that might be couincidence. Because its not very vivid.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I remember the Soviets landing on the moon when I was about 5 or 6. (1976-77) I remember reading it in the paper and my dad said to me "Yeah, but just remember we had our flag there first."

does anyone else remember this?

Yes, in fact I do. I didn't even realize they hadn't. I guess nobody brought me "up-to-date" on that one. Of course, I wasn't even alive in the '70s, but I do recall that sort of thing when I was very young. The Soviet Union split when I was just a kid, but I do have a memory of "The Russians" landing on the moon.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Same here, but it was a Chinook...

Actually, a few years back, a massive 'helicopter' with 3 spotlights was circling the neighborhood. It was making BAWOOP BAWOOP BAWOOP siren noises in variables of 30 seconds to a minute, repeating three times...

I have pictures somewhere, God knows where, but somewhere.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Foxe]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, childhood chopper memories: Negative!

But I do remember having recurring nightmares: all with the same storyline.
I was a kid, for some reason they had criminalized me (no I had done nothing wrong) and they were trying to get me.
'They' were always in flying craft. Once I got an interesting glimpse of it. It was some sort of white UFO thing. Triangular if I remember correctly.
(The people in it were some sort of USA/NWO government people)...

But that's an interesting nightmare and not a memory...

Sammy

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well for me I think it would be difficult for me and my brother both to have the exact same memory of the incident had it been formed from watching various movies and jumbled memories from that.

I asked my brother about it before he died and he responded that yes he recalled the incident just as I described it. He seemed spooked by it also. We never once discussed the incident at all (even as children) until a few years before he died and I asked him about it.

Then for my daughter to have the exact same memory of a helicopter landing in her grandmother's yard when she was a child is also bizarre.

If it is simply a child imagining things why not a huge bubble or a cinderella coach, why is it always helicopters?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
If it is simply a child imagining things why not a huge bubble or a cinderella coach, why is it always helicopters?

Not to suggest one way or another on this one because I really haven't the slightest clue, but supposing it is just imagination, perhaps it is helicopters because bubbles and cinderella coaches don't frighten most children.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I dream about being alone in the street and having a big fireball in the sky ALWAYS after me, i could only walk REALLY slow and couldn't avoid the fireball, trying to enter some houses but didn't work there was always that big fireball in the sky after me

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i have a memery and i've had a dream, however the dream didn't invole helicopters.

ok so heres the memory: me and my friend paige were playing on a trampoline when all of a sudden she points up in the sky and says "what is that?" i look up in the sky were she's pointing and there is a bright shiny thing in the sky, but it was too far a way to actully tell what it was and it was the after noon too. so guess what we do? we tried and flag it down, while i was trying to catch the sun in the mirror my friend was doing this whole if-the-rock-falls-then-it-will-land-and-if-it-doesn't-then-it-won't thing, i was thinking what ever happens, happens. so i'm trying to get it to land she's freaking out because the rock fell. after about 5 minutes of trying it comes a little closer but then it turns around and flys off. so i'm alittle dissappointed yet kind relieved that it didn't. so thats the memory but the dream was kinda scary.

heres the dream: i'm in reno nevada just hanging out with some friends, having some laughs throwing ice at each other. i end up falling out of my chair because i'm laughing so hard in my dream. when i get up i stop laughing instantly, because up in the sky i see round and diamond shape UFO's just going at it. i finnally get to my feet and i'm running tyring to find cover or at least something to defend my self with. well i do find some cover but soon after i see a round UFO get shot down then i wake up. it was really weird. yet it seemed real. i'm trying to make since of it, i never really told anyone about it till now because if i did people will just think i'm a lunitic, and maybe i am. but still that was a kinda scary. thank you for making a place were i can tell someone about this with out many people thinking i'm crazy.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen

Originally posted by goose

Not to suggest one way or another on this one because I really haven't the slightest clue, but supposing it is just imagination, perhaps it is helicopters because bubbles and cinderella coaches don't frighten most children.

But, we were not frightened at all by the helicopter.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join