It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have this in their memory?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Years ago in the 60's while growing up, me and my brother as children, stood and waved to a helicopter hovering just above our heads, we could see about three people on board. I somehow had the idea it was leaving after a landing though, I had no memory of their actually landing.

Then imagine my surprise to have my now adult daughter talk about having the same memory, of being a child at her grandmothers, and all of us waving to a helicopter just above our heads, and how she could clearly see the pilot and several other people on board. I have no memory of that, but she says it definitely happened. She seemed to not see it at all as a possible UFO experience, just that she found it strange for a helicopter to try and land in her granny's yard.

Anyway it made me wonder if this is a common dream? Perhaps an imposed memory and part of the UFO/alien experience, so have any of you got something similar in your memory?

[edit on 2-6-2007 by goose]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You won´t belive me but when i was i child i had exactly the same experience.

The only difference is that i did not see the pilot/s. It was more like something very bright was flying above my head and it looked like a helicopter. But today I am not shure if it was a dream or reality.

I have never seen any ufo but i often have to think about this experience in connection with ufo etc.

The funny thing is that when i read the header of this thread i had the fealing that it is about the helicopter/bright light experience.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Anyway it made me wonder if this is a common dream?

Good question. It could be a shared memory. OR .. you could have passed it on to others who are receptive.

When i was a kid, my mother and I had the same dream quite a few times. It was always something different - shopping at a store and the number on the cash register comes up OR being at the beach and a train going by ... etc etc It was always something different but we'd dream it at the same time and tell each other about it in the morning.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've been facinated with helicopters and UFOs since I was a child - even wrote a story for school about a UFO in our town. But I don't think I've ever seen anything.

However, today, my neighbor flys the helicopter for the Medevac people to the local hospital. And, Sikorsky just bought a local helicopter company and is growing their business - so we se a lot of 'copters around here. A co-worker of mine also got out of the Computer business a while back and flew helicopters for a tour company in New Zeland for a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The whole pilot/helicopter thing:

That is called a "Screen Memory." A screen memory is just the mind subconsciously overlapping whatever you saw (which was obviously very scary to produce a screen memory) with the image of a normal helicopter. You had seen a helicopter before that, no? Would you be able to look into the sky before that date and be able to identify a normal helicopter? If so, you already had the image in your mind, and all it took was one scary thing to eject the image of something similar.

I AM NOT DEBUNKING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
You obviously saw something strange enough to produce a screen memory, so it could be ET.

Alternatively, the operators of the thing could have implanted a screen memory so you would not classify it as a UFO and think nothing of it. If you have never seen a helicopter before, this could be what happened. Quite strange it would be for you to never see one before and suddenly identify it!

Hope I helped!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yep that is pretty much what I figured it was an implanted memory to cover the scary part, part of me has always known it was not a helicopter. Up to that point we had (me and my brother) only seen helicopters on tv. (Actually I have not been very close to one) The strange thing is neither of us ever spoke of it to anyone until we were adults. The day it happened we went right back to playing and never mentioned it again, it was like the subject was taboo.

Also none of the adults in our family recalls much of the event my daughter remembers, though she says she remembers it vividly, I do recall everyone frantically pulling me outside to look at something, but have no further memory of the incident. One would think a helicopter practically landing in my mother's yard would be something one would easily recall since that has never happened before.

I do have one other memory of a helicopter, I called it the jolly green giant, but I have already written about that here once before, this incident happened late at night and I was the only involved and it was clearly an encounter with something I can't explain.

Anyway the reason I asked about the helicopter memory is I wondered if others had this memory or implanted memory to my way of thinking, it was like that idea was given to us to cover what we were really seeing, though my daughter refuses to think anything other than we saw a helicopter practically land in her grandmother's yard even though I told her I thought we all probably was seeing a UFO.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I thought it was a horse, rearing up over me as.......Nah, that had to be a dream.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It takes alot of courage to come here and tell a story like this.
I for one wonder if it is related to the UFO phenomon somehow.
Then on the other hand are you sure that your child has not heard you discuss this at some point in the past? I think you know where I am going with that though.
It is best if you treat it as normal though for your childs sake. They take so many things very naturally that we tend to get overly excited about.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It takes alot of courage to come here and tell a story like this.

It is best if you treat it as normal though for your childs sake. They take so many things very naturally that we tend to get overly excited about.

Thank you.

My daughter is now thirty so she is definitely not a child, but what she recalls seeing, happened when she was a child, just like my experience happened when I was a child. Since we both had such similar experiences as children, it just seemed strange to me, plus the way we both treated it is the same, my daughter had not mentioned the experience until the other night when I was talking about my own, she began to correct me thinking I was talking about the memory of the helicopter nearly landing in her grandmother's yard. She did not know of my experience, so I am sure I had not told her, and it was only after discussing it that it made me wonder if others have memories like ours.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This isn't at all that far-out in terms of abduction experiences on a few fronts.

One thing to keep in mind is that those with abduction experiences often have kids who also experience abductions. This is exactly what comes to mind when you say your daughter remembers the same thing...

If in fact your experience is actually the remaining memory of an abduction, it's quite possible that your daughter has in fact gone though the same experience...

To me, this doesn't sound like an 'implant' memory, but rather the only rememberings of an abduction experience you had. It sounds to me just based off the vivid description of this one event, that the entire event was extremely vivid, but this end to the experience is all your memory hung on to (do to a memory erase or whatever you want to call it). In a sense you lived out an entire vivid event from start to finish, but only this very last part remains untampered with in your memory...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
goose... have you considered speaking to a psychologist that specializes in retrieving memories? That would be one way to get to the bottom of it once and for all.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No, there are not many psychologists nearby as I live in a small town. I seriously doubt any of them would want to hear anything about this type of experience. I would be afraid they would lock me up if I suggested I thought I had any experiences of this type.

I have memories of these things, (creatures) to a certain extent. They were a big part of my childhood, and I know of one encounter as an adult. I think there were others, but it is only when one has strong emotions about something else, that one can recall any part of the incident. Somehow they are able to control our memory, and incapacitate us to a certain extent when these encounters happen.

They have no real feelings for us at all, as matter of fact they are pretty disgusted with the human race. We are nothing more than lab rats to them, as a matter of fact, I think real lab rats are considered more valuable to the researchers who use them.

There is, however something they need from earth or from us, not sure which, but if anyone truly thinks these beings have any kind feelings toward us, their fooling themselves.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by goose]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
About 4 to 6 years ago, in late summer when the northern lights could be seen from Port Angeles, Washington, I spent a lot of time looking up at the night sky. One particular night I remember seeing a huge streak as something really large passed into our atmosphere. It was definitely too huge to be a regular meteor. I was very suprised that it didn't make the news at all because it had to have been extremely large and if it wasn't a space craft of some sort, it would have hit the ground and made a large impact. There was a long trail of light behind it. Whatever it was, it was definitely heading toward Seattle, but I haven't heard or seen anything about an incident in Seattle around that time period. If anyone has an ideas of what it was, I'd appreciate a response.

Dae

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
There is, however something they need from earth or from us, not sure which, but if anyone truly thinks these beings have any kind feelings toward us, their fooling themselves.

My theory... The earth and its solar system is the 'engine room' of a spaceship, we as people both in this 'physical' realm and the 'spiritual' are the inhabitants or children of this amazing spaceship.

Our home has been invaded; stories and myths of long ago civilizations are from the period when we were in control. We have been compromised in many ways, our 'bodies' have been kept separated with only a small link, mysticism calls it The Veil. We are POWs and the 'aliens' cannot kill us all or Gaia will cease being a spaceship, a self destruct type jobby.

We are a commodity to them, nothing more, if they can’t have us they will self-destruct us. I think that’s why you have collusion from fellow humans who are the powers that be.

Anyway, just a theory!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've had a recurring dream that a helicopter hovers high over downtown
empties bags of white powder. The city is shut down and quarantined
for a long time. This dream was most frequent in the couple years after
Sept 11, 2001. I must have been paranoid or something. No childhood
helicopter dreams though.

But.. I do have this dream every few months about large black disk
shaped UFO's flying past the house in route to somewhere. The TV
and radio gives everyone advance warning and tells the population
in the flight path of these UFO fleets to close the blinds and stay low
until the all-clear is sounded. I peek out the curtain, see these large
silent craft streaking by (some high, some low)..and then my dream
changes to another subject, or it's time to wake up. Time to end this
message because I'm getting chills writing about it.
-cwm

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This reminds me of something that happened to me as a kid. I was in my room and a black helicopter streaked by my window. I freaked out and told my Grandma who said it was just a dream and I should go back to playing.

On another note I have had a nightmare that has stuck with me since I was a kid. I am in my bed in my room surronded by giant Y's that used to be on Seasame Street. It was completly dark and They were telling me I had to stay still, couldn't move or get off my bed or they'd hurt me. I didn't listen, they got angry at me, but didn't hurt me like they said they were going to... but they said if I didn't do what they said and behave they'd hurt my father. They said they didn't want too much involvment of any other people. I didn't listen and they dragged my dad in the room, tied him to a chair and hurt him somehow. After that I got really really scared and just stayed still. I started feeling weird... dizzy, nauseos, and numb. Last thing I remember is one of the Y's dragging my Dad back to his room and then muffled voices coming from the Y's.

Very scary dream for a kid, and it's stuck with me since forever. I have never ever told anyone about it cept now.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That's a pretty freaky dream.

At one point, I had a recurring dream where I went to take a shower as usual, but after taking my clothes off, I continued to take off my flesh, muscles, etc. down to the bone until I was literally an undead being walking around in the night. Other people started doing the same thing. Come morning, we put our skins back on and woke up in the regular world. This happened for approximately a month, and I seemed to have a cult following in this dream world until finally I decided to meet some "overseer" of sorts and tell him I no longer wanted to be bound to this fate. He told me to go back to my people and tell them my decision, so I went back to the others of the "undead" and told them. I haven't had the dream since.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have had screen memories when I was a child and just recently...I was fully wired so to speak with implants and the tiny speakers in the ears so they can communicate directly with you... You may also notice alot more radio towers in your area with the triangle configuration and panels...They may be passed off as cellular towers or relay towers, however they emit much more, like dog shock collars, except, we are the dogs.

Each of us get at least one implant at around the age of 3, usually inserted through the eyelid. So you may remember a traumatic screen memory involving your eye.
Mine was a clothes hanger that got caught there by accident.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've had a few helicopter dreams, the most vivid was in the last year in which my husband and I were standing in the back yard at night and I watched him go up in a helicopter. Later in the dream my dog took off running across the street and as I began chasing him we both were lifted into the air. It was odd, but I don't have any memories of helicopters from childhood.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That is so weird about the eye thing, every few months I will have a needle mark just above my eyelid. It has been happening forever and then it will heal and then within a few months begin to spew out small glass fragments. When I rub it, I feel the sharpness of what I think is tiny glass fragments cutting inot my skin under the needlemark, this will pass and heal and then it will start all over again about 4-6 months later.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join