It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the qualifications to become a moderator?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Be a Mod pff, I really appreciate all the hard work they and Admin do, but I like seeing it work from the outside.

I'll go back to basement now.

I am with you there. We had an intranet with a forum and i was one of the originating "bodies" and obviously a mod et al - I have to say, these guys do a great job and though i am dedicated, i spent a lot of afterhours fixing, editing, deleting, changing, reprimanding etc etc etc because that sort of "work" was not allowed in office hours UNLESS i got an alert about something that was WAY below the belt. Sometimes a thankless job. And as per ATSMix with the Mod interviews, it is so difficult at times to keep your cool and be level headed and your posts tend to take on a different "tone" if i may. You have to stay conscious about your role and be a constant example.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If your quarterly performance review is scored above the promotion cutting score for the previous fiscal quarter, your packet goes on to the deputy director of the CIA and he clears you for mod duty, contingent upon renewal of your security clearances.

Special meritorious promotions are awarded on the basis of heroic conduct in the field or innovation that advances the discipline of espionage, but that's very rare and hasn't been done since intrepid.

So yes, as may have been suspected, we are an evil nepotist cadre whose selection has nothing to do with our willingness and ability to serve the community.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join