It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the qualifications to become a moderator?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
mrwupy, tell us all the juicy details. Just be sure to blur the nude pictures during the 'rites'. After all, inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
SHHHH NGC! If Mr. Wupy shows you the rites, they'll have to kill you. I heard it from this guy who logged on this morning who heard it from Dick Cheyney who heard it from Boris Yeltsin who heard it from Skeptic Overlord himself.

It HAS to be true! Watch your back, don't ask to see the unseeable.

Don't ask to know the unknowable.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think you have to have availability (like me) even if its just evenings or mornings.

You have to be nice and civil (like me) with diplomacy like me.

You must follow ATS guidelines (like me) and give them some hours that you can devote to this cause (like me)

Of course, i've never asked, since that''s probably a guarantee that you wont become a mod.

A good standing member (like me) would be able to do the work.

Does that answer your question?

I would love to be an evening mod sometime but i wouldnt ask. Its not nice to ask- they must come to you.

^
^

I think you would be a great mod, but remember they may come and get you in your sleep when you least expect it. You'll wake up the next morning a mod.

You'll talk mod, think mod, eat mod, and even sleep like a mod. It will consume your whole being.

You won't be one of us anymore. I think Springer, SkepticOverlord and the rest have a special Ray Gun turning a select few into.......Mods.

But I am on to them and they will never get me alive.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I heard it from this guy who logged on this morning who heard it from Dick Cheyney who heard it from Boris Yeltsin who heard it from Skeptic Overlord himself.

hehe, shows how much you know.

let me give you a hint.

Skeptic Overlord = Dick Cheney.

Boris Yeltsin is Springer's code name for Simon's pet chihuahua who's name is actually Boris Yeltsin.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It was the Ed McMahon Costume that threw me off.

I mean..I thought I'd won a jackpot. So, I hopped in the big black sedan willingly.
Then, I suddenly remembered.."where is the GIANT CHECK?"

There was no Giant Cardboard Check.

The driver said "HIYOOOOOO!", and it's the last thing I remember that day.
I awakened to find myself chained to a keyboard. Coffee to the left, a stack of
"Nowak Nappies" to the right.

At least the office chair is adjustable.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Qualifications for a moderator?

What a novel concept... I'll have to bring this up to the powers that be... Moloch knows we need a little levity to break up the monotony of member sacrifices. You know, something to make you shoot unicorn milk out of your nose while laughing maniacally.

Full Disclosure Monkeys, not just for saying too much anymore...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If only you knew how Putin is mixing in with all of this...

[edit on 2007/6/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The way you think scares me some your Mirthfulness. I'm a tad put off by the baleful glare of the avatar, but that alone would not make me have bad dreams.

If anyone shows up in my life talking in your manner, I may not be responsible for my actions.

My only hope is that you can't find my secret lair.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its true. Just WHERE do moderators go???

Lots of people who were very active here and became mods are or seem to be gone.

Is it they put you in a velvet box and you only come out once in awhile on a full moon?

If that's the case, i would rather be just dgtempe, the left winged woman, (I cant seem to get my right wing to grow)
putter around and have some fun posting.
Who wants to be among the dead? Not moi.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I awakened to find myself chained to a keyboard. Coffee to the left, a stack of
"Nowak Nappies" to the right.

At least the office chair is adjustable.

Whaaaat?! Mods get office chairs AND coffee? FMSEs only get a 286 (at least it has one of those "turbo buttons" to make it go faster!) with dial-up and a water cooler we all have to share!?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I can't speak for the other mods but I was told I had to sleep with Skeptic and Springer if I wanted to be a mod. Oddly enough, Springer is the gentle one. Skeptic is a brute.
I have yet to receive dime one and Skeptic is still coming over for his weekly "mod training" sessions.

SO Crakeur
The "training" sessions have truly paid off!!

Good on you - congrats again. Are you done with Skeptic now? I don't want to dig in your salad but I am thinking of sending SO a U2U considering he will have some free time again

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The first rule of modding is "you do not talk about modding"

The second rule of modding is "YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MODDING"

really got to stop watching that film

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
LOL well hey, I wasn't talking about modding? Were you? Nope, not us - what i was talking about was something totally different which, from what i can tell, would automatically force me into that position... (tongue in MY cheek)

[edit on 3/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Obey The Moderator!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Good on you - congrats again. Are you done with Skeptic now? I don't want to dig in your salad but I am thinking of sending SO a U2U considering he will have some free time again

SO no longer has free time. I have managed to find a way to get him off my back (literally) and put him to better use.

He'd respond but the man is way too busy these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Obey The Moderator!

That was fantastic and I would go as far to say very true of MANY forum based/related sites. Hmmmm, now this is not a schmooze or @ss kiss lol BUT i don't, or haven't, come across that here personally and i am sure it wouldn't happen and from what i have "heard" Mods have lost their titles due to using them as personal tools.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
SO no longer has free time. I have managed to find a way to get him off my back (literally) and put him to better use.

He'd respond but the man is way too busy these days.

Well good for you Crakeur! I would hate to even try and imagine what you went through - but hey, i am willing to give it a shot!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There's really nothing to it provided you know how to bend over backwards..err I mean forwards! Like this....

Lol!

Cheers!

[edit on 3-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah Yeah Mike!! I know you by now and sometimes, like now, i get worried about who you are "bending over" for to get your hands on the ummm pics - YES that's it - the pics

Good one!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Why anyone would want to be a Mod is beyond me, reminds of when I took a computer hardware repair course just so I knew more about building and keeping mine running. Now friends ask for help, hey no problem right, we're friends I'll put what ever it is into your system and I become gods gift LOL. That is until a few days or months go by I get a call hey you bleep bleep you screwed my computer up.
Moral of the story your damed if you do, and if you don't your still friends

Now I just give advise.

Be a Mod pff, I really appreciate all the hard work they and Admin do, but I like seeing it work from the outside.

I'll go back to basement now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join