It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the qualifications to become a moderator?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I am interested in this job, and i was wondering what the qualifications were?
Granted, i havent been a member for very long, but i do have an extensive backround in conspiracy theories, and mostly every thread that comes up i know something about. I am just curious on what it takes to be a mod on this site and if there is an application of sorts, i would like to apply.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by hikix]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Rule 1: Never ask how to become a Mod.
Rule 2: Anyone asking about becoming a Mod will be shot on sight.

These are the only rules ever released by the all powerful ones.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Now, I can't remember seeing rule 2 before. But yes, it seems the first step is never to ask them.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Only one rule, actually.

NEVER Ask about becoming a moderator

That's one of the first things they teach you in ATS 101.

Actually, just be a good member. Don't cause trouble. Make some outstanding posts. And above all, live your life (at least while on ATS), by the motto "Deny Ignorance".

If all else fails, you can try to send money to a secret swiss bank account.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was hoping I could sort of slip rule 2 into the books, and get them to hire me as ATS' official gun wielding maniac.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Having said never ask, it seems you can if you do it in a joking fashion, or you are a brilliant member:

Posted in 2006

Originally posted by chissler
Wow the list just continues to grow and grow...

* chissler waits patiently for his U2U

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix but i do have an extensive backround in conspiracy theories, and mostly every thread that comes up i know something about.

Actually after rereading your post, if you truly do have an "extensive background" (meaning verifiable) in conspiracy theories, maybe a "Moderator" position is not what you shoud be striving to acheive. Perhaps "Conspiracy Master"??

Just a thought.

[edit on 6/2/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by hikix but i do have an extensive backround in conspiracy theories, and mostly every thread that comes up i know something about.

Actually after rereading your post, if you truly do have an "extensive background" (meaning verifiable) in conspiracy theories, maybe a "Moderator" position is not what you shoud be striving to attain. Perhaps "Conspiracy Master".??

Maybe he should be trying to get FSME as well perhaps. I'm sure we need some new ones.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Maybe he should be trying to get FSME as well perhaps. I'm sure we need some new ones.

Perhaps.

I'm quite certain if he has made any significant posts here, that at least some of the staff had taken notice of it. And that is a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If you've ever watched LOST its similar to that...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
well the bell strikes 12 on a full moon night...

a selective group of members are taken away to the secret sun temple of ATS.

each member takes an oath to our dear creator and learns the secret handshake.

then SkepticOverlord gives them "the mark"

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think you have to have availability (like me) even if its just evenings or mornings.

You have to be nice and civil (like me) with diplomacy like me.

You must follow ATS guidelines (like me) and give them some hours that you can devote to this cause (like me)

Of course, i've never asked, since that''s probably a guarantee that you wont become a mod.

A good standing member (like me) would be able to do the work.

Does that answer your question?

I would love to be an evening mod sometime but i wouldnt ask. Its not nice to ask- they must come to you.

^
^

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
ATS mods

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, why the Sam Hill would you want the job? It seems to be a thankless task requiring more effort than herding cats, and everybody thinks it's your fault when things get out of hand.

Plus, you have to stay sober for the hours that you are committed to, which is hard to do when the BS gets deep around here.

I don't know what perks they might get, but it's doubtful that those are the reason one would be a moderator. I suspect it's masochism.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
haha yeah, ive been thinking it over and i thought the pay was a little better than i was led to believe!!!

Yeah i figured its not something you ask for, its probably not for me afterall.

And ive noticed moderators dont contribute as much as they enforce, it almost seems more like a curse then a blessing!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now, Now, Don't listen to the naysayers, becoming a mod is easy. Just follow these easy steps.

The mods on the board don't get enough positive attention so follow them around, telling them how great and brilliant they are. They LOVE that stuff.

Show them just how good of a mod you would be by "Modding-by-proxy." Don't wait for a mod to come along to correct a problem situation, correct it yourself by pointing out the terms and conditions and putting the transgressor in his place.

Don't forget the complain button, It lets the staff know that you are up to speed on the T&C's and have no problem pointing anything out and doing what you must to set it right. Complain, complain, complain, atleast several times a day. It shows that you care.

Don't worry about contributing quality material to the site, they never look at that stuff anyway. Spend your days looking for those that are breaking the rules and disrupting the board and then have a go at them.

Seriously, as a former member of staff, would I lead you wrong?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
If you've ever watched LOST its similar to that...

all mods have a history?
a past that they all share in common

[edit on 2-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
well first you must have a high midichlorion count....then years of training.....and one day you can become a jed......err....a mod

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Spend your days looking for those that are breaking the rules and disrupting the board and then have a go at them.

Now that's funny.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Hmmm, the chances to become MOD to those who already asked seems slim now

Just kidding, actually I even read from one of Springer's post (not sure if Springer's or SO's) that there was a banned member who even become a MOD. Of course after working things out with the ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join