It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puh-LEASE no more Deadliest Catch!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Now we have Trucks on the IceRoad which is even more dangerous!

But I like that show too.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
DUde I like that show. Working on one of those boats I would probably get my teeth knowcked out by half the machinery on deck. Then my ears would fall off from the unbelievable cold. I don't think I could tough it out on the boat.

However, discovery channel will sometimes play their shows over and over again in marathons. Shame they burn people out like that. but the shows great. And we think we have rough jobs. But on just about every episode there is a general call across the radios that some boat somewhere nearby has a man missing or lost overboard. people die doing this stuff each year.

Planet earth gets my props too.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
One aspect of that show strikes me.

Most of us by necessity lead such boring mundane lives that we actually need to see other people going out there and having real lives.

I think one day on those crab boats would cure me of any romance about it. I was on a yacht at sea once in a really rough crossing and chucked up for 24 hours solid. When I ran out of anything to upchuck I started to vomit blood and saliva.

These guys are crazy heroes. I am glad we can still admire such folk.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
yeah I saw the one where the captain jumps into the harbor and swims under his boat and saws off a tangled crab trap line that was wrapped around the prop. He was down there for like 45 minutes just sawing away....in 15 degree water or whatever the temp is up there. That ice build up is scary as hell too. They clear like 15 inches of ice off their gear and an hour later it's back just as thick. not for pussies or desk jockeys, and I couldn't do that job. 4 hours out to sea I'd be miserable and in a lot of pain . I'd be the weenie holed up in the bunks crying and being made fun of by the skipper or something... and only 4 hours in!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I like the show. I find it pretty cool. Plus it shows them catchin' all those crabs and stuff. Crabs think they're so cool. Walkin' around, pinchin' people, always lookin' mad and stuff. I hate crabs.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
always lookin' mad and stuff. I hate crabs.

I love crabs... They don't look so mad when you dip em in butter and sautée them. "Not so tough are you now huh?!?!?!?....King my @$$"

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
yeah you harvest all those ocean going sea spiders. I ain't eating no damned opelio spider or whatever they want to claim are crabs. Crabs lobster, shrimp. arachnids of the sea....eccchhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Whoah there BASSPLAYER....

Arachnids have 8 legs. Crabs and lobsters are decapods........

I think you owe someone an apology.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
see! see! they're even worse than spiders. they're mutant spiders with even more legs. Damned giant sea louses!!! I ain't eating anything that resembles giant pubic lice.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When I was a kid, the kid who lived across the street used to pull the legs off of spiders and stuff. I'd like to see those Deadliest Catch dudes pull the legs off of some of those crabs and throw it back over. I bet that crab would be so surprised! It would be sittin' there lookin' like a rock on the bottom of the sea. I bet that crab would be thinkin' - Man! I really wish I had legs!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
don't those legs grow into crabs themselves or something. I though crabs could regrow their legs n stuff. never eat anything that when you chop off it's limbs it'll just regrow them

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I love lobster crab and shrimp.... However, there are some Malocostraca that I won't eat.

Like this bugger

It's a close relative to lobsters and scrimp.

I bet it would be tasty, but look at that thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
dude to me they all look just as ugly and as un appetizing as that giant mud flea or whatever that thing was.

I'll eat fish but even some of those are way too ugly.

New rule for me....if it's ugly I won't eat it. from now on it's only dolphins, otters, deer, and that cute puppy in the window for me, and maybe a carebare or two if I get crazy or desperate for food.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I love lobster crab and shrimp.... However, there are some Malocostraca that I won't eat.

Like this bugger

It's a close relative to lobsters and scrimp.

I bet it would be tasty, but look at that thing.

Yikes! I don't even know what the heck that things is - but I bet it thinks it's so cool. I hate that thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think that thing is a relative of the roly poly.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Lobsters are basically giant, underwater cockroaches.

But ya know what, I still find them mighty tasty.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So I watched the 'Making of Deadliest catch'. It's a documentary about the filmmakers making deadliest catch, and it was more interesting than the show itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
So I watched the 'Making of Deadliest catch'. It's a documentary about the filmmakers making deadliest catch, and it was more interesting than the show itself.

I never caught that, but I bet it would be interesting. I've seen "After the Catch" where the captains and host are sitting in a bar telling war stories. That was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ive seen the last 4 seasons of the show and it is great. A friend of mine did it for a few years. he says he had friends die every season they went out. what they dont tell you is that the 4 boats they feature are the best boats in the whole fleet. Most the other boats are death traps and they dont care if you die or not. they just want to catch as much crab in the least amount of time. My opinion is that you would have to be crazy to go out into the harshest sea in the world and risk your life just for money. Sure they make around 30k - 50k per deckhand in just 6 to 10 days but is that worth losing your life? I dont think so.

and what if you piss the captain and crew off, they could just throw you overboard and say you fell. Hey! thats not very nice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join