It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who keeps waking me up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
so lately I have been having this happen.

I 'll be sleeping fine. then out of nowhere i hear a loud voice say my name or say HEY real loudly i had it happen today and its been going on the past few weeks. it sounds like someone is speaking right into my ear and it shakes me awake! and it's usually a male voice. i wake up and i find no one is around or anything! anyway does this happen to anyone or what the hell is this?
thanks xo

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This actually happens to me quite often, I always hear my name being said very fast and very loud. Sometimes I jump pretty hard as well afterwards, so I know what you are going through. I'm pretty sure its just a twitch of the sub conscious. There was a thread on here a while ago of people who would have a falling sensation and wake up pretty rattled. Could be the same thing. I'm eager to hear others opinions on what could be happening.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
thanks anagram for contributing! yeah its such a weird feeling! i dont think its harmful but just very shocking i guess you could say. maybe bodyclock telling me get up now haha

but yeah i want to hear others as well

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Happens to me at least twice a week, usually just after I fall asleep. It usually comes with a weird twitch in my legs. Never made much of it myself.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Happens to me at least twice a week, usually just after I fall asleep. It usually comes with a weird twitch in my legs. Never made much of it myself.

Cuhail

Have the exact same thing, leg twitching and everything

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
its me and im very sorry.....anyways forreal now though i have a fairly good eplenation i think considering on if these things happenn between 12-3 am

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Crap your all on to me. OK I have to lay off for a while. See you all soon................real soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hahaha you guys.. well it happens to me usually in the mornings and just wake up and get on with my day. i HAVE had it happen early/late night though too but the majority has been mornings.. whats the explanation for the 12- 3 am justanothergangster,

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That exact same thing happened to me once at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park Colorado, I was nearly dosing off and someone (thing) yelled out my name. It also sounded like it was right in my ear as well.

It happened to another night auditor as well.

Pretty freaky stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yeah I know when it happens.

I know everytime it happens.

just kidding. I'm not really this creepy.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Something similar to this has happened to me a lot quite recently. I would always see blue in my dreams just a lot of blue. Then I would wake up thinking there is some sort of Grey alien nearby.

Last night it happened as well I was dreaming normally and halfway through my dream I saw a doorway. The door was open and there was nothing but blue shining out of the door. It was completely blue.

Very weird. I remember waking up and getting angry demanding that if there was an alien there that it show me its face.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
it's just one that takes care of you.

ever thought on the concept, guardian angels..

they make you aware of many things! they guide you. or is it.... IT!

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Something similar to this has happened to me a lot quite recently. I would always see blue in my dreams just a lot of blue. Then I would wake up thinking there is some sort of Grey alien nearby.

Last night it happened as well I was dreaming normally and halfway through my dream I saw a doorway. The door was open and there was nothing but blue shining out of the door. It was completely blue.

Very weird. I remember waking up and getting angry demanding that if there was an alien there that it show me its face.

Weird.
I have a dream last night, for some reason I was in a field, and the sky was just overexposed of BLUE. Even the Horison was Blue; Strong Blue. Blinding Blue.

Cuhail

I have that too. Very weird. It's almost as if I'm dreaming and when I wake up I kick my legs?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Okay, Ill play your game, I got one last night. About 2 am, here comes the loud voice awaken me, and warn me that something was not secure.

As we just suffered a break in and loss of some 2000$ worth of lawn equipment, I had to pay attention to the warning. So I checked the doors, all were locked except the car doors, locked them and went back to bed. About a half hour later the dogs go into the barking mode. They only do that when someone or thing is outside the house. I didn't see anything, but was very prepared this time.

I have had the the name thing just before falling deeply into sleep. And now have heard the lengthy and quick message. You say it comes from Guardian Angels? I say, why not! I guess it all depends on the type of message you receive, positive or negative, whether it is a good angel or bad.

For me, I'm a firm believer in Gods angels, and I can tell ya from experience, they just don't care what color skin you have or the religion you practice, they see us all as "Gods Chosen people"

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think i have experience something similar, however not nearly with the feqency that you aparently do. Its happen a few times ,3-5, and it will be just a quick little word or some thing. Like, once it happen when i had laid down on the bed during the day, and i heard a vioce, real loud right, in my ear, it stratled me and i flew out of the bed and looked around in one motion in about .112 seconds, my door was closed and it blew my mind, my heart was racing so intense. It was strange.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sleep is when the mind yawns and becomes a mirrored portal into existence. Less an observer and more a white tipped wave cresting on an ocean, then the ocean speaks from within and all the universe participates.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've only had something like that happen to me once, and weirdly enough, it was on my birthday. Anyway, at about 3:00 AM, I felt a hand gently touch my arm and a male voice saying happy birthday. I asked everyone in the house if they had done it, but no-one had.

Though, honestly, I think my experience, along with several of your experiences, could be merely sleeping paralysis. Sometimes when your experiencing SP, you have a feeling that your legs are tingling, or that you're floating. Also, sometimes you feel as if there is a dark presence near your bed, which is referred to as 'the old hag', and sometimes you will hear someone talking to you. Really, SP is just a continuation of your dreams, except your mind has woken up while your body has not. That's why you are unable to move during SP, and why you usually think you're awake.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I get it from time to time but usually it is my voice and it shouts "Hey". For a few years I would get the sensation what I could only describe as a bioelectrical shock as it sounded like electrical pop in my head and felt like every muscle in my body fired off at once. There were times that I woke up and the bed was still moving from the aftershock like if you lifted your legs and dropped them or flopped down on the bed. I never was awake enough to know if was a leg kick or a single body convulsion.

Who knows, maybe it was some sort of weird sleep levitation and my mind says "oh no you don't". It could also be sleep apnea as I have been told that I sometimes stop breathing for long periods of 60sec or more. But I am a very heavy sleeper. One time a drunk college student came into my apartment, got undressed, laid down beside me and fell asleep. I discovered this person about 2.5 hours after I had gone to bed (was not there beforehand as it is a one room apartment and I had been there all day. I discovered my visitor while rolling over.

First thought was "who put a black mannequin in my bed." And then decided that didn't make sense. I looked around the room to be sure it was my bed. Looked at the guy harder and decided he was real and asleep due to breathing. So put on the cop voice and asked him "How in the h*** did you get in here?" I had fully prepared myself to kill at that point, unwanted stranger in the bed is a good enough justification for me, but felt it would be better to find out how he got in. His eyes snapped open to find a very large white guy angerly hovering above him and meeked out a "What?" I repeated and rapidly added "WTF are you doing in my bed?" He glanced around to figure out is location and that it was most definately not a nightmare and begain backing himself into the corner of the dresser and the wall. I asked "Who are you and how did you get in here?" He began begging for me not to kill him and that is when I smelled the alcohol on his breath and determined by his age he must be a college student. Given his level of fear and that I did not want him to wet my bed, I relaxed a bit and told him he had three things going for him right now. "1. I am not like these redneck MF'er around here. 2. My job is an unarmed security guard in a concelled carry state, if I thought you was a problem you wouldn't be. And 3., My drawers are still on so we got no worries there."

At this point everyone always asks me what happened next. Did I call the cops? Did I physically throw the guy out on his head? Nope, I just sat there and watched him gather his things and made sure he left. The reaction always is you didn't do anything at all?!?! Well, I did introduce myself and shook his hand. And one of my best friends had to set down the phone and step out of the room laughing and telling his roomates what happened. And I hear "He shook his F'ing hand? No way! BS!" through the phone and then one of the roomates picks up the phone and asks if that is what happened because calmly introducing yourself to a trespasser is just surreal. "Well what else could I do, he didn't try to hurt me. Didn't steal anything or tear anything up. He was just drunk and confused and scared. He wouldn't answer any questions so I figured I'd try to trick him into giving me his name by introducing myself." He response was "Kev, your friend is pretty f'd up, man." Kevin came back on the phone and said that Adam thought I should put that in a movie as it would be too funny. And through the backgroud I hear "I still can't believe he shoke his hand." To which Kevin replied "You just got to know him, shake your head and say that's Greg."

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can't explain it in a scientific, logical way so I'll just tell you what happens with me and let you figure it out. Once it a while, I hear the same "Hey!" you've been describing but never saw anything (since I was a kid but you know kids are always having nightmares and vivid imaginations so I won't bother going into that).

Most of the time, several times a week, I will be falling asleep and I will hear what sounds like the murmur of a crowd-- similar to sitting in a crowded place and listening to the people around you with your eyes closed. It starts softly but after a minute you start to pick up scraps of what people are saying... a few words here and there that don't mean anything to me. It's like eavesdropping in a subway station. You concentrate on the loudest voices but you only hear scattered words and have no idea what they're talking about.

I know I'm still awake because it stops immediately when I open my eyes. When I start to relax again in search of sleep, they fade back in until I'm gone... Maybe some parts of my brain are going to sleep before others and this is some wierd auditory dream phenonmenon. I do not believe in angels, spirits, little people or anything else science has not confirmed the existence of.

Any neurologists here? What is this?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
wow awesome im glad im not alone on this one!! anyway yeah anyone know what this is ? it seems quite common i guess??
I have very rarely heard a group of voices ..who knows maybe were all schizo hahha nah,... but i do wanna know what it is all about

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join