It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slugfest who's the worst roll model for men...for women?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey guys. looking at the Celebrities over the top thread and decided to start a who's the worst roll model in america (anywhere really) for people in general. can be gender specific if you want. worst roll model for women? for Men?

As for me I think it's hard to top George Bush JR. as a horrible roll model for Men. That and Carrot Top. As for Women. I think Paris Hilton should be beaten by a hord of women with their shoes or something for even pretending that women are as trite as Paris. Obviouses like Lindsey Lohan, and Brittney.

So have at it. Who do you think does your gender or any gender, affiliation, society, worst examples, worst roll models, or just plain give them a bad name. No need to be nice as long as we stay in the T&Cs. So who really tickes you off in the media.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OK my thread sucks. mods please close and trash thread please.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
:shk:I would have to say Alec Baldwin is definitely a bad role model for men.Nichole Ritchie and Mary kate Olssen for the bad female role models.All three for obvious reasons.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey it's a good thread- don't trash it yet!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Haha, Carrot Top? I love it! Don't forget to put Paulie Shore in that list!

I feel exactly the same way about the woman you have listed. When I was growing up, the role models I had were D.J. Tanner from full house and Blossom (bahaha). But then again my parents censored the heck over what I was exposed to at a younger age. Ten years later I am here going shifty eyed over conspiracies that lurk around every corner!

I visit online celebrity communities once in a blue moon and it makes my brain frown seeing younger girls striving so hard to be like the women mentioned above. Money, party, score some blow, rinse repeat. There's an unhealthy lack of self esteem in girls today more than ever when there should be self worth and, you know, being young and having fun while it lasts?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Pauli Shore is a disgrace to men. I agree there. I think gallagher should beat carrot top with his mallet. Although gallagher isn't the best male role model either.

What about other less obvious roll models in society. are they healthy? madonna...good for the kids or bad? what about fergi. I think she is one of the worst models for women to follow. girls try not to be like fergi please. she's a methed out tavern wench who got a record deal. not good for girls to follow IMHO.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
word on the paris hilton and nicole ritchie broads...as for males i dont really know.. maybe umm damn i don't know! it seems like chicks look up to celebs more than guys do!

i guess maybe the guys from those laguna beach shows?

tom sizemore? ha

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Bad role models?

Men - O.J. Simpson. Alec Baldwin.

What could be a worse role model than a man who beats and murders an ex wife and leaves the body for his children to find (fortunately a neighbor found the bodies first - otherwise the kids would have woken up to find them)? What could be a worse role model than a man who calls his 11 year old daughter long distance and threatens her and promises violence ....

Women - Nichole Richie. Katie Holmes.

Nichole Richie .. no talent 'celeb' starving herself to impress others. Katie Holmes ... giving up her life, her family, and her friends all for money and the 'love' of a controlling man who is a major figure in a cult.

Other bad role models -

Saddam - get mad at the family - kill them off.

Rummy - push POTUS to start a war (with Iraq) and then leave half way through. This teaches kids that they don't have to take responsibility.

Rosie - demand tolerance for yourself but refuse to tolerate others who have different opinions.

MalcomX - 'make the streets of America run red with the blood of white people'. :shk:

NBA stars - many have criminal records and/or are womanizers.
40% have a criminal record

[edit on 6/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

SR

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry for about to derail this thread momentarily

Hey Flyers Fan where is that Malcolm X qoute from his autobiography or something cause I've never read that before. I aint having a go lol i'm just interested

Classic Malcolm X:

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Hey Flyers Fan where is that Malcolm X qoute ..

It's a famous paraphrase from this speech.

He calls for bloodshed. Bloodshed from 'his own followers' and a bloody revolution that leaves nothing left.

Edited to add - also in this speech - the bigotted reference to white people as 'devils'.

He's NOT a good role model IMHO.

[edit on 6/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Other than his pee-pee now being the size of a green bean due to prolonged steroid use and his freakish, horrifying appearance, I don't really think Carrot Top is a bad role model.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
oh my god hahahahahha that picutre of carrot top!!!!! i havent seen that for a while i thought it was fake for the longest time then i saw him on tv ...hes like way too buff jeez.. its like hisbody doesnt go wiht his face..male butterface? hahaha this guy

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey I'd be insecure if I had carrot tops face coupled with that body. Butterface is right. or would that be butthisface? seriously carrot top disturbs me with this whole working out thing.

Rosi O'donnel and star jones bad female roll models in some ways.

But I think the worst roll model for men would be Liza Manellie's ex husband David Gest. check this weirdo out. I'd rather have Michael Takay (Gay asian dude from star trek, with the deep voice) father me or raise me. Good old Dave got beaten up by Liza Manelli. How'd that happen. beaten up as in ass kicked bad...literally beaten up by a 105 lb drunken 65 year old lady.

Women what do you think of Ann Coulter. Should she be in the man or Wo Man catagory?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Women what do you think of Ann Coulter. Should she be in the man or Wo Man catagory?

homegirl should be in the b!tch category..oh guess that makes it "wo man" ha

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'd have to say about 90% of Hollywood is a bad role model for anyone! What a screwed up city that is....

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You are right!

Living in LA i can confirm that 90 percent of the hollywood types are a little shallow and are poor role models. but keep in mind LA is 487 square miles and has 14 million people in it's county realisticlly. the census is wrong BTW it ain't 4 million. those Angelenos are hard working and are decent roll models. media industry is actually a pretty small component to LA's economy.

It's sad though when I drive down rodeo dr and a flock of 13 year old girls are crossing the street all on their cell phone, no parents, and filled gucci shopping bags. just another everyday thing for these paris hilton wannabes. that shows you what happens when people start to emmulate these crappy LA role models. you get spoiled little paris hilton types.

top topics

join