It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is it Angus or Anus in that Burger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

So is it Angus or Anus in that Burger?

www.foxnews.com

LOS ANGELES — CKE Restaurants Inc. (CKR), the parent company of the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's fast food chains, want a federal court to order rival Jack In The Box Inc. to stop suggesting that CKE uses cow anus to make its Angus beef hamburgers.

CKE sued Jack In The Box in U.S. District Court Friday over two TV ads, including one in which executives laugh hysterically at the word "Angus" and another where the chain's mascot, Jack — a man with the round clown head and pointy nose — is asked to point to a diagram of a cow and show where Angus meat comes from.

"I'd rather not," Jack replies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is a pretty funny ad, but it does seem to be meant to misrepresent the product of competitors. Angus beef comes from a high-quality breed of cattle, not the anus of a cow.

Hopefully most viewers are intelligent enough to know that and get it's a joke, but I'm sure some will think that those other burgers are made out of an ass.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That's pretty funny considering how low quality the meat at Jack's is. Maybe they're covering up for their own source of meat.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lips, hips, tits and bits. thats what most burgers/sausages are made from and that the parts that aren't really that offensive.

Angus Beef is top notch, I love a nice chunk of those hairy, horney besties.

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
LOL that's a pretty clever way of advertising reminds me of the Ronald Macdonald sneaking into Burger King adverts from a few years back.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know, I never did trust that clown. I always knew he was up to somethin' sneaky. Truth in advertisin' and stuff should make them call it the ass-burger. Yep like you could have an ass-burger with cheese, you could even super size your ass. Like when you go through the drive through and talk to that sneaky lookin' clown I would say somethin' like I want a supersized ass-burger, but hold the pickle. I don't want any pickle in my ass."
And like you could surprise the wife by gettin' extra cheese and stuff. Like when you get home you can tell her "Honey I'm home! I stopped at Jacks and got us dinner and stuff. It's been a really long hot day so I have extra cheese in my ass."
Yep that's exactly what they should do!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The commercial was funny, see it everyday.

top topics

join