It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trip to area 51

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Dude,
You have more pics of yourself than I do !

I keep trying to convince my wife to buy a tent and move to
Nv. She ain't going for it. Yet.

Anyway, welcome to ATS and may our paths cross one day.
At a keg party.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
LOL. I ihave seen a whole hell of a lot more pics than I have. But yea, its great. WE want to move to Miami or L.A some day but for now we are taking advantage of the Area 51 camping grounds. It's awesome there. We are gonna camp out this Thurs-Sat. Thanks for the welcome, I justcame by this site and can see I have much to explore!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I sent some u2u's did anyone want to plan a trip within the next 2-3 weeks? If so reply to my u2u's or send me one.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
we just went out ther elast week. very hot. not reccomended. but if you can get a few people to head up there, we would lvoe to camp out again. just let me know

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sadly, if you go to "Area 51", you wont see much. Why is it so protected? Well, where do you think we test our aviation?? The B-2 bomber was tested there. The SR-71 was tested there. It's just an air station that's used for testing new machinery, no aliens or anything.

Want citing on how I know this? Get a connection to SIPR and then you can ask me for the site.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Sadly, if you go to "Area 51", you wont see much. Why is it so protected? Well, where do you think we test our aviation?? The B-2 bomber was tested there. The SR-71 was tested there. It's just an air station that's used for testing new machinery, no aliens or anything.

Want citing on how I know this? Get a connection to SIPR and then you can ask me for the site.

If we all fell for common sense, the world would be a very gullible place. However I also think that there is nothing of interest at Area 51, unless you are an aircraft enthusiast. But you can't take the word of everything someone tells you, no matter how credible they may seem.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

pshhh....military secret emails for the military....pshhh...whateva

i do what i want...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
yea i would love to but im to young at the moment well not really but i would love to in the future so have so hav you guys been there and is it strange?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Why connect to SIPR ? (the log-ins are SO slow).
Just check out Dreamlandresort.

Great info.

Regards,
Lex

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Lexion]

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow i would love to visit the surrounding area's of Area 51.

I am actually planning a trip there next year sometime.

Nice pictures guys.

Keep them coming.

BeZerK

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Was just out there - the sign in the photo has been removed

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would actually get in my full CIF gear and grab a rifle and just charge the area see what happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Going to be there pretty soon. HOT AS HELL from what i understand. I'm going to be camping out on the mountain for a few days. Any advice guys? Also is there any picture you guys would like me to take or places to LEGALLY explore in the area? Like i said i plan to spend 2-3 days there camping out. I bought a fairly expensive camera and a telescoping lens to take some long distance pics. Any advice on binoculars or a spotting scope? Any thing else to buy or bring? I know this is evil and wrong, but i was going to go to Walmart purchase the most expensive equiptment (whatever i dont already have) and return it when i'm done assuming i can somehow keep it in presitne condition. I will be sure to upload pics here immediatly once i'm back in Vegas

I'll be the boards eyes and ears while i'm there so if there is something you want me to check out let me know NOW.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Take a telescope.

Seriously.

You can almost count runway lights
in the daytime.

Lex

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by hiii_98

Going to be there pretty soon. HOT AS HELL from what i understand. I'm going to be camping out on the mountain for a few days. Any advice guys?

If you have an extra day to explore my suggestion would be to drive from Rachel north up to Warm Springs. There is nothing there but a closed up building that used to be a restaurant. Turn left on Hiway 6 and head for Tonopah.

After a few miles you will pass through Warm Springs Summit (6283 ft.) Note your mileage. Continue on Hiway 6 another 7 miles. On your left you will note a wide graded dirt road. There are no signs.

Turn left and follow that road 27 miles. You will come to a guard gate called “Base Camp”. You will not be able to pass through. If someone asks you what you are doing tell them you heard about “Station 9” or “Sandia base” on the web and you are driving around to see if you can find it.

I would not suggest taking any pictures and if you have any exposed film I would leave it back at Rachel as what you have in your car may be confiscated.

Do not disobey any signs and if incarcerated be very cooperative.

If you have an few extra days I can tell you another place to look but you will have to have the stamina and equipment to stay still, parked alongside a road, for 24 hours. The reason is that there are scanners in place that monitor activity of any kind and nothing happens if anything is detected. It is a well traveled road so they expect traffic anyway but they time the opening and closing of the runway between the traffic. The runway lights come on between 2am and 4am in the morning depending on the traffic.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
If you have an extra day to explore my suggestion would be to drive from Rachel north up to Warm Springs. There is nothing there but a closed up building that used to be a restaurant. Turn left on Hiway 6 and head for Tonopah.

After a few miles you will pass through Warm Springs Summit (6283 ft.) Note your mileage. Continue on Hiway 6 another 7 miles. On your left you will note a wide graded dirt road. There are no signs.

Turn left and follow that road 27 miles. You will come to a guard gate called “Base Camp”. You will not be able to pass through. If someone asks you what you are doing tell them you heard about “Station 9” or “Sandia base” on the web and you are driving around to see if you can find it.

I would not suggest taking any pictures and if you have any exposed film I would leave it back at Rachel as what you have in your car may be confiscated.

Do not disobey any signs and if incarcerated be very cooperative.

If you have an few extra days I can tell you another place to look but you will have to have the stamina and equipment to stay still, parked alongside a road, for 24 hours. The reason is that there are scanners in place that monitor activity of any kind and nothing happens if anything is detected. It is a well traveled road so they expect traffic anyway but they time the opening and closing of the runway between the traffic. The runway lights come on between 2am and 4am in the morning depending on the traffic.

is this the groom lake runway?..or is there another out there that they test from as well?
next year when i go out to vegas...i'll take a couple extra days to stop by there....it sounds awesome....

[edit on 8-7-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
John can you u2u me pretty quick here? I'm leaving in a few days and would like to visit the locations you suggest. I will report everything back here that happens to us with video and pictures.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just got back in moments ago. didnt realize my laptop cable adaptor wasnt working and wireless did not work in the hotel. Here are some pictures.

now what was facinating about this trip is that after i screwed up and decided to light a fire on top of Tikaboo Peak around 3am, almost immediatly afterwards i noticed the runway lights turn on, and about 15 minutes later what must have been a predator drone flew about 20 feet from our heads. (i even think it dropped something)

Also we noticed very unusual lighting on the mountains behind us opposite from the direction of the base, in the direction of Edwards AFB

[edit on 17-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
but of course no pics of the runway lit up...

did manage to get one of yourself in there though.. good job

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
is that unusual for the runway to light up? All night it was off, then it light up (spectacular view) for about 10-15 minutes and turned off in stages.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join