It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the Login.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Since two days ago i've been having trouble with loggin in. It's not that I can't, it's that i have to do so like every 2nd page i click. I login goto myATS, click a thread and guess what? It says i'm not logged in again. So i login again, read the thread click on another thread and guess what? I'm not logged in again.

Anybody else having this problem.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Okay, do you know if the threads you are trying to view are on the same board??

ATS, BTS and AbovePolitics are seperate domains, and require seperate logins for each. (although one of the admins here, SkepticOverlord says that some users only have to log in to one site, to be logged in on all three)

Either that, or maybe your computer is having trouble keeping your cookies? Try clearing out your cookies...

Or, it could be a setting on your computer. (maybe)

Have you made any changes regarding security on your computer, or changed any browser settings?

[edit on 5/31/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I've had the same problem. I thought it was becuase I was new but turns out it was a glitch, you had the same thing happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
ive just been having problems too ,though i was copy and pasting my password into the login section.

seems you have to manualy type it

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDanDoc
seems you have to manualy type it

There should be a setting in your browser that would "auto fill" the username and pasword field.

How to change that varies from browser to browser.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not to be pesty SO but just wondering if you possibly figured out why angel_crush automatically generated password doesn't work.I hadn't heard so just wondering.She tried again this morning, both copy/paste and manual.Doesn't work.I know you are busy, sorry to bother.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It might be happening to me, but I'm not sure. I just have firefox and it keeps me logged in. I don't even have to enter anything in! Maybe you should switch?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's happened to me too, but when I log back in, it works. I don't know what has happened to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have had no problems with ATS (I stay logged in) ... but, I can't stay logged in at all on BTS or Political ...

an example. I will log in, view someone's profile ... it says log out on the top line (proving I am logged in), I click on a thread and it has the log in/register buttons ... I click log in, go back to the profile, click the thread ... has the log in/register buttons again.

It doesn't make sense to me that ATS would work so well, and BTS/PTS would have problems. I have Firefox, I have the servers as trusted and NoScript.

Since then, I just refrain from using BTS/PTS at all, since I became frustrated and given up, but today I was trying to search for possible solutions once again. It is a shame I miss out on so much, but ATS keeps me busy enough!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I happen to use several layers of security. In the various IE, Software (All-in-one), and Firefox and ususally restrict a decent bit.

I too ran into this problem as I typically lurk in ATS. Now starting to lurk here. Depending on your settings (where they are and in what) allow third party cookies associated with these three sites.

I am probably way off, but doing so I think allows BTS and PTS to use the ATS cookie. I noticed the login=ATS and played around. It's late but maybe this will help someone else.

I'm actually able to post this now after making that change.

My two cents...

new topics

top topics

join