It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a theory that science is the study of perception.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is my theory that I wrote in my diary today.

Why are Scientists, if they are part of my brain, trying to explain the Universe, when the Universe is made by the collection or a hub of our brains? Our brains created this world in the past, the future, and the ever ongoing present. Since our brains created the Universe and this is all perception of my brain an dmaybe yours-- why do scientists think that things have definite properties-- when we cannot prove that they exist or that they existed at all? It's hard to prove that things exist at all. If existence is not nothing... then existence would have to come from something else other than nothing.

However the statement 1) existence=nothing is true because if most of existence came from nothing 2)the mass of our existnece=nothing and 3) the base elements of nothing are the same or is merely an altered state and is an illusion of your existence created by my brain... the fact that the Universe came from nothing makes it an illusion that my brain perceives nonetheless. Therefore, existence is nothing... and it's impossible so that nothing could be replaced by something else outside of the Universe would be impossible because nothing is undefined and you cannot replace something with no definite value with a mass and have the end mass equal to the starting mass.

If things can come all of a sudden where would the nothing go? That brings me back to my theory of intelligent design up. Whatever created us (my perception) created science itno making people think that we cannot control what other people think w/ our brains... because this is all in our perception and since nothing undefinable nothing is equivalent to the mass in our Universe... and therefore nothing has to not/=/0 which is rather impossible because nothing is impossible to exist and if we came from nothing this would be nothing more than an perception altering illusion.

That's why I say that Science is the study of mine and other peoples perception and they are getting their theories based on how they perceive the world because they are programmed to do so. Science is false because it is based on fabricated laws of physics that they perceive from their brain to be true and it is false because it is only observable within our brain and they cannot observe it outside of our brain and our brain makes those objects appear real to us even if they are not real. They have the idea of existing but these scientists are too riled up by the idea that things have definite properties when the world is merely an extension of our hub of brains. The Universe is just something our brain creates so that we can feel as though other things are out there and it is an illusion to make our brain make you feel insignificant.

No one else exists in your own world but you and no one else in mine but me. The brain creates the illusion of the laws of physics that's why we are held to the ground. Einstein made theories that are only observable by our brain. The Universe does not exist. You do not exist to me I as I do not exist to you. Science does not exist to me because some other brain was programmed into making it a science. This may not be applicable to you because you're in your own head too.

I do exist, but nothing else does to me... that is the only conceivable way for things to seem to have definite properties... it is because my perception of reality creates the illusion of their existence to me just like hwo you read a text book and you think it's wordy it's your brain telling you that you need to read it to work hard.

The Universe I am in exists only to my brain just like how yours exists only to you... I say that because it is impossible for there to be an infinite amount of quarks that spin up and down when observed... there has to be a system of quarks designated to an individual person and that number of quarks makes their own Universe. It only makes sense.

I think science is the explination of how our brains are interconnected in theory but we're all in different Universes because we all have different perceptions of the external world-- I may see things that you don't see and you may see things that I don't see-- aliens do exist to those people who see them-- but in other universes that people live in they do not exist to them. It makes perfect sense as a theory.

Plus-- nothing equals our existence-- if our existence came from nothing-- surely I am perceiving a grand illusion and I am the only one that knows it and other people would therefore be cpus and would be programmed to tell me that I am wrong.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, if it's all in your head, then it's your own mind that has invented the Scientists and their observations. Indeed this post is just an invention of your mind too. I don't exist.

However, you also suggest that the Universe is creating by the joint product of all our minds. So why have we all chosen to live under these Rules of Physics? Who set the rules in the first place?

Scientist attempt to describe the Rules of the Universe as best they are able. Doesn't matter who created it, or how it was constructed.... God or Us or Randomness.... doesn't matter. Whether it's within our combined minds, in Gods Eye, in some Mega-Nerds super computer game... the location doesn't matter either.

The rules exist no matter what their origins are. If you think you can break them, then go for it.

[edit on 31-5-2007 by emjoi]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You actually have it opposite.

How can we come before nothing?
We cannot nothing must come fourth and then you are created. Well nothing didnt come because it was always there but you know what Im saying. The nothing evolved and built up particle and then electrons and then Protons and Neutrons and then atoms which built up elements. As of October 16, 2006, scientists know of 117 different elements. and so on and so on. Then animals came about and then animals evolved and became man. And now we look and try to find the natural laws that govern nothing. Which bring back another paradox. How can you govern nothing?

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Emperiorjack]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So you saying Im a program? Lol your an idiot. I make my decisions the same as you do.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
But it's NOT Nothing. (That other thread is leaking into this one!)
Even if it's all in someone's mind.... it's still something.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Now your saying something can come before nothing. An apple can exist before the space for which it rests.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
But it's NOT Nothing. (That other thread is leaking into this one!)
Even if it's all in someone's mind.... it's still something.

I honestly saw this thread first.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Emperiorjack]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wait!

But if everything is nothing than this post never happened, neither the thread.....

So we should not even be discussing this matter.

Anyways I believe that everything is inherently one, including nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I have always had an interest in quantum physics and objective/subject reality. Does an objective world exist? From what my senses tell me there is an objective world, but what I perceive is subjective. Hell what if it is a game or simulation? Would (we) the simulated people exist? As far as the simulated people can tell, they do. What if you created me in your mind? As far as I can tell I exist, so do I? Time to get a little naughty (which means null or nothing), the great debate about nothing. What was before the big bang? if it ever happened, was there the presence of nothing or the absence of something? But nothing is no-thing. Nothing does not exist does it? Can you get something from nothing? Nothing from something?

Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion.

We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emperiorjack
So you saying Im a program? Lol your an idiot. I make my decisions the same as you do.

You don't make the decisions the same way I do because you are in a different Universe than I am and if you read any of my post you would see that I said that a specific number of quarks are given to each person so that their universe can be translated according to those quarks. You are probably in a different world than I am and the same is with me. You are not real to me as I am not real to you. If person A only sees person B and C because they are perceived by them through the brain person B and C will only react to how person A thinks and what he thinks and how he perceives the world will effect how person B or C depend on person A. I said that you are part of my brain to me-- but to other people-- you are part of their brain. It's like with you. TO you other people may not perceive you because they are in their own heads. Everyone else is in an entirely different world. And, calling me an idiot was hateful when you do not even know what I am saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

You don't make the decisions the same way I do because you are in a different Universe than I am and if you read any of my post you would see that I said that a specific number of quarks are given to each person so that their universe can be translated according to those quarks. You are probably in a different world than I am and the same is with me. You are not real to me as I am not real to you. If person A only sees person B and C because they are perceived by them through the brain person B and C will only react to how person A thinks and what he thinks and how he perceives the world will effect how person B or C depend on person A. I said that you are part of my brain to me-- but to other people-- you are part of their brain. It's like with you. TO you other people may not perceive you because they are in their own heads. Everyone else is in an entirely different world. And, calling me an idiot was hateful when you do not even know what I am saying.

Actually I take that back sorry for calling you an idiot earlier for having a different perspective. But that's a good thing in fact becuase of it your smarter than most people. But lets get back on subject. And Ill tell you my philosophy on the matter.

Every person is essentially the same. What would happen if you made an exact clone of yourself? A clone that knows everything you know at that exact point of time of the creation. Your brain and the clone's brain would be the same for about 1 second and then that's where your clone starts to think for itself. That clone is you but since brains cannot be connected it starts to go in a different pathway. In 10 years the clone will start to act a little different than you just by based on his life experiences.
Now it gets even more diverse when you start changing DNA structures (having kids) Mixing of two groups of DNA structures. Different DNA and life experiences is why people differ.

Anyways that's my philosophy on the subject at this point in time.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You know what's funny we have like the exact opposite philosophy on the matter at hand.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I assure you we are in the same universe. But If you meant universe by how people think than yes we all think differently.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
Wait!

But if everything is nothing than this post never happened, neither the thread.....

So we should not even be discussing this matter.

Anyways I believe that everything is inherently one, including nothing.

Nothing is nothing without time, but when time is added to nothing interesting things start to happen.

But what I want to know is it even possible to have nothing without time? Maybe the properties of nothing creates time? Something Im still thhinking about.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I know this is cheap but look at this thread you created not too long ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What caused you to change your thinking so dramatically on the subject at hand? You dramatically reversed your logic in just a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I know this is cheap but look at this thread you created not too long ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What caused you to change your thinking so dramatically on the subject at hand? You dramatically reversed your logic in just a couple of days.

The idea that caused me to change my logic in a few days happens to be that I was reflecting on the idea that we all live in different thought Universes-- other people have different thoughts because they live in a different thought Universe. People interact with the system and the connection to the server to me differently than they do to you. The brain is a CPU basically-- so that's why I think this way... and I noticed that lots of people in this world are completely irrational because they live in different thought Universes so different things happen to them than to you than to me. I may be the only real person to me but to you-- you may be seeing me because my brain makes you see me. The reason why I changed my logic was because I tried going by that theory to try to predict what people would do and they acted irrational to me. That's why I came up with the theory of thought Universes.

I also believe that reality is irrelevent and that those of you who are aware of the fact that reality is a system and is a grand illusion because everything is nothing and nothing is everything at the same time-- therefore you are real-- those of you who do not know that are programmed to think that. That's why I changed my philosophy.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I read everyones comment and I wish I had something really intelligent to add. But all I could come up with is this statement.

"I am a figment of my own imagination."

I wish I could remember were it came from. I last spoke those word out loud 13 years ago to a friend when we were having a discussion about what is reality.

Oh well sorry for wasting anyones time.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Maverickhunter -

i have enjoyed your posts of late. although quite lengthy, i think i am following your train of thoughts. i have a couple of comments...

1) how can you deny "objective science", and then follow up by using a scientific term, "quarks"? are we to interpret that you have your own usage of this term, or do you use it in the same sense as any other physical scientist would?

2) this thread reminds me of a concept written about by L. Ron Hubbard in his book, "What is Scientology". the idea is that there are exactly three universes: MY universe, THEIR universe, and THEE universe. each of these universes exist in parallel to one another, each of them form a bell (normal statistical distribution) curve, and, to the extent that they correlate with one another, individual reality is formed.

in other words, if MY universe diverges so far from the other two that only the trailing edge of the bell curve correlates with the other two, then my reality is that of a lunatic. if MY universe converges directly with THEIR universe, then i might be called a robot, program, or automaton. if MY universe converges direcly with THEE universe, then i am pure scientist, or pure mystic....and lastly, if all three universes correspond directly with each other, then we have arrived at some sort of theoretical utopian state.

in this way, it is possible for you to exsist solely within your own universe....but go too far off the edge and you lose respectability, you lose credibility, and you lose your sanity. you might think that solipsism is exciting and glamourous, but i think you are pointing yourself in the wrong direction....

dkp

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I have enjoyed reading them and I want to reply to them right away.
Originally posted by Emperor Jack

Nothing is nothing without time, but when time is added to nothing interesting things start to happen.

But what I want to know is it even possible to have nothing without time? Maybe the properties of nothing creates time? Something Im still thhinking about.

I think my brain and your brain creates the perception that nothing is possible without time or perhaps my brain was plugged into some sort of power source to create an illusionary system that has people from the past and people from the future and the present. The reason that I state that this is a system and that this might be illusionary is because when we are looking into space we look into the past and the time has taken light years to get to us and we're only starting to see the stars because they have died off from supernovas and its coming to us in the last few years.

The properties of nothing creates our existence. As I know nothing created our existence and created my existence and created the illusion that other people exists.

However, more and more though, I am thinking that other peoples actions are controlled by some sort of diplomatic computer program that creates a relationship between two other people and so their design is to go against you when you say some thing that breaks the relationship that the diplomatic program creates... the computer program goes against you and decides not to talk to you anymore. The shy people and the people who are quiet are programmed to not talk to you and lie to you by saying they are quiet because they say they do not want to be rejected but the problem is that they are intelligent but that the system makes them think that other people will not talk to them or that they can be afraid by rejection-- so therefore you will not be able to form a diplomatic relationship with them (I know this because i used to be quiet). The diplomatic relationship program... makes people real to you even if they hate your guts so the feeling makes them real to you and makes you think they are real.

So, therefore, the diplomatic relationship program makes them real to you. If you do not know someone they are not real to you, as you cannot form a diplomatic relationship with them based on the computer that designed this entire construct of this reality program which was started by a series of numbers that formed jpeg images and was able to edit these images... crop images to make it look like something else... and eventually the reality program figured how to crop some thing that looked like an intelligent life form and fooled it into believing it was intelligent.

The fact that humans here think they are intelligent makes me think that they are part of my Universe to me and that they do not exist because no one, in their right mind, would think they are intelligent, because at one point in their life you could definitely accuse them of being unintelligent. So-- they say they are intelligent because they are a program. Therefore, if you are against AI the AI will be against you and the AI will only be real to you if you let it be real to you.

The reason that other people can sense what you're thinking is not because they have feelings and they have emotion it is because they are the other AI in your brain trying to get you to realize something... their emotion that they are displaying is a result of you displaying emotion, therefore if you did not display emotion their emotion that they displayed would make them pseudo emotional to you because those "people" are only AI making interaction with each other. The AI will recognize if you're listening in on it and will tell you that listening into it is rude so that you'll feel rejected and the AI will try to make you change.

Posted by Emperor Jack

Every person is essentially the same. What would happen if you made an exact clone of yourself? A clone that knows everything you know at that exact point of time of the creation. Your brain and the clone's brain would be the same for about 1 second and then that's where your clone starts to think for itself. That clone is you but since brains cannot be connected it starts to go in a different pathway. In 10 years the clone will start to act a little different than you just by based on his life experiences.
Now it gets even more diverse when you start changing DNA structures (having kids) Mixing of two groups of DNA structures. Different DNA and life experiences is why people differ.

Anyways that's my philosophy on the subject at this point in time.

Just because our DNA is different does not mean that we're not the same. If our DNA is built up differently it just means that we're coded differently. The simple fact that these people that think they are gods, scientists, can name our DNA into letters, means that there is some random thing that creates our genetics so that we're more like our mothers or our fathers and even if we are more like one of them-- we'll be like the people who we are around-- and if we are like the people who we are around-- we will all be the same-- so therefore... we are all inherently identical. The AI of humans may think that they're different and that they are unique because it does not want to give away its secrets... plus-- humans AI have different personalities and only talks to you at select time because you know what the AI does not want to tell you, that's why someone will not answer you when you say something to the AI, or the AI will tell you why they did not respond to you, and they will tell you that you do not know where to begin-- to insult you-- or the AI will be different than you to make fun of you.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So and I do not feel that solipsism is glamorous... I try to make my perception stronger so that people will like me but I fail to do that some of the time and solipsism makes me feel worse because I can prove to myself that other people do not exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join