It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: New Loch Ness Monster Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

CNN: New Loch Ness Monster Video

www.cnn.com

An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
search.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rarely do we see mention of sightings on MSM but apparently the BBC thought the quality of the video was so good they even carried this on their evening News on Tuesday.

I went to the BBC website and clicked on the video however I clicked on Windows Media which according to the pop up window would not work for me. Can someone see if they can get a link using Real Media and post it so members of ATS can view it and discuss it. Link is first link below.

Caption reads

Monster-hunter Gordon Holmes has been talking about his pictures from Loch Ness.

31 May 2007

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Link

Here you go direct link to WMV feed

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/31/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I tried both links and was unable to get the actual video of this. Any youtube or google video links?

EDIT: The windows media link works, the video quality of the link is quite poor, and you can't make out anything thats worthwhile seeing IMO.

[edit on 5/31/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is BS, the Loch Ness monster must be over a 1000 years old lol, he is as real as the tooth Fairy.. People have done multiple readings with Sonar equipment and there is nothing..
if there is anything on film it will be a hoax.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Meh, it could've been anything. The guy himself offered the explanation of an Otter or even a Dolphin as it was just a couple dark streak travelling against the current. One streak was small then the other and they were joking it was the son of Nessie trailing along. Nothing conclusive I'm afraid.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
here's a direct link. perhaps it will work for you.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just edited the post above and it noew includes a link to the WMV video of the BBC show.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The direct link just sends me to a blank screen.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
lol, it is worse than the old pics...
total BS.. ?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
The direct link just sends me to a blank screen.

Make sure you have java enabled at first it would not work for me, But I followed the directions and presto I could get the direct link.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, yeah it could be anything.
The reporters and what's-his-name say that the object in question moves with great speed, but there's nothing in the video to accurately compare it to.
And since whatever it is never really surfaces above the water, we have no real way of knowing.
It could be some creature just as easily as it could be a log partially sticking out of the water and creating a wake as the current moves around it.
I want to believe in the concept of the Loch Ness monster as much as the next person, but this does nothing to sway my opinion and hardly does any good to dispute the nay sayers.
Good find though.
At least it shows diligence on the part of Shots.
Good looking out Shots.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There was some good footage some where up here on ATS.
I don't know if it was a hoax or not, but it showed something fairly large just beneath the water that went under a tourist boat.
Does anyone know where that footage went and whether or not it was a hoax?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sorry Shots, I think some dude beat you to the punch and broke the story earlier today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man, I hate it when that happens.
(because it's happened to me a few times)

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Sorry Shots, I think some dude beat you to the punch and broke the story earlier today.

That was not sub mitted as news while this was hence it is allowed to be in two areas of ATS

CNN just ran the video and it looks much better on a full sized screen. Both reporters commented they believe in Loch ness more now then Sasqwuatch (sp)

[edit on 5/31/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh, okay.
Well, good for you then.
I was just trying to be helpful.

So, is there any convincing (by convincing, I mean clear and concise) footage of Nessy around?
Or is all of it speculative?

Like I said, I'd really like to believe, but until I see something concrete, I'll just fantasize.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I was really hoping to see a head pop out.

I was a bit disappointed, but none the less its nice to see that Loch Ness still has something left in it.

Good find.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
It is BS, the Loch Ness monster must be over a 1000 years old lol, he is as real as the tooth Fairy.. People have done multiple readings with Sonar equipment and there is nothing..
if there is anything on film it will be a hoax.

Who is to say it is the same creature? It is more than likely, if it does exist, that there are more than one so it stands to reason that it would have generations of offspring.

JbT

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Again, as we see with so many (if not all Crypto Videos) of these videos its from huge distances, its Blurry and out of Focus, Its nothing to special to begin with.

It could be literaly anything.

Nothing more to see here.

Come back next year when the next log floats out into Loc Ness and the locals make a video of it.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Nessie(s) is just a big eel. Eels keep on growing throughout their life. Most eels have a relatively short life span and only grow to be a few inches long. A small number of eels can live for a long time, and thus can grow to a length of several feet. If this video is not a hoax, it supports the over grown eel hypothesis because the object in the video appears to be like a large eel.

JbT

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I read somewhere that Nessie(s) is just a big eel. Eels keep on growing throughout their life. Most eels have a relatively short life span and only grow to be a few inches long. A small number of eels can live for a long time, and thus can grow to a length of several feet. If this video is not a hoax, it supports the over grown eel hypothesis because the object in the video appears to be like a large eel.

This would have to be a freak cartoon like Eel. People have to be seeing the same Eel for decades.

I think its along the lines that its either hoax or simple people, with simple minds.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join