It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Werewolf sightings!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you have read this, I checked the threads and didn't see it posted anywhere. The area of the sightings are on a national park on the north edge of the West Midlands call Cannock Chase. Cannock Chase has a history of strange sightings from UFOs to alien big cats.
Werewolf sighting
Im not saying I believe it but it's still quite intriguing don't you think??
Here's a link to a Crypto site reporting the story.
Crypto site.
And if your visting England this summer remember to stay of the moors when the moon is full.....HOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
lol not so much werewolves as *anything* supernatural.
the dog disappearances worries me, either way. if it's not supernatural, someone's out there doing this. and that person is obviously very disturbed.
it's nice to see that the club is actively investigating this though. i love to hear crazy-sounding stories being given the once-over. most new things can sound crazy at first. that's not to say i fully believe something paranormal is going on here, but as usual i'm happy to remain on the fence and monitor events until some decent evidence begins to emerge.
subterranean creatures? permanently behind the curtain of conspiracy, paranormal phenomena and alien sightings. are any of them real? perhaps. let's get our spectacles on and join in with the research. if it's all a load of bunk i'd like it debunked once and for all so i can move on to more important issues.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hmm... Interesting. I'd like to visit the area and have 'sniff' around... Any photographs? Other sources?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting articles.I will have to remember my wolfbane and silver bullits were i to visit!
But i dont here of any photographic evidence.Nor any bones or carcasses of these"disappearing pets".Also why hasnt the local police tried to use hunting dogs to track the animal,caveman?,whatever?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
.Also why hasnt the local police tried to use hunting dogs to track the animal,caveman?,whatever?

The police in Britain don't have 'hunting dogs'.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry but the local bobbys (police) wouldn't dream of investigating something like this, its a bit to out there for them!! There are dozens of strange sightings going on for decades on Cannock Chase.
Another link to the story.
Heres a link to a UFO sighting too
www.bbc.co.uk...
Heres a link on ATS about a supposed UFO crash which Nick Redfurn included in one of his books
ATS Link.
Maybe the Werewolves are eating the aliens!!

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmm, very interesting in case no ones noticed I'm a big fan of werewolves and wolves. However much I would like to believe this to be true, without photographic evidence or any type of evidence for that matter it is hard to prove. The disappearing pets is rather disturbing and all wolf lovers know that wild wolves hate dogs and will kill them given the opportunity.Wolves also don't normally hide a kill as Xfile mentioned earlier no bones or carcasses have been found. Perhaps someone should try exploring the caves maybe whatever is stealing pets is hiding the bodies down there.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What a bummer. I was in cannock last Saturday with work. If id known this thread i could have got some pics and stuff like that before i drove home. Might have to go back down there next week

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's another link with an update!!!
new link.
I would have agree with Feral about the lack of photgraphic evidence but these are reliable witnesses who are seeing strange things. And don't forget that Great Britain has a long history of Werewolf sightings as mentioned in the links. I'm not saying that there's Werewolves roaming the land but it's an interesting story none the less.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just filling you all in on an update from Nick Redfurn's site about strange creatures and Britains freedom of infomation act.
Nicks site
Some interesting reading there!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

MY STORY.

One night me and some friends were supposed to be going to a 24hour charity event, however being kids we decided not to go, and thought we would sit up all night in the car over Cannock Chase.

So three of us were sitting in the car, on a little pull-in off the side of a lane. The car was facing the road, and there were trees and bushes either side of us, and a field behind.

One of the lads said to myself and my friend, they could see something moving to the right of us, in the bushes. I told my friend to shut up, and stop getting all paranoid. However my friend in the back of the car, put his face up to the window and said himself there was definitely something out there, and it didnt look like an animal, (like a dear or something.)
Only then did I decide to look, as I hate dark forests. I flicked my car lights on, and there to the left of me, about 5car lengths away. Was a human like figure.
However this couldn't have been human.
The figure, looked human in shape, but it was huge. around 7ft tall, and put it this way, its build wasnt the smallest i've ever seen.

As soon as i flicked the lights on and off, its like it knew we had seen it. And it darted towards us.
Well that was it, I wasn't sticking around.
The speed of this thing was unbelievable. At first sight it was crouched down, when I flicked on the lights it stood up, hesitated and started running towards the car. As it was moving, the bushes and trees were all being rustled. And it was like, jumping around. No word of a lie, it was like that thing out of Jeepers Creepers.

As I was driving off my friend in the back, was nearly crying, and my other friend had his eyes closed.

Whilst driving away I was trying so hard, to not look in my mirrors. But I could still see out of the corner of my eye, the bushes moving, and the thing was keeping up with the car.

So I carried on driving until I got into a residential area. Losing the thing before I got there. It didnt keep up with car for too long. I was gone!

After that, nobody spoke a word about it. It was the scariest thing that has ever happend in my life. When I saw it, I felt instantly sick, the feeling was horrible, I have never felt like that before in my life.

Fear just flooded me.

I thought I would write this as only last night did my friend bring it up, and its been about 1year since it happend. I had literally wiped it from my memory.

I have read stories about a beast over cannock chase, but most say it has red eyes, well I didnt see red eyes, but im not saying others are wrong. However it was the shape of a human, 7ft tall, big built, and very quick. Others tell stories of the beast being crouched and then standing upright and running away when noticing the presence of someone else. Well this thing ran towards us!

I don't know what that thing was, but it wasnt human, and it wasnt no normal animal.
(in all honesty I dont want to know what that thing was).

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feral Rage
The disappearing pets is rather disturbing and all wolf lovers know that wild wolves hate dogs and will kill them given the opportunity.

I did not know that. I know they will eat dogs and cats (as will coyotes) but I thought wild wolves sometimes bred with huskies given the chance.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I believe in alot of stuff such as Vampires, debated creatures of the deep, big foot etc.....but I find believing in werewolfs hard to come by. Why? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow I love these kinda things, so I think I will share my story too.

It was my friends 16th, and we were all in Cator Park (a park in South East London, near Surrey). Anyways I go over to some bushes that lead off to houses to take a piss (I had been drinking a lot lol). Anyways Im standing there and I hear a russle, and then a garden light turned on in one of the houses infront of me. Naturally I look up in the direction of the light and I see something moving towards me, it was HUGE, a considerable amount taller than me (And Im about 6 foot 3/4). It was considerably hairy, I could see its outline in the light. It also had a very hard heavy breathing, and it had a nasty smell. Im of course bricking it so I run back over to my friends and franticly ask them if we can leave, Im on the verge of tears because Im so scared, one of my mates sits me down and kept asking me "Matthew are you alright whats wrong??" because I rarely get so scared I cry. Then my other friend was looking over at the bushes and she suddenly said really loudly "Oh my god whats that running across the park??" and this thing ran across the park into the bushes where I had seen something.

I dont know what the hell it was, but it scared the # out of me and I dont think I have ever gone back to that park on a full moon.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I have lived in a small village on cannock chase for my whole life (29 years), as achild i spent most of the weekends/evenings roaming the wood/heathlands with my friends playing army etc - I have also taken part in countless overnight orienteering games and have never seen anything out of the ordinary. I did however get extremely freaked out one night up there, by some vocal audibles that were nothing like anything i heard before or since but i did not hang about to find out what was making them. Personally though, these posts are the first rumours of anything "supernatural" on Cannock Chase i have ever heard!!! Also the place is absolutley rammed full of deer, therefore wouldn't such beasts be prayed upon by any prospective lycans????

Cheers

Rob

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hey there Kurokage,

I was born in that neck of the woods (pardon the pun) and lived in Tamworth until 15yrs ago (when I moved north).

I think there are a lot of hairy subterranean creatures in that part of the world, that come to the surface regularly ... in fact I was married to one I believe !

Sorry I couldn't resist but on a serious note Cannock Chase has had more than it's share of weird happenings ... not heard of this one but very interesting.

Woody

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
lol i live right by cannok chase and camped there quite a few times lol.... wow its a big and cool place... full of trees 4 sum reason lol (crappy joke)
lol i live in tamworth and so people are used to sightings lol (not really but theres a castle wid a few ghosts in it... an i hate tamworth college and im moving to nuneaton college lol woooop

[edit on 14/6/09 by shadowwolf0]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am happy to admit that I love a good werewolf yarn. From the first time I saw Oliver Reed in "The Curse of The Werewolf" when I was 12 years old, back in the days of B&W TV, no video recorders and only 3 TV stations - Saturday nights, courtesy of the BBC2 horror season during late autumn - to Daniel Farson's Hamlyn Book of Horror with its fantastic artwork of a werewolf. I've loved them all through "American Werewolf in London", the Ginger Snaps trilogy right up to "Dog Soldiers" (What more could you want? Squaddies in a remote Scottish forest using automatic weapons against 7ft beasties) - ahhh Halcyon days indeed.

However, I always stall when it comes to "the real thing". The anonymous poster with the relatively detailed story - great - but I just can't "get with it". A beast of some kind, sure, I can believe that - but a "werewolf". Is this just a case of a "werewolf by any other name"?

Are we talking "beastie" or are we really talking "werewolf"?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are people out there who call themselves The Children Of The Moon. They are werewolf wannabees who believe that they have the ability to change into a wolf. I think they're kind of like those people who attend those night clubs where goths dress up as vampires and in some cases drink each others blood. Perhaps some of these werewolf wannabees have taken their beliefs to the next level and have started to dress up in fur's etc. Could that account for the sightings?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Without any real evidence, sadly this "werewolf" siting could be almost anything. Personally, I would like to find out that werewolves existed amongst us, but I doubt that will ever happen. My guess is that it is some sort of dog that is killing the animals, though still as someone pointed out.. where are the carcasses? But, who knows, perhaps some better evidence shall come to light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join