It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush envisions U.S. presence in Iraq like S.Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Bush envisions U.S. presence in Iraq like S.Korea

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush would like to see a lengthy U.S. troop presence in Iraq like the one in South Korea to provide stability but not in a frontline combat role, the White House said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truthout.org

Mod Edit: To proper news submission format.

[edit on 31-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is there any doubt this man has lost all touch with reality and is delusional? IF and that is one big IF the Iraqi government, much less its people actually wanted us there, that might be one thing, but they don't, that much is obvious. It is disingenuous of this administration to claim that we have been invited to stay when it is a puppet government doing the inviting. We took the Soviet Union to task many times for such doublespeak. Of course we all knew this was coming, why else build all those bases or the world's largest embassy if we were only in it for the short term?
If this administration thinks that either population, the Iraqis or our own, is going to let this little comment pass, bush minor has another thing coming. We are going to see a major blow up in Iraq as a result, and outrage here at home...this is not what the voters said they wanted in November.

[www.reuters.com...]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-5-2007 by grover]

apc

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know there's been a thread or two about it, but how could anyone ever think we would ever completely leave Iraq? You don't build a house if you don't intend to live in it...

TimesOnline: In the chaos of Iraq, one project is on target: a giant US embassy

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It only goes to highlight the disconnect between the neo-cons running this administration and the reality. Sure they might envision it but that is not going to be the reality no matter how they spin it... either bush minor leaves or the next president will, after all the Iraqis seem to show absolutely no desire to be a colony and in the long run, short of moving or wiping out the population of Iraq and moving our own in their place, they will have the final say.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
PEOPLE... What is the matter with you... despite repeated polls.... despite the message from the 2006 election bush minor is still on damn the torpedos full speed ahead mode and is unlikely to change.

50 (FIFTY) years stay in Iraq... and no comments.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
50 years minimum!

Really don't see a problem with that.

We have been in Germany for over 50 years and are just recently drawing down over there.

If it was up to me, I'd make Iraq the 51st state!

OFF TOPIC....

Grover, in a couple of hours I'm heading out to your neck of the woods!

Taking a week off to visit my dad in Virginia. He lives around Richmond.

I won't be on ATS for a week! I know you will enjoy that!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Have a safe and fun trip... I will look forward to arguing with you when you get back.

new topics

top topics

join