It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally A Decrease In Junk Email As One Of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Finally A Decrease In Junk Email As One Of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested

www.msnbc.msn.com

A 27-year-old man described as one of the world’s most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.

Robert Alan Soloway is accused of using networks of compromised “zombie” computers to send out millions upon millions of spam e-mails.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: removed portion of copy/paste source text, please review the following link..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I hope it really does decrease the amount of junk email, known as 'spam'. My inbox is clogged every day with this garbage. Soloway was responsible for hijacking untold numbers of home computers, often without the owners knowledge, to turn them into 'zombies' which would then send out nonstop spam.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
They should put him to death, he was pollution, he knew what he was doing, they should put him to death and it will also serve as an example to others, most of whome would probably stop doing this bs.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow, RS! Death for spamming? Seems a little severe. If you ever become a cop, remind me to move to another town. "She spit on the sidewalk! Cut out her tongue!" "She's driving 2 miles over the speed limit! Shoot out her tires!" I don't know what the laws are like in Russia but we don't kill people for spamming in America. (At least not this week. Laws are changing all the time.)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah death for spamming i think is a little harsh, but damn i bet everyone else would stop! haha

I have yet to notice a difference, but im sure i will. Thank god they got this moron... Lets hope we get more of them, and more of those Nigerian idiots too.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Wow, RS! Death for spamming? Seems a little severe. If you ever become a cop, remind me to move to another town. "She spit on the sidewalk! Cut out her tongue!" "She's driving 2 miles over the speed limit! Shoot out her tires!" I don't know what the laws are like in Russia but we don't kill people for spamming in America. (At least not this week. Laws are changing all the time.)

I'll never be a cop, but I'm gonna be a Russian spetsnaz soldier. Oh wait,that's even worse

I think the damage he caused is worth taking his life, if he were to go to a bank and steal 2 million dollars, he might get the death penalty? I'm sure spamming was pretty close to that. But I only wish death to those who deserve it. Cutting off people's tongues for spitting is not cool. I do like the idea of shooting tires for going 120 mph on a 60mph zone though ....................................................lol, anyway, jokes aside, what I was trying to say is his death would've also made most people stop, and they are gonna put him in the pen for a long time, and in fact, death is much better, so he should beg for death. I know I'd take death anytime over any sentence.

top topics

join