It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Planet Venus Please Stand Up!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Stormrider
So, please tell me, how can water exist without oxygen?

Water can exist without being in the presence of free oxygen. It may be true that water cannot form without free oxygen, it certainly can exist.

Do you have scientific data to back up that claim, or are you just making it up as you go along? How many instances do you know of in the annals of science where water was discovered in a place where free oxygen did not exist.?

If a frozen comet made of mostly ice crashes on a warm planet, what happens to it? melts and becomes water. I can take a bucket of water to a dry airless world... it still remains water

Well, let's see... the last "frozen comet" that hit the earth caused the death of the dinosaurs and brought on an ice age that lasted for a long, long, time. Of course, when I say ice, I mean the ice that was created from the water already on our planet; any ice that the head of the comet carried with it was certainly vaporized during entry into our atmosphere and in the cataclysmic explosion from it's impact.

So your argument is not valid

Explain it to me again, Zorgon!

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Zorgon, the color pic is really interesting. At the risk of sounding clueless (I am), can you or someone explain whether those colors are actual or are they representative, and if representative, what they represent (elevation, temp, geology)?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As far as remote viewing is concerned, I would not discounted it one bit. If the governments in the past have done some serious research, then there must be something to it. I, myself have taken an interest in RV since I have heard and experienced it to a certain level, and specially after scientists now are convinced that we can predict the future.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

(various images of Venus)

And here is an Astronomy pic of the day shot...

Will the real Venus please stand out indeed...

Now they can't ALL be right...

They can. If you read all the info on the images, you see they are taken with different imaging processes -- Radar, infared, etc. Remember that the human body looks very different if you use a regular photo, an x-ray, infared, etc.

jra

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You know a few years ago NASA told us Mars was dry and dust and frozen
Now NASA tells us that there are +80F days in the summer and they are finding more and more evidence of water daily... and they can't explain why they find signs of recent water where it should be too cold...
And just lately the Rovers got mud on their tracks...

Seems they change their mind a lot... So how long before they tell us about Venus?

We're always learning new things. Or course some of what we thought we knew will change. This happens with everything, not just space exploration/science. Do you seriously expect scientists to be 100% knowledgeable about everything right away? We don't even know everything about about our own planet, let alone other ones.

Will the real Venus please stand out indeed...

Now they can't ALL be right...

I will go with the NASA one I posted first

Of course they can all be of Venus. You do know that the one you posted first, from Magellan is a topographical map right? The colours represent the hight of the surface features. They do not represent the actual surface colours. The second image (from the British source), is also from Magellan's radar mapping. The third one was taken by the Pioneer Venus Orbiter in ultraviolet.

So two of them are radar mapped (with one in topographical colours), the other in ultraviolet. Obviously they are going to look drastically different.

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Zorgon, the color pic is really interesting. At the risk of sounding clueless (I am), can you or someone explain whether those colors are actual or are they representative, and if representative, what they represent (elevation, temp, geology)?

I'm not Zorgon but I know the answer. The colors represent an elevation map. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the real colors. In the right format they can be used for displacement to create 3D models of the surface.

The British one is probably a best guess with exaggerated contrast and saturation to make the features stand out better.

The earlier pics of the white mountain are radar images and have nothing to do with color. They do not mean the mountain is actually white. They mean the surface is more reflective.

There should be .dem (digital elevation models) files available somewhere. I'll have to look for some.

I'm interested in these topics and the probability of UFO's. I'm not ready to bite on the more bizarre stuff being presented about the moon and now Venus on Johns threads. They are always entertaining however.

John,
You lost me completely when this developed into a pseudo religion of some sort. It seems as though your threads are actually searching for converts. A screening process for a certain type of person. Sleeper is most certainly looking to capitalize on the following he is developing. These fantastic civilizations are always superior in intellect, have a better society and we are presented as being nothing more than primitive apes to them. The exact basis of nearly all cults and primitive religions. It is always the same.

*Supposed knowledge that only the privileged members have.
*Leaders who hold the secrets and only they can communicate with the superior beings.
*Making people feel as though the reason they can not see or meet these beings is that they are not worthy or capable.

This may not fit you exactly, but it fits Sleeper like a glove. You mention him often, so; are you a convert? Do you question what he says or just accept it?

No need for the barbs and innuendo's in answer. I'm too old and have stood toe to toe with too many old horse traders who share your style. Please be careful when dealing with young minds. Most are not ready for this board let alone one of your threads.

Next time I'm in Vegas we will have to go break a few rocks together and you can change my mind face to face

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
You have been scammed beyond all possible belief.

I guessed that. The quote you replied to of mine was sarcasm – I should have emphasized the 3D imaging more or that fact that it was a manipulated image. The ad was you posted was pretty cool.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by tyranny22

The quote you replied to of mine was sarcasm

Sorry tyranny22, I missed that.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Hmm let me think... believe what some "remote viewers" think or what NASA, RSA, ESA and other various scientific and astronomical organizations say. I think I'll go with the latter, thank you very much.

I trust the remote viewers over a "government" agency on any day that ends in y.

It's all backwards................

"When the people find out how they have been ripped off and ENSLAVED...!!!"

Time to wake up from your life long dream little sheeple of america.

The true patriots will rise again!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Remote Viewing is very real, and most people can do it with a little instruction and practice, just as any other skill/trade on this planet. It is a skill that has to be refined to be able to know: What, Where, WHEN, or Who they are Remote viewing.

Most RVers do it in groups, and attack each point all at once, trying to zero in on the target.

A good way to think of Remote viewing is doing a google serach of the iniverse, you have to hit just the right terms or you will get some random worthless information, or worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What if we dont have to rely on NASA or other remote viewers in order to find out what Venus is all about?

Participants of this thread, close your eyes, go into silence and then simply project your attention/awareness to your idea of "Planet Venus". Remain with that image or feeling for awhile and see what "flashes up" spontaneously without having been created by imagination. You have just remote viewed venus yourself.

Now, if we had 90% of anyone who remote views Venus coming up with the same or very similar images, we can conclude what venus looks like.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
John Lear, I have a queston for you, how come the three alleged "Venusians' look EXACTLY like Earthlings? I would expect them to have some difference to us, but it looks like these "venusians" have no anatomical differences to us Earthlings.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by knicks4life]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
During Dr. Stranges' interview with Art Bell, he said that Val Thor, and I assume the other two, had no fingerprints.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
During Dr. Stranges' interview with Art Bell, he said that Val Thor, and I assume the other two, had no fingerprints.

Peace

No fingerprints? Well, that is nothing but a minor difference

Anyway, I have a few more questions: What is the gravity like on Venus? I am assuming that the gravity is not the same since Venus is smaller than Earth. And isn't Venus out of the habitable zone? So how the hell could life be there, or oceans, etc.
And, how much more advanced are these "venusians"? I mean, do they have interstellar travel, anti-gravity, faster than light travel?
And why do they have typical formal earth clothes, I would assume what they wear would be a tad different..........

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by knicks4life

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

No fingerprints? Well, that is nothing but a minor difference

Anyway, I have a few more questions: What is the gravity like on Venus? I am assuming that the gravity is not the same since Venus is smaller than Earth. And isn't Venus out of the habitable zone? So how the hell could life be there, or oceans, etc.
And, how much more advanced are these "venusians"? I mean, do they have interstellar travel, anti-gravity, faster than light travel?
And why do they have typical formal earth clothes, I would assume what they wear would be a tad different..........

If our origins are the same then there's no reason why they shouldn't look similar or identical to us.

As for gravity/habitable zone - if there are in fact life forms on Venus, then it's more than likely we've been fed bull regarding Venus' gravity and atmosphere... This whole 'habitable zone' idea may also be bull if there's any truth in the Sun theory John mentioned; which states that the Sun is electromagnetic in nature as opposed to being a huge fusion reactor of sorts.

[edit on 1/6/07 by thebox]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

okay........ well...... you really helped me on habitable zone, but the earth clothes there waring in the picture I would assume there culture and whatnot would be different to ours, also there gravity should be slightly different since venus is smaller than Earth. And on Venus is there cities like ours... i.e, roads, skyscrapers,etc.
And one last thing.......how much more advanced are the "venusians" then us, wwhat type of space travel do they have if they could reach earth?

Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 1-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm sure Earth clothes were given to them by us to wear. Once again, in the Art Bell interview Dr. Stranges said that Val Thor had a space suit that looked bulky and heavy, yet weighed only ounces.

There was a picture of Val Thor that Phil Schneider had during one of his lectures that was more recent, the last thirty years or so I think, and it shows that Val Thor hadn't really aged at all because their life spans are a lot longer than ours. I bet that Venusian chick Jill is still pretty hot!

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

[...]

With the proximity to the sun I go with the official story tbh.
Which is amazing enough with the hints of life or at the least organic compounds in the clouds.
If I want sci-fi I'll watch a series or read a good book.

just my 2 cents on venus.

conspiracies fine, a lot is not what it seems in this world? most likely true.. but this is.. well sorry. even openmindednes needs a check here and there.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by knicks4life
John Lear, I have a queston for you, how come the three alleged "Venusians' look EXACTLY like Earthlings? I would expect them to have some difference to us, but it looks like these "venusians" have no anatomical differences to us Earthlings.

Knicks, There is additional indisputable evidence that Venusians are anatomically identical to Terrans. Two little known independent researchers made contact with the Supreme Leader and her hand maidens in the 1940's:

Bud and Lou with the Queen:

Her court:

So there you have it. We're not alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Why the very idea of water vapor on Venus is ridiculous.

While I'm not qualified to make any such assertion, these folks would seem to agree with that statement.

The Evolution of Water Vapor in the Atmosphere of Venus

Seems it went ... extinct.

... then again, most anything's Possible.

Thanks for the newspaper article, John. If the skies permit, I'll be looking at her tonight with the new scope .

Yes, I'll share any "goings on" ... I see going on .

[edit on 31-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

your avator is incredible. i have nothing really to contribute on this topic, just wanted to compliment your avator.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join