It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Planet Venus Please Stand Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It is apparent from this newspaper article dated December 1, 1959 that Navy balloonist Malcom Ross, meteorologist Charles B. Moore and Dr. John Strong of Johns Hopkins University had not gotten the word from TPTB that Venus was full of exploding volcanoes enveloped in an atmosphere of sulphuric acid pushing down with a pressure equal to 900 meters deep in the ocean.

Why the very idea of water vapor on Venus is ridiculous. They must have meant sulphuric acid water vapor? I mean how would they know anyhow from a balloon on earth about a planet many millions of miles away?

And for Strong not to rule out the possibility of life on this deadly planet? I’ll betcha he’s doing time. Talk about denying ignorance?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bridas
Life on Venus was possible according to some scientists. Does this look like a river system or what?

pds.jpl.nasa.gov...

Venus possibly habitable for billions of years

The hellish climate of Venus may have arisen far more recently than previously supposed, suggests new research. If so, pleasant Earth-like conditions probably persisted for two billion years after the planet's birth - plenty of time for life to have developed.

www.newscientist.com...

This is interesting. I am going to research this a little further. It would be tough for me to believe "remote viewers" that I do not know at their word without researching.

That first picture in the above post kind of resembles a river but I don't think it is. It almost looks like a trail. On the left side of the river it forms a box. Can rivers do this? I know they get diverted, "branch" or form "oxbow lakes" and such but can anybody point me to an aerial where a river on earth makes a "box"? That is weird I think but maybe it is a function of the conditions on Venus.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Nearly 50 years and news articles don't really change do they?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why the very idea of water vapor on Venus is ridiculous.

While I'm not qualified to make any such assertion, these folks would seem to agree with that statement.

The Evolution of Water Vapor in the Atmosphere of Venus

Seems it went ... extinct.

... then again, most anything's Possible.

Thanks for the newspaper article, John. If the skies permit, I'll be looking at her tonight with the new scope .

Yes, I'll share any "goings on" ... I see going on .

[edit on 31-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes Virginia, there is no snow on Venus. That’s a coating of frost of rare silvery-white nonmetallic element tellurium which freezes out at exactly the right temperature corresponding to the altitude on Venus where the edges of this bright material are seen. This is what Gordon Pettengill of MIT suggests. Now I know that NASA says it is hot enough to melt lead on Venus. No, I am not kidding you.

Huh?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Tellurium Frost

I wouldn't suggest a skiing trip to the Venutian Alps, though. Not to mention the "tellurium breath" you would be subjecting others to.

(REAL Audio link)
Humans exposed to as little as 0.01 mg m-3 in air, or less, develop "tellurium breath", which has a garlic-like odour.

[edit: added REAL Audio link]

[edit on 31-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I recommend to everybody in this thread to read:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's very possible to exist on Venus for us... except not where Mr. Lear and his "viewers" are trying to push us into going. It's even a'tad more Sci-Fi than that.

If you're done reading that then you'll understand the issues involved with Mr. Lear's OP. It's truly a fantastic story (and I'd really love it to be true) but it's simply incorrect. It may have been in the past, but, it's not what Venus looks like now. It MAY be possible to re-balance Venus into looking like that... but that would take a very long time.

That doesn't mean I enjoy the fact all of our information on the universe (via pictures and "official" knowledge) comes from major organizations.

If you want more information on terraforming:

www.rfreitas.com...

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Donoso]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You can clearly see the Venusbases in the NASA photo that has been 3D imaged.

Site

Who knows what to believe? I'm very distrusting of NASA, as well as nearly all other government agencies. But, I find it hard to believe in most cases of remote viewing – yet I do believe in the visions of Edgar Cayce. A paradox in my mind I guess. People always give me a hard time because I believe in aliens, yet I do not believe in ghosts.

Anyone know of independent scientist that would have the equiptment to see through the Venusian clouds? Would it be UV technology?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi John, Very interesting topic

Can I ask a couple of questions on the inhabitants of Venus?

you say they are similar to us on earth, how do they cope with living on a hotter planet?

To your knowledge, do they/have they visited earth, or know of us?

Cheers

Mick

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As much as you keep posting about it, and as much as we all raise awareness of venus and the possibilities of a different existence of the planet than what is taught in schools/public... Has anyone here been to space? Not upper atmostphere, SPACE.

Do we know that what we see in pictures/telescope is real? Not some giant false image created by some technology that we have no knowledge of, that may even encompass the orbits of both the moon and the earth?

Just thinking, not accusing.

edit in case of overlook:

I mean to bring this issue up in light of perhaps a "false image" that is shown over the earth to hide perhaps the "real" venus, as you call it. Why we can't what it really looks like.

[edit on 5/31/2007 by Kalapadea]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmicky1980

This photo is of three alleged Venusians taken somewhere here on Earth. Val Thor's on the right. I forget the name of the hot Venusian chick and Val's brother.

Edit to add: Jill on the left and Donn in the middle.

Peace

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Dr Love]

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Dr Love]

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yes Virginia, there is no snow on Venus. That’s a coating of frost of rare silvery-white nonmetallic element tellurium which freezes out at exactly the right temperature corresponding to the altitude on Venus where the edges of this bright material are seen. This is what Gordon Pettengill of MIT suggests. Now I know that NASA says it is hot enough to melt lead on Venus. No, I am not kidding you.
Lead melts at 621F, tellurium freezes at 841F. So yes, it's hot enough to have molten lead and frozen tellurium on Venus.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Assuming that remote viewing actually works, could it be possible that the viewers in question are seeing Venus as it once was? From what I've read, remote viewing can jump across time as well as space. That seems more plausible to me than the idea that one of our nearest neighbours is inhabited, unbeknownst to most of us. There are just too many space agencies capable of studying the planet for such a huge truth to remain under the radar for so long. Many of these agencies, like the CNES in France, have no problem releasing information regarding UFOs and don't seem to be in on the big coverup. So I doubt they would hide their findings when it comes to Venus.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
here's another image of the trio:

They are: Jill, Donn and Valiant Thor (l-r)

[edit on 31-5-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Originally posted by ukmicky1980

Hi John, Very interesting topic

Can I ask a couple of questions on the inhabitants of Venus?

you say they are similar to us on earth, how do they cope with living on a hotter planet?

Its just a few degrees warmer, no big deal.

They have visited and are visiting.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
here's another image of the trio:

They are: Jill, Donn and Valiant Thor (l-r)

[edit on 31-5-2007 by greatlakes]

so what's the story on these people? are they dead ... did they disappear ... or go home?

I smell a movie.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ok, i'll pull a sleeper - (not giving any sources or in-depth explanations)

• no craters to speak of
  • high volcanic activity
  • according to data, low windspeed and uniform temperatures, despite extremely slow rotation
  • electric peculiarities not seen elsewhere ('comet tail' below visible threshold)

let's face it, the planet is very young compared to earth, therefore hot and the CO2 skare mongering quotes out of NASA are just politician's drivel. if the sun was the main source of heat, you'd expect seasonal variations & balancing wind currents.

the idea that all planets share the same age is pure dogma and the 'rivers' you see might as well be scars from megalightning - a mechanism i'd consider for many phenomena if i were you.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Val thor more info can be found here:

www.galactic.to...

Anyone have the Art Bell Radio Interview in audio format? The link has the interview transcript only...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by tyranny22

You can clearly see the Venusbases in the NASA photo that has been 3D imaged.

Right now I know what you want to ask me: John, look the sky is black so that means its night and the ground is orange and yellow so that must means its molten lava. How can this photo be so different from what you say Venus is like?

Well that’s a very good question and the answer is the picture is pretty much faked. The landscape is not what is shown here and the color of the ground is faked in yellow and orange colors. Why? Because that’s was decided in the early 1960’s by the people who thought you had no right to know what Venus really looks like.

Here’s an advertisement for Venus Explorer, lots of nice fake pictures of Venus courtesy of NASA. Look over there in the right hand column with the black parentheses; see what it says? I have enlarged it and posted it underneath the page.

It says that “The display automatically shows the surface features in the yellow and orange tones that have become standard for images of Venus. Users can also choose a gray scale or a multi-hued false color scheme.” This of course presumes that any multi-hued color scheme would be false; unlike the yellow and orange tones ‘that have become standard’.” (I can’t stand it.)

Someone decided that Venus would never, ever be displayed in the real colors that were there. They decided that yellow and orange would become standard to reinforce your thinking that it was mostly molten lava. Not that they would release any real images of Venus anyway.

You have been scammed beyond all possible belief.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by JohnLearMany scientists believe water must be present before living things can come into being. Dr Harold C Urey of the University of California, for example, has said water and not oxygen is the basic substance of life.

Oh, that's a very scientific statement; water is by it's very nature 2 parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. So, please tell me, how can water exist without oxygen? Ergo, oxygen must be present for water to be created. I guess they didn't understand that back in December of 1959. Very credible news story there, John. Just thought I'd through that out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join