It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8 gives green light to Global Biometric database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
G8 ministers give green light to Global Biometric Database

This is pretty disturbing given the current role of "the man" in our everyday lives. With this kind of globally maintained database, it could literally turn the futuretech scenarios of Minority Report into plain-as-day reality for all of us.

G8 Justice and Interior Ministers on Friday endorsed the setting up of a global biometric database proposed by the Interpol.

Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble views this database as a vital policing tool required to tackle the global problem of prison escapes of terrorists and other dangerous criminals not being promptly and adequately reported to police worldwide.

Noble noted that during the past two years alone, Interpol has become aware that more than 500 prisoners have escaped from at least 72 prisons across 43 countries worldwide.

"With no system in place to automatically alert the international police community, these dangerous criminals are given an unacceptable opportunity to escape apprehension and to cause further harm," Noble said. "Moreover, the absence of a global protocol on sharing vital information such as fingerprints and photographs of escaped prisoners, including terrorists, constitutes a serious threat to the safety and security of citizens worldwide."

Does this scare anyone slightly, or am I just uber-paranoid? Thoughts?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think your paraniod bud, they want to logg all info on criminals worldwide. I think it is a pretty smart idea to keep good solid profiles on criminals, terrorists, whatever the case may be.
Have you looked up the definition for Biometrics?

Source (Wikipedia)

Biometrics (ancient Greek: bios ="life", metron ="measure") is the study of methods for uniquely recognizing humans based upon one or more intrinsic physical or behavioral traits.

In information technology, biometric authentication refers to technologies that measure and analyze human physical and behavioural characteristics for authentication purposes. Examples of physical (or physiological or biometric) characteristics include fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, facial patterns and hand measurements, while examples of mostly behavioural characteristics include signature, gait and typing patterns. All behavioral biometric characteristics have a physiological component, and, to a lesser degree, physical biometric characteristics have a behavioral element.

Seems completely rational to me.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It looks like another step towards the NWO. Global consolidation must always be analyzed critically. Interpol should stick to catching jewel thieves.

new topics

join