It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man knew he had TB before flying to Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Man knew he had TB before flying to Europe

www.cnn.com

A man infected with the extensively drug-resistant form of TB known as XDR TB knew he was not supposed to travel overseas but did so anyway, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Dr. Julie Gerberding told CNN's "American Morning" on Wednesday.

The man, who is quarantined at an Atlanta, Georgia, hospital, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that Fulton County health officials had said they "preferred" he not travel, but knew about his plans for an overseas wedding and honeymoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Man Jailed for Having Deadly tuberculosis

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, I really want to hear more about what they told this man. If they told him that they "preferred" he not fly then of course thats not going to stop him..but if they explicit told him no flying then thats a different story. But either way the man should have know that he put lives at risk, and what he did was wrong.Its crazy because I have to get on a plane in a few weeks and I'm not afraid of terrorists ..just the plane crashing..and now I'm going to be paranoid every time a person coughs.Great.

But I'm glad they have him in a hospital and with an armed guard and not in jail like they did some other poor guy (see related thread)

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What a selfish, selfish person. Think of how many people he could have infected! I suppose now his wife will get it also. I'm getting so tired of hearing about all of the selfish people we have in this world. Think of how much more pleasant this world would be if people actually thought of others once in a while.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That's very sad...I feel sorry for the guy, being sick and having to go through all of this, but that doesn't excuse what he did. I can't believe that someone would knowingly put people at risk like that.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
You thought this would be big news..

buts its hardly being spoken about on the news.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've heard it all over the news around here. It was on our local news along with a report that we have 2 confirmed cases of TB here in Wisconsin. Maybe that's why they're talking about it more here? It doesn't sound like the cases in Wisconsin are the antibiotic resistant one though.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Due to new info I had to add to this thread.Apparently the man flew because he did not want to miss his wedding. Well according to CNN, his new father in law works for the CDC in Atlanta. Coincidence? You decide. Here's the link- www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is just me bumping this thread. I believe this new info deserves some attention.I think it's a "Strange" coincidence .

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is strange indeed.

Something is wrong here. His new father-in-law works for the CDC and this is suspicious.
Either the father-in-law is very evil, or crazy or on a mission from the NWO, or this is just a freak of nature co-incidence.
Unfortunatly we dont have all the facts. Where has Andy been? Where did he get this? What is the character of the father? Would he intentionally harm his son-in-law & daughter???

Does Andy REALLY have a Super strain of TB???

I know he wasnt a willing participant- but the father-in-law could have slipped him something with evil intent and now he's away for almost two years in a hospital to keep him away from his daughter.

It could also have been an order from the government.
The dad is a CIA Operative.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey infinite...

You thought this would be big news.. buts its hardly being spoken about on the news.

I live down here at the end of the known universe.. Last stop before antarctica and I've heard about it.

I have also heard turkeys defending this guy's right to travel and his right to medical privacy. Well how about the right of society to be protected against reckless selfishness ?

My ex partner has a paranoid psychosis and is violent to my son. the family court has told me that she has a right to privacy and medical privacy which prevent me from questioning her conduct or from having her undergo a psychiatric examination.

My son has had black eyes, multiple bruises etc since he was a baby and comes to me saying mummy hits me. I have witnessed it on occasions and neither Police nor child welfare will intervene.

Society's pre-occupation with personal privacy is nuts.

new topics

top topics

join