It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab buried under ski slope would tackle cosmic puzzles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Lab buried under ski slope would tackle cosmic puzzles

seattletimes.nwsource.com

SCENIC, King County — Deep in the granite thousands of feet directly below the Seventh Heaven chairlift at Stevens Pass ski area, white-suited scientists may one day walk through a series of dust-free chambers to figure out how matter came to exist in the universe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I am a believer in the underground cities theory. But could this be a public front to start construction of one? What is the advantage of having a real lab underground.

The aim is to unlock the mysteries of an elusive subatomic particle called a neutrino. Scientists say the deeper they go underground, the better they can shield sensitive measuring equipment from the sun's interfering rays.

And you have to be miles underground to do that?

Also, there is this:

Haxton said his rail-based approach allows much heavier equipment to be hauled in more easily and the Northwest location puts the lab in the best position to receive neutrino beams fired from similar labs in Japan, Europe and the U.S.

How do you shoot neutrino beams thousands of miles underground? Is there a line-of-site tunnel connecting everythin?
(I must confess, I know little of science at that high a level.)

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join