It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair Made Honorary Tribal Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Tony Blair Made Honorary Tribal Chief

news.sky.com

Tony Blair will be crowned a "paramount chief" by Sierra Leone's traditional rulers when he visits the western African nation today.
The honour is in recognition of his decision to send British troops to help resolve the country's bloody civil war in May 2000.

"We have nothing, no money to give him, but it is a way of recognising him as a chief of our nation," said Ibrahim Kamara, a village official.

"It's the highest traditional honour."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
People tend to focus on Iraq all the time and fail to see that Tony Blair has done some good things in his premiership. Northern Ireland is the main part of his legacy, but it seems that we are all guilty of forgetting the action he took in Sierra Leone.

Ignoring the calls from those who thought it would be bring back the memories of the British Empire, the Prime Minister sent British troops back into a former colony to protect the people from a painful and costless civil war.

I may not agree with what with happened in Iraq, but I do recognize that history will be kind and remember Blair as a good Prime Minister to the British people and a good statesmen.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thats a good point. I guess it will be a honour to him. Good and bad in everyone?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Id123
Thats a good point. I guess it will be a honour to him. Good and bad in everyone?

it will be a good thing for the people of Sierra Leone,
he did help to stop a civil war.

top topics

join