It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the president and UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have a question. Do you think that the rpesident is in the know about like things going on at area 51 or like CIA coverups about aliens, or do you think he isnt shared that info cause i was just thinking about if he knew.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
the president cant spell ufo OR cia.........but of course hes in the know hes just part of the cover up

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There has been at least two occasions during the pseudo presidency of George Bush in which the White House was evacuated and one of those times Bush was placed inside a bunker under it due to radar picking up unidentified objects.

In the first incident fighter jets were left in the air for "several hours" according to the report.

First incident
edition.cnn.com...

Second incident
www.usatoday.com...

Both of these were discussed on ATS before, but its relevant to this thread.

If these were UFO cases I'm certain Bush was told at least something about them.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
They were a flock of birds! I never new birds could be picked up on radar. That’s it the terrorist should hijack a flock of birds and fly them into the white house or bomb it with white pooh do. Wait white, no black pooh. I don’t know are even care if bush is in the know about aliens, but have you looked at the guy he looks like one of the aliens on MIB who can seem to keep his human composure.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I believe that every president is aware of such things as UFO's and aliens visiting this planet. They just deny knowing to avoid discussion of it.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I believe that every president is aware of such things as UFO's and aliens visiting this planet. They just deny knowing to avoid discussion of it.

I agree, especially when it comes to GW. Since dad was the CIA director, it's a pretty sure bet he briefed junior on things. I'm sure you've all read the "you don't know the half of it" quote of George HW.

Here's a dandy website on the subject: www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well, in my opinion UFOs are in 99% of cases explainable things, so I don't see why
the president would need to be told about them.

However, in the cases that are not explainable, I doubt, unless he actually asks,
that he is made aware of the details.

If a UFO were to overfly the white house, I'm sure they'd tell him what it was,
if they later found out, or if they did'nt, they'd just tell him something like "The exact
details of the intruder aircraft are not known.", anyways though, I don't think he's made
aware of anything at Groom lake either unless he asks.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
through all the ufo books ive read, i dont believe the President is classified in the "need to know" bracket.

This information is so deep and the black projects so far off the radar thats its in the presidents best intrest due to "plausable deniability".

many presidents have asked the question and many have just been told " you dont need to know"..

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
From the scant evidence out there, both validated and unvalidated, my assumption is that the president used to be in the know, back in the late 40's and up to around the time of Kennedy. Since then however, seems they are no longer in the loop.

Carter once promised to disclose, but reneged after election, allegedly being told he wasn't privy to it or was somehow discouraged. There's no facts really to go on here though, so most we can do is speculate.

Reagan likely knew, given some of his public comments (see my sig) and due to his friendship with his VP, Bush Sr. While normally the VP wouldn't likely be in the loop, as former director of the CIA, Bush Sr. likely knew then.

Whether you call it MJ-12, MAJIC, Majestic, or some other name, there does seem to be some evidence that Truman was involved in setting up some kind of group for the phenomenon, and that some subsequent presidents were briefed on the issue. But of course, this is really more educated guess than a point I can prove.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Depends which President i think. LBJ and G Bush senior knew many things.
I think the CIA involved presidents are in the know, whilst the others are not.
I dont believe Clinton was totally "in on it". The speech he made in Ireland was quite revealing. He read out a letter wrote to him by Ryan of Belfast, asking if UFO's existed and if one had crashed at Roswell, he said he didnt know, but wanted to know - if it had.
The more you reveal about the reality of things the more things make sense.
I advise anyone to go back and watch as many presidential speeches as they can from over the years, it is incredible what sticks out that just went unnoticed at the time. I think this is posibly an accurate way of gaining insights into truths in certain subjects.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Fowl Play]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
through all the ufo books ive read, i dont believe the President is classified in the "need to know" bracket. ...

I have no direct knowledge either way, but my gut tells me you're correct.

It seems to me that the presidency, being essentially political and, more importantly, temporary, would preclude any particular officeholder from being in the "need to know."

The people with the "need to know" would be the more-or-less permanently established professionals in the military and intelligence communities. Presumably, they would be above day-to-day politics, and take a longer view of our country's requirements, without regard to ideology (and, these days, religion). Also presumably, there would be people of good conscience, with love of country and of their fellow man directing their actions, and constantly striving to always do the right thing. Big presumption, huh?

It would be interesting to know what would happen if a President unilaterally tried to initiate some program regarding UFOs, or otherwise purposefully inserted himself into UFO operations. I wonder if he'd be deflected, humored, or take a hard block to prevent him from gumming up the works or otherwise getting involved.

Popularly-elected official versus professional "shadow government." Food for thought!

Baack

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i wouldnt call him "popularly" elected

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Check this out:

www.youtube.com...

Dick Cheney - "If I had been briefed on that I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it."

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
i wouldnt call him "popularly" elected

Touche!

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's my oppinion that George Bush may know a little more than most of the past presidents (and future for that matter) because of his Dads connection to all of the coverups. Don't you sometimes wish he would just become a defiant child and go ahead and tell all he knows?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd actually rather hope that Bush Sr. had the good sense to keep Jr. out of the loop.... After all, Emperor Chaney likely knows....so if needed, there you go...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I do think the government knows about but does NOT communicate with aliens. But I think the President knows nothing about aliens or ufos or anything that the government really knows for that matter.

The only thing the President has to do with UFOs is he has a UFO bubble bath toy.

I also dont think Kennedy knew about UFOs and i dont think our own government killed him so he wouldnt tell the public. That seems to be a pretty big theory on the Kennedy Assasination these days.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think the Government knows that "some" UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin, but just that much. And I think they think it's better not to tell the general public that. I don't think they know many details.

The select few who do are not talking and keep those details from the President because he only serves a max of 8 years in office. They wouldn't want him or her to leak the information.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reagan may have been disinformed. Philosophically he knew where he stood but when it came to matters of fact he was vulnerable to being mislead. I mean he believed in astrology.

I think the last president who really knew much at all was Eisenhower because he had risen through the defense establishment to the top of the Army (which included the Air Force in those days).

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
I think the last president who really knew much at all was Eisenhower because he had risen through the defense establishment to the top of the Army (which included the Air Force in those days).

I can agree with you on that. But Cheney is one heck of a powerful Vice President and just look at his background in both the government as well as the military. They guy is secretive as all heck. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he knows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join