It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Forced to Give up Meat, Milk to Fight Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Brits Forced to Give up Meat, Milk to Fight Global Warming

www.infowars.com

Global warming hysteria has reached a new peak after it was revealed that the British government is considering forcing the population to give up meat and milk and adopt a vegan diet in the name of fighting climate change.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No Burgers ,no milkshakes, no sunday roast beef.This is ridiculous.On one hand I can understand that the amount of grains we feed to livestock in a year could feed the world many years over.But we have always eaten meat. I cannot see how this would affect the warming of the planet(unless you count cow emissions).Think of the industries that would be affected by this decision,and the people put out of work.It is not good for young children to go without milk or significant protein.What next? It seems "global warming" is dictating everything.How do the members in the UK feel about this?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"Bump".. This is major people! Now it's being dictated to you what you are allowed to eat! Does anyone care?!:shk:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Interesting thread "Denied".

First off, I would never take for granted an article based on an "apparent" report from a "secret leaked e mail".

That is not to say there could be some truth in this.

A switch from eating meat to a vegan diet would surely not take that many jobs away from people but a transaction from one farming technique to another would be bound to have it's setbacks.

Also, I have found some of the information in corporate media rediculous to say the least, and on "prison planet" very extreme and often have a hard time taking someone like Alex Jones seriously. His unprofessional approach to conveying information by "ranting and shouting" on his programmes shows disrespect to my intelligence.

All this said, I still think this is just another page in the big book of "control methods" and has a different reason for the information it contains.

I, for one, and millions of others I'm sure, would never allow anyone else to force me to eat anything I didn't want to. Take into account the power of corporations on this one....every burger joint, any company that sells any meat product, pharmaceutical companies supplying animal feeds, vaccines etc, etc.

Where would it end? No pet goats, no horses, no game fishing, no wool. The list goes on.

And what goes down in the U.K. is in my opinion a testbed of sorts for expansion to other countries. The French would NEVER stand for it and would just laugh. "Ban on Snails causes peasant revolt"!

To take this issue seriously, I would be inclined to find out "why" this is being reported and not the contents of the report itself.

Take my thread here for example.

Although nobody else has shown interest yet, I try to look at "why" and not "what".

Good thread and I hope more information on this becomes available so there is more clarification. I wouldn't worry too much (yet).

[edit on 30/5/2007 by nerbot]

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seeing this Government is already skating on very very thin ice as it is i doubt this would ever happen the whole thing is popostrous it's all well and good for the people who are earning 60,000 pounds + to sit and think the majority of the population could just suddenly afford the increase in budget that this change of diet would occur.

Some people can only afford to buy the microwave food, burgers and stuff on deal in the supermarkets you know it's not that these people choose to live an unhealthy life i'm sure if they had the money they would be buying the fresh ingredients to make a exotic sounding dish from jamie olivers cook book yet the reality is people can't just afford it even alot 'healthy food or cereals' cost more mark up wise than meat these days's you know why? It's because businesses are riding on the wave of healthy eating and by promoting it they get to mark the prices up on these healthy foods cause everyone get's caught up in the commotion created so will pay whatever to delude themselves that they will instantly make themselves healthy.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm British and you will not stop me from eatting meat.

This is a load of old
there is no way they would try and pull anything this stupid.

Do you have any idea of how many butcher shops there are in the UK. I know I live in Hong Kong now, but I really miss the fantastic sausages from the local butchers.

When ever I go home the first thing on the menu is a good fried brekkie.

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
I'm British and you will not stop me from eatting meat.

This is a load of old
there is no way they would try and pull anything this stupid.

Do you have any idea of how many butcher shops there are in the UK. I know I live in Hong Kong now, but I really miss the fantastic sausages from the local butchers.

When ever I go home the first thing on the menu is a good fried brekkie.

LOL to true and what the heck are they going to do when all the cafe's etc. go out of business when they can't sell the famous 'full english breakfast' anymore plus i doubt macdonalds would be happy after all the donations they pay to the labour party to suddenly lose all the majority of there trade in the UK.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SR]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm curious,and BTW those were very good points people, I obviously got this article from Infowars, but did anyone in the UK read this in their local paper or see it on the evening news?

apc

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ugg... there's enough whack-job vegans running around. The last thing we need is a country mandating mass mental retardation.

There's a reason our ape-like ancestors started growing large brains and expanding their intelligence... they started eating meat!

I can understand taxing the crap out of beef... cows do produce a lot of methane and need large fields to graze in.

But chicken and turkey?! They'll probably kill off all their chickens anyway to combat bird flu. But turkey is an excellent source of tryptophan, which is needed to produce serotinin... the neurotransmitter that makes you happy!

Fish?! Can you say fish oil! Fish has been a staple of human evolution. We evolved eating it. We need it.

Assuming this "leaked email" is legit, I sure hope the UK government intends to provide their citizens with the massive amounts of nutrient supplements needed to make up for the deficiencies caused by the vegan diet. Otherwise they're going to end up with a population of pissed off, irrational, brain dead individuals... just like most vegans!

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

by apc:
Otherwise they're going to end up with a population of pissed off, irrational, brain dead individuals... just like most vegans!

Eeerrrr, that would be the point wouldn't it?

Anyway, will never happen. Sounds like "hot air" to me

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

by apc:
Otherwise they're going to end up with a population of pissed off, irrational, brain dead individuals... just like most vegans!

Eeerrrr, that would be the point wouldn't it?

Anyway, will never happen. Sounds like "hot air" to me

I may be slightly retarded, and I usually feel pissed off and a touch irrational. In fact you could go so far as to say I spend most of the day brain dead... that's all fine with me.

But, I'll never be a damm vegan.

out.

top topics

join