It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Minute Rant In All Of Us!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This thread is for all those little pet peeves. The things that annoy you when people do them, and there's no way to make it stop happening. Things that just get on your nerves.

It can be the guy next door who let's his dog use your yard as a bathroom, or an appliance that doesn't fit a lefty, or the way someone is always in the public restroom before you and doesn't flush it, anything.

Here you can do a quick vent and tell people that understand the frustration. Tell that thing that bothers you, and then keep coming back to help others figure ways to stop the world from behaving like idiots.

I'll get the ball rolling with my two minute pet peeve:

People who talk on the cell phone in heavy traffic, and don't pay attention to what's going on around them. They are off in their own world, and driving in mine! And even though it's against the law where I live, the cops do it as bad as anybody! I hate that.

Now flag this, and that way the world will have to see our PET PEEVES!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What only 2 minutes???
I could go on for hours hehe...

One of my pet peeves. Guys my age driving around big fricken trucks with off road bikes and gas guzzling crap. First off they all look the same dam way, they dress the same way too. They’re usually in packs and think they’re so cool with all that shight having what they call fun tearing up the landscapes. For some reason girls like it but I think its because they have money.

Always running off to wasting gas that people are dieing for in the world, If I told them that one of the reasons for going to Iraq was for oil to support their little habit and then just totally deny it and then just ride off laughing. I’d so go to jail for cleansing the world of a lot of stupid.

Spending money they don’t have building debt, contributing even more carbon in the air.

These guys drive like nut balls and think they can get away with it. Pisses me off when I see stuff this crap and get cut off by these kids. I would like to jump out and throw them onto on coming traffic and say wasn’t that fun wanna do it again.

The other day I was going to see my dad in the desert 160+ miles away from where I live now. It being memorial weekend these turds where every where showing no restrain for the law of the road. I abide by the rules but then again they’ve got a higher risk of getting their eggs scrambled.

Just take it easy people your going to kill some one if not your selves. But cut me off and almost cause an accident and just speed off is when I make it personal.

A lot of this takes place in California I’m sure others places as well.
Also mothers with their kids in the car who wear lead boots make me made just as much.

Try this one on for size. What’s the speed limit on most free ways in California or any other place for that matter? Well its not 65 or even 70 miles an hour. Its Fricken LIGHT SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there are no stop signs.

This is my solution.
They should make a truck lane for commercial trucks and slow lane for older vehicles, a cursing lane and then a suicide lane for people who have the need for speed with emergency pull off ramps that launches them into space. Yeah I’m sounding stupid now so I’ll stop, lol.

Hey if I offend any one in this category well to bad I’m ranting, and as much as I pout I really don’t have the na na’s to do any of what I Think lol.

Oh and where a cure for Aids already.. I mean they’ve been on this thing forever and a day. Shish!

:bash::bnghd:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There, now don't you feel better pweagle? All it takes is releasing a little pressure.

And the best way I've found for the speed demons is to drive slower. I live where there are a lot of two lane highways, and these wacko speedsters want to get on my bumper, like that's going to hurry me. The closer they get, the slower I go. I drove 20mph for a half an hour once with a guy so mad steam was coming out his ears, simply because he thought he would hurry me.

Hey, only one person needing to vent? Dr. Phil would go broke around this place.

Let it out. Let it all out!!!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When your supposed to hang out with your buddies on a friday night, but one blows all the others off for something else and then it crashes there.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
people who don't know that a stop sign means stop. it applies to everyone even you u damn people in your lifted SUVs and trucks.

SUVs and unecssesarily lifted trucks annoy me to no end!! especially when females drive them (im a chick myself) these broads do NOT know how to handle their vehicle and i see them having troublle even backing out. and switching lanes! and they have kids in the car too its like damn get something smaller since u obviously cannot handle this vehicle.

also pedestrians have the right of way EVERYTIME dont shake your head at me because i crossed the street since the walk signal came on jerk!

oh yeah i hate whispering and speakerphone.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
oh hey pweagle i totally agree with you on those "bros" with the trucks and the clone like style bleh to them im a girl and do NOT find them attractive in the least bit. i find them to be wussy guys who think they are manly because they own a big truck. and shallow as well. those girls who date them are equally idiotic and look like clones as well. booo to them all!!!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Going in a slightly different direction with this: People who drive too slow.

The main road that I take to work has a speed limit of 45, but it's just madness if anyone actually follows that. The flow of traffic is usually about 55 to 60, and I simply follow that. I am 20. I do drive a red car, but it's a Ford focus, and not the typical bright red you see in most cars. Nonetheless, I'm sure some people think that I'm some "Crazy" teenager driving like a nut, but in actuality I just go with the flow of traffic. Anyway, every now and then, especially when I'm in a hurry to work, some idiot decides to go exactly 45 mph. Sure, if it's only them and the lane next to them is open, it's fine, but not when two people go 45mph or slower side by side. This is more annoying to me than speed demons, and here's why. When somebody is driving too fast, you merely feel like you're being hurried or they pass you. Big deal. You can't be late for work because some idiot was driving too fast. But when somebody is driving too slow, is screws it up for everyone else on the road that just wants to go the normal speed for the street. I have been late for work because there were idiots that decided that the whole street belonged to them and they were just going to take it easy and go as slow as they damn well pleased.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They need to make sex fun again, I mean as in getting a cure for all the sicknesses that you can get through sex and invent birth control pills that work 101%. Sex with condoms sucks

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Herman, do you ever get a ticket? I mean, they can write you up if they want.

Great posting folks. This is fun. Hell, even I can identify with some of these.

Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Rich people who expect me to do stupid things for them because they're lazy and selfish like:

Can I take some empty cardboard boxes to the dump for them because they don't want to get their new car dirty.....WTF!

NO NO NO........"what am I to you"?

Some kind of "skivvy" who will do what you want, when you want.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Teenagers who do stupid things like drugs, sex, alcohol and smoking. They all need a good slap in the face. I hate how High School kids think they are all mature but they really aren't.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Let me count the ways:

1. People who constantly yakitty yak
2. People who gossip about everyone
3. When you visit someone and something "turns up missing"

4. People who pick their feet and then cook.

5. Gas escaping as they walk around the house.
6. Stupid people who just dont get anything.
7. People who peek out their curtains...and close them tightly when you look up.

8. The smell of Ben Gay.
9. Control freaks
10. People who leave drops on toilet seats.:bnghd:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Outer Banks, everyone seems to think they are freaking NASCAR drivers. It's really sad.

"Dale Earnheart didn't need no damn turn signal"

Use your turn signal. Keeping me in the dark about what you are going to do, while it might be part of some crafty race stratagy or something, is not a survival trait on the public roads. Unfortuately, Automotive Darwinism often invovles tragic collateral damage.

Geez folks, back off of my ass. Drafting my little pickup at 55 mph is probably not helping you much and certainly is not worth eating my tailgate with the hood of your Acura.

There is no checkered flag anywhere on this Interstate. No! the advertisement roadsigns do not count. Shows just how programed you really are, you advertisement fodder.

Get off the blasted phone and drive, already! That ain't your pit crew.

Yeah, I do feel somewhat better...

Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

4. People who pick their feet and then cook.

what the hell?? haahahha that's pretty random. I haven't experienced that (that i know of) but ew! who does that?? damn.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Herman, do you ever get a ticket? I mean, they can write you up if they want.

Nah, I've never gotten a ticket before. I don't speed very much. I go with the flow of traffic, maybe a little bit faster, but rarely am I the fastest person on the road. I just believe in being courteous to the other drivers around you and not causing them unneeded annoyance by going five miles under the speed limit.

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Herman]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Teenagers who do stupid things like drugs, sex, alcohol and smoking. They all need a good slap in the face. I hate how High School kids think they are all mature but they really aren't.

Well about sex, I think they should have the right to the greatest pleasure on earth, as long as they wear condoms. I myself as a teen enjoyed it, I think everyone should. As for alcohol and smoking and drugs, well you know what's gonna happen? They're gonna mess their bodies up, let em mess their bodies up if they don't wanna listen.

Is it just me or do each year school kids get smaller and smaller? I recently walked near my old high school and saw kids coming from school, and swore they had to be like 6th graders or something, but apperantly they were 10 and 11th graders

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Drivers on cell phones. :shk:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Great posts!!! This thread is really good for getting to know your fellow members here a bit better. I went back and read over the whole thing just because it puts a more human face on people here.

I really loved the 'Nascar' post.

And everyone is so unique in what bugs them, like the "little high schoolers" and the "feet pickers".

Keep them coming. As a matter of fact, U2U your friends, and get them to post, and that way you get to know them in a new way.

Keep having fun, because you folks are the highlight of my day.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There's one question that puzzles me more than the ultimate "Why are we here?" : HOW THE ****** CAN PEOPLE LIKE AND LISTEN TO A BAND SUCH AS TOKIO HOTEL????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hahaha whats tokio hotel? never heard of

top topics

<<   2 >>

join