It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This shows how small we really are in the universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is fantastic. Thank you for the reminder.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Could the largest star have life supporting planets in its own system?

Would those planets have to be the same sort of distance as pluto is from the sun?

If you follow the progression keeping scales in mind you'd realize that that last star's radius is far greater then the distance from the sun to Pluto... in fact that beast would engulf our solar system a millions times over. A planet that close to the surface, as you suggest, might as well be on the surface in perspective to something that huge!

We are nothing in this massive oblivion, isn't that great to know? Takes off a lot of pressures of life!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
thats amazing !!!! and to think thats only our universe ,Space is never ending and there has to be life some where or some where we can survive and build a new home planet

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
thats amazing !!!! and to think thats only our universe ,Space is never ending and there has to be life some where or some where we can survive and build a new home planet

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Makes you wonder what else is out there waiting to be discovered...

The Size of Our World

and what of the dimensions of any lifeforms that may exist out there!

Thanks for this! I'm a big fan of astronomy. I think it's good to go through life keeping the perspective of the cosmos in mind, but I gotta tell ya, this presentation really exploded my consciousness. I've known many years that the size of space is too large to comprehend or imagine, but given this presentation I am completely overwhelmed with awe.
I think it is a testament to the force and importance of small things as well as larger things. What a great presentation!

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Areal51]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow that is truely amazing. Just think of what life would be like on a planet as big as VY Canis Majoris, or imagine all the stars that make VY Canis Majoris look like earth...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
dude that was awsome!!!

can u imagine having one of those ginormus planets populated? the commute would be horrendous

heres a thought if one of those gigantic plants did have humanoid life, would they be giants?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
wow thats amazing i didnt even know half of those were around, maybe giants are true

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoomein
Great video. Thanks. urrrrm do you know any video simulation of how our solar system is? Ie., how Earth goes round the sun, moon cycles etc........?........I have been looking for this since i got online a while back

[edit on 29-5-2007 by zoomein]

If you're looking for a simulation or program, you can try "Celestia" (www.celestia.com should work). Can't help ya if you need a video though.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I might be small, but as far as I know, the Universe wouldn't even exist without me. Without my consciousness interacting with virtual potentialities and creating a defined reality through choice, there would be no now, no future, or no past, since reality ripples through time in all directions and dimensions.

This will all be verified upon my death, when the entire Universe will once again cease to exist. No more planets, suns, galaxies. No more time or distance. All gone.

Small? I think not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join