It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret anti terror unit to guard VIP's.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Secret anti terror unit to guard VIP's.

news.sky.com

A secret anti-terrorist unit has reportedly been set up to protect VIPs.
According to The Mail On Sunday, the unit has the power to detain suspects indefinitely under mental health legislation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thisislondon.co.uk< br />

Mod Edit: Removed major portion of copy/paste source material, please review the following link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

CX

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I just hope that the intelligence on the people they lock up for good is a lot more reliable than some of the messes they've produced before.

I wonder how far the goal posts will be moved when it comes to detaining people indefinately on this one if they have mental health issues. You can't just lock people away and throw away the key, i feel that this will be yet another tool that the goverment will abuse.

As for the comment that, "The Metropolitan Police, which runs the FTAC, refused to comment on how many people had been forcibly hospitalised", does that sound scary to anyone here or is it just the conspiracy theorist in me?

I appreciate that there are some people who for everyones safety need to be detained, i just hope this is used for the role that it is intended and only in the most extreme cases.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Is that is well as new stop and search powers that will probally come in to effect soon!

Get out now, while you have the chance.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Does taking part in a protest against a visiting "VIP" indicate a mental health problem? There have been hundreds of people arrested and held under terrorism charges since the police were given thoise powers, the vast majority of whom are no more terrorists than I am. It's just handy for the police to have extra powers of arrest and detention.
It sounds like a throwback to the old soviet days when dissent was a sign of mental health problems and people would be locked up for rehabilitation, to make them stable members of society again.

CX

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I can remember a conversation with my girlfriends dad who said that his brother had been locked up in a metal health institution many years ago.

His crime? Stole a bicycle. Then a little while later he did it again, so they thought there obviously MUST be something wrong with him and locked him up.

This was common parctise back then and many kids found themselves part of the mental health system for just doing things that were frowned upon.

In the modern age, and with the increasing stripping of freedom of speech, i wonder if being anti-vip, anti-royal or anti-goverment will also be classed as something that is unacceptable and worthy of a long spell inside with tea and medication for breakfast?

CX.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Good Lord!

we have a new counter-terrorist unit (CTU) and now we have this! FTAC! I do fear all these new units, its quite frightening.

The Metropolitan Police, which runs the FTAC, refused to comment on how many people had been forcibly hospitalised

that is worrying.

where are these peoples being hospitalised? secret facilities or the normal mental hospitals that we already have? I am quite concerned about this revelation.

top topics

join