It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What U KNO/Rockpuck (KNO To Rock The Vote!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As it appears this is the way this race is turning I also would like to open up my own area to answer questions from the voters or other candidates. I appreciate any question asked and will respond to each and every one.

The people and their voices must be heard and likewise you must be able to make an informed decision this November. So with that I would like to open this thread for your thoughts.

Thank You,

What U KNO.

[edit on 5/26/2007 by whatukno]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What would you do to encourage the people to invest in greener energy?

Would you relax the planning laws for wind farms and solar panels facilities?

How would you encourage big business to utilise the alleged patents and rights to green energy devices?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Green energy and the move away from fossil fuels is an important step in cleaning up our air water and general environment. We should encourage companies to conserve natural resources in every way possible to limit our dependency on oil.

In large cities I envision roof top solar collection. and would offer tax incentives to companies and individuals that incorporate these green energy solutions to their power needs. In this way the land use problem of solar energy stations could be reduced significantly.

To encourage big businesses to contribute to the solution I would also like to see more investment in recycling measures and tax breaks for businesses that rely on green energy solutions to power the workplace.

So far we only have one planet. It is our duty as guardians and custodians of this planet to make it last.

In the future I would also like to see more research done for orbital solar collection stations and hydrogen fuel cell conversion. While I also realize that total removal of oil is not feasible I would like to see more bio-diesel being used in place of regular diesel. We should also look into more effective solutions for automobiles on the road today and incorporate a new cleaner burning gasoline. Giving farmers subsidies to grow corn for use in ethanol would be a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately the reality is that without hiking taxes on products like oil and coal and making it less appealing to use these substances, it would be difficult to change the habits of individuals and companies in the short term. But a long term solution is what is needed.

The ultimate goal of all of this would be the gradual phasing out of fossil fuels in exchange for renewable and sustainable energy sources. We all should do our part to help ourselves help the environment.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I believe you can tell a great deal about a candidate by who they have around them.

So have you decided who you would ask for the major offices of state if you are elected?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
For this ATS election, to my knowledge there is only the president and a vice president that are going to be given the office. To my knowledge I am unaware of any other positions that would be available.

However saying that I would like to state that if other offices were available I would choose my team from those applicants that are most qualified for the position and not based upon party lines.

The business of government is business and should not be based on partisan politics. The good of the nation should depend on those that can rise above petty party politics and get to the real issue at hand.

I asked Rockpuck to be my running mate because I believe that he has the intelligence and ferocity needed in the position. He is honest and dependable and I am proud to have him as my running mate in this election.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey What

I didn't see if you answered this in another thread so...

What do you think about legalizing drugs? And the age limits on drugs and/or alcohol?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Let me be quite frank and honest about this issue...

The use and subsequent abuse of drugs and alcohol is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Life's problems cannot be solved in a bottle, a needle or in a pipe. For those that feel that drugs and alcohol can be an answer should seek help immediately.

At the same time I do feel that it is every person's right to put substances into their bodies that they want. Government should not have the right to regulate personal habits. If someone should choose to poison their bodies with narcotics it is not the government's job to babysit them.

I feel that drugs should be legalized, taxed, and regulated. For one it would eliminate the bloated budget that is spent on the failed War on Drugs, Save hardworking police officers from having to arrest casual users, and ease the burden of overcrowding in our nations prisons.

And two would also if taxed appropriately it would also prove to be a boon for the American economy, and actually decrease funding funneled to terrorist organizations. (As supported by the current anti drug establishment)

As far as the question of age restrictions. I feel that 18 is a good age to limit the age to, at 18 you are old enough to vote, you are old enough to go to war and die for our country, and you are old enough to if the case may be tried as an adult. In all factors you are considered an adult at the age of 18 and so you should be able to inebriate yourself at the age of 18.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Are there any circumstances in which you would have invaded Iraq?

And does the threat of nuclear weapons in Iran, warrent an invasion?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unless Iraq was an immediate threat to the US or to one of it's allies then no. There is no reason to invade a sovereign country without an act of aggression by said country to the security of the state.

I would not have invaded Iraq.

Unless Iran has the technology and intention to use those weapons on the US or it's allies then no. Nuclear weapons themselves are not a reason to start a war.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If there was an uprising in PRChina on a scale large enough for a Civil war, of people who
wanted a Free and Democratic China, would you as President support it, both if asked,
and if not asked?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Looking at history I would have to say yes I would support an internal struggle in China for the freedom of the people. Freedom is the birthright of every human on this planet.

France was gracious enough in our own struggle for freedom to help us against the English. It was a risky move on their part to thumb their nose at the empire of England to join us in our struggle for our liberty and freedom.

Although saying that there is a big BUT

that exception is this...

The majority of the people of China would have to want our help, have to want their freedom and have to ask for the help for any assistance from my administration.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Another question, which I had to check, because I though I already asked..

What is your stance on the economic sanctions of Cuba, would you tighten them, loosen them,
get rid of them or keep them the same?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Cuba is no threat to the United States. I feel that this embargo has gone on way too long as it is. I would eliminate the restrictions altogether.

Cuba can be a valuable trade partner. Also it is unfair to the many many people that have immigrated here from Cuba to disallow them access to their families. Cuba could become a wonderful tourist attraction for Americans. Also the import of Cuban cigars would be a boon to the island nation.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What’s your stance on Israel and how would you ensure that they abide by international laws?
And how soon would you get a Palestinian state and how would you ensure a right of return for Palestinian refugees

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Israel, this is a tough issue, what we have here is a clash not only of political ideologies but religious ideologies. That is a main obstacle to overcome when dealing with groups of people.

My plan for Israel is not a popular one but it in my opinion is the only one that would bring about true peace in this region.

This has been called ostensibly the "What U KNO Doctrine"

I would go for the integration of Palestinians into the state of Israel. Complete citizenship of all Palestinians so that they have the exact same rights as those of Israelis. While on the surface this would seem to destroy the autonomy of the Palestinian people in reality it would give them much more power over their own lives. Certainly much more power than they do now.

In this way Palestinians would keep their political and religious identity but would also become citizens of the state of Israel. Palestinian people could vote for their own representatives into government and have a voice. Women could walk to the marketplace and no longer fear being stopped by Israeli police forces and turned around at checkpoints. They would be citizens of the same country. As such they would have the same rights as everyone else does.

This could eventually give Palestinian people pride in their own country and thus stop the violence that plagues the streets of Israel on nearly a daily basis.

Like I said it's not a popular plan but it would work given the chance.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
how would you get the israelis to agree to this?
since it would be majority muslim and the end of a jewish state

1/5 of israel are already muslim add the palistinain population and Muslims will be the majourity.

so my question again how would you get Israel to follow this path of yours?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
With guarantee of representation. I don't feel that it would eliminate Israel as a jewish state. I believe it would patriotize all people in Israel and it would also help to stabilize the middle east altogether.

With muslums and jews working side by side towards the common goal of internal security for their country I believe that you would see a sharp decline in violence. Both muslums and jews in Israel need to have their voices heard.

top topics

join