It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio lethal injection takes 2 hours, 10 tries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
what was ever wrong with beheading?
Its instant, painless death and i'm sure with todays technology there could even be some sort of laser guillotine made to erradicate the problem of blunting blades.

also the whole process can be automated with the use of a timer, just like suicides use in homemade guillotines

although with some offenders the emphasis should be on making it as painful as possible...like pedophiles....bring on the bath of acid

[edit on 25-5-2007 by owzitgarn]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Why don't they just go back to the good old fashioned firing squad?

That always works

Seriusly, I am for that if there's a death penalty.
10 guys aiming their rifles at the guy's head, bang,
in a fraction of a second he's dead, he ain't surviving
10 bullets to the head. If I was to be executed,
I would choose that way over long and painful injections,
that cost a hell of alot of money btw.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What about the person that he killed? Did he worry about his victim when he bashed his head and choked him? He recieved his punishment. He is gone. He should be forgotten. IMHO

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Bring back the GUILLOTINE!!!

Well I may agree with you and even be for public executions . . . but . . . the Guillotine kind of bring memories of France and you know how touchy many American are when it comes to France.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
that was by far the funniest thing I have read so far...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This person that you're so upset with strangled a man, banged his head against the floor then sucked his blood.

Was he concerned that his actions might have been cruel or painful?

Ten jabs with a needle just don't compare with what he did.

I'm sorry, I don't feel sorry for Christopher Newton, I feel sorry for the poor people that had trouble putting him to death. I'm sure that was a tramatic experience for them.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree with JohnSki, why are we worrying about the murderer. Do you think the family of the person this inmate murdered cared it took him two hours to die. If you ask me, trying to kill a murderer quickly isn't justice. Do you think the murderer cared about the victim he killed. The more pain the murderer knows he will go through the better I think. I personally believe we should have an eye for an eye justice system. I believe if someone shoots someone in the stomach then they should be shot in the stomach and left to die slowly, If someone drowns someone, then that person should in turn be drowned. If someone beats someone to death with a bat, then that person should be beat to death with the same bat. I think if a person thought about killing another human being and knew before hand that he would receive the same punishment. There would be a lot of people out there thinking twice before they went out and hurt someone.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I may agree with you and even be for public executions . . . but . . . the Guillotine kind of bring memories of France and you know how touchy many American are when it comes to France.

We'll just call it the Gil O'Teen. Say it's Irish. Everybody loves the Irish these days.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
As mentioned previously,I think a firing squad is the best idea.Hard to screw up shooting someone in the heart or head when they can't evade it.I know the brutality of shooting someone is a turnoff for some,but in most cases the prisioner probably inflicted greater brutality than a simple gunshot,or simply shot a innocent to death.

but the problem is that the firing squad has been proven cruel and unusual, many times even to the point of sadism. the men on the squad may aim low or aim in an area that won't provide instant death

how about this: we abolish the death penalty. it costs more than life imprisonment.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

but the problem is that the firing squad has been proven cruel and unusual, many times even to the point of sadism. the men on the squad may aim low or aim in an area that won't provide instant death

how about this: we abolish the death penalty. it costs more than life imprisonment.

Who has decided a firing squad is cruel and unusual,some peace loving hippie.

I find it more cruel for chilfren who grow up missing a loved one because of some prick who had no respect for the most basic of laws. Eye for an eye people.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ahh thanx 12make, dunno where my scanning eyes have gone, but i am missing all kinds of stuff i read today. Thanx for lettin me know.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As many here can, I speak from experience ... if they wanted to execute me via lethal injection, it would take hours. My veins are small, they collapse, and they roll. The times I've had to have IV fluids, my veins shut down and they've had to do things like put IVs in my hands and so forth.

...and this is with me cooperating and identifying the sites that work well.

My sympathies go to the medical team. This kind of thing is horrible to do in the first place, and having it last as long as it does is a nightmare.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
what's the big deal? it's not like hes some innocent person. to be on death row you had to have done something pretty bad. i think in california it's if u kill two or more people. I mean it IS crazy a death penalty exists but i mean oh well I don't feel it's anything to be bummed about. needle pricks wow.. imagine what his victim/victims felt.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Historically, modes of execution have more to do with fashion than they do with effectiveness. The electric chair gained popularity around the turn of the last century because it was "modern" and innovative, utilizing that new-fangled electricity stuff. Hanging somebody is just old-fashioned, and associated with a time when ropes for cowboy work were the technology of the day.

Lethal injection is popular these days because we're a drug-taking society, and we look at it as just another drug, except in this case it cures life. It's like performing an operation, not just offing somebody.

We're also obsessed with cleanliness, and a lethal injection is nice and clean and quiet. It doesn't make the "patient" twitch all around a smell like cooked hot dogs afterwards. They just "go to sleep." Aw, isn't that precious? We are so kind.

If we were trying to be effective, jamming a chunk of C-4 explosive into their mouths and detonating it would be a quick, sure-fire way of killing the condemned. A bit messy for our sensitivities these days, though.

Maybe in the future we'll have some whiz-bang gizmo that just disintegrates the poor sucker. No muss, no fuss. Then we'll call that "humane."

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I really hope they used alcohol swabs.
Some of the new, aggressive forms of bacteria can cause a nasty infection, in a very short period of time.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
does this mean they're bringing back the guillotine???

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
they have trouble every time they draw blood from me ..
some people are hard to hit .. and apparently , the guy did NOT have
a problem with them having a problem ... so whats the big deal ?
i just don't get it ..

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This is so bad!!!!!!!

A man in Ohio under death penalty had to wait 2 hours while the the execution team tried 10 times to find a suitable vein to inject the quimicals to kill him.

[

[edit on 25/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

why should he not suffer a little pain??

i ask you.

he killed somebody...

i say make him suffer for a hundred days at least.

i would volunteer to do it.

these muderering monsters have it too easy.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Eye for a eye makes you just as bad the person the person that did it, thats why I find the death penalty to be wrong. I can't believe some of you are wanting cruel barabaric deaths on other human beings, some of these people might be innocent you never know. It doesn't matter what they have done in the past it doesn't mean you should stoop down to that level. Just look how many people on death row have been proven innocent after appeals and released, this is why the death penalty is the wrong way of going about business. Can't believe how some people talk, bring back the gulitine? then you go think muslims are barbaric because they cut someones head off, who they believe who are fighting against them. Awful

[edit on 26-5-2007 by estar]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by owzitgarn
what was ever wrong with beheading?
Its instant, painless death and i'm sure with todays technology there could even be some sort of laser guillotine made to erradicate the problem of blunting blades.

I believe it's thought that even with a clean beheading, the disembodied head of the person will still have a few moments of consciousness and feel pain and feel like, well, just a head falling down. Of course no one has lived to tell the tale for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join