It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged Cat in China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Unreal...

www.ananova.com...

Granny Feng's tom cat has sprouted two hairy 4ins long wings, reports the Huashang News.

"At first, they were just two bumps, but they started to grow quickly, and after a month there were two wings," she said.
However, experts say the phenomenon is more likely down to a gene mutation, and say it shouldn't prevent the cat living a normal life.

I wonder why we keep seeing mutations in cats. One eye, extra toes, and two tongues are all mutations I've seen on this forum before.

[edit on 24/5/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I hope they're not going to kill it like they did with the one in Russia.Just an animal...not it's fault being different.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There was also a winged cat in Russia?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This has been discussed here before.

I think it's just an odd type of fur matting or something. They're not wings with any flesh and/or bone in them.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Any chance of finding a link?
I did a boolean and google search and didn't find anything.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Several thread show up if you type "winged cat" into the Google search.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Russian Winged Cat

There, four posts and the relevant link is now up. Now back to the Chinese winged cat.

I found another source with more info.
www.dailytimes.com.pk...

the wings, which contain bones, make her pet look like a ‘cat angel’.

This case seems to be more than just matted hair.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Winged cats are a lot more common than you might think. The earliest observance is apparently that of Henry David Thoreau.

Wikipedia

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hmm....well I think this is a pretty well known phenomenon and would bet (if I had to) the Chinese report that the wings are actual appendages of the cat is bogus.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmmm...bones..I don't know if i believe this.I've read about this being a skin disorder and such.But this is the first time i hear this claimWinged Cats
Here they discuss this last case as well.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The wings in these cases are more often than not appendages that can be moved by the animal. Although flight is impossible for a number of reasons, they can be manipulated like limbs.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
oh wow, how amazing. The wings have bones, thanks for the extra links too.

You think they would find out how this occurred and not just put it down to mutation. I wouldnt rest until I had a definite answer.

How lovely though, an Angelic Cat...

I am sending this pic to my contacts

cheers

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I call bogus on the 'boned wings' fact. It just can't happen, unless we are dealing with several 1 in a million mutations in one cat. Its probably just to get attention.

Winged cats are normal though, but usually its just fur thats tangled up together.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
hmm - the skeptic in me sighs deeply why do so many of these stories only have a single picture

PS - the picture and story do not even co oberate each other - those alledged " wings" are FAR longer than the 4" claimed in the text

if this cat really has wings why has the anonymous " expert " who is ` quoted ` not examined it thouroggly - and written a comprehensive report ?

i took the liberty of showing the story to a friend who is a vet - and her reaction was " wow - is that real ? "

she would " go bonkers " to examine it - and x-ray it , get a medical illustrator to document it etc

also - something i did not think of - attempt to track down its parents and litter mates / other siblings

though she didpoint out that it is highly likley to be ` as advertised `

my thoughts on a skeptic line :

this is the real world , not marvel superheroes a stress cascade [ sexual harrasment - WTF - how does a tomcat get sexually harrassed ?? ] does not prompt the spontaneous erruption of such bilateral growths which appear [ and are claimed ] to be symetrical .

IMHO - file it as twee glurge UNTILL some more compelling evidence is presented

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Is it just me that sees it, or is that old woman holding some furry appendages so it looks like wings? That photo's been carefully staged.

Really, winged cats.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah, this just really doesn't seem real. If it was, why isn't it commonly known. I mean come on, a winged cat? only when pigs can fly ;p

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Be careful with what you wish for...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
THose are the fakest wings I have ever seen before and why is the women holding them up also you can't see where the wings come from

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like China is first

The mutant gene has begun its transformation of all. Soon their will be Hero's to save us from December 21, 2012.

Just so you know Cats are evil. That cat will soon join with a magneto like cat from Queens, and the Juggernaut cat from Russia to try and destroy the human species.

"X-Dogs" will be our only hope.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Winged cats are a lot more common than you might think. The earliest observance is apparently that of Henry David Thoreau.

Wikipedia

well Ive only heard of 2 as of today.

And can we please BAN WIKIPEDIA as an Authoritative source, due to its total lack of credibility and its an obvious propoganda tool?

Give me 2 other sources that back up wikipedia, then maybe i'll start to trust it-Jack of blades?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join