It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do We Draw The Line On Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I saw these girls tripp'n on some thing on the carpet. I walked up the them and asked them what was the matter? They said it was a bee on the carpet. They where carefully trying to cover it with a stool.

I asked them why don't they just step on it and they didn't want to kill it. I did them the favor by stepping on it with my foot. They would not kill it but, didn't look down on me for doing it. I said it was just a bug, and that made me feel bad.

I thought, who am I to judge the value of a life form. But......

Where Do We Draw The Line On The Value Of A Life Form?

Many of us don't think anything about killing those pesty ants in the house, but some of us will carefully catch a moth and let it go free outside.

If we are going to value life form shouldn't we value all life form no matter how small.

To me this is a very difficult thing to figure out.

I put this in the spirtitual section because it does fall the line of spiritual and moral values.

What do you guys think about it.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think you should see what happens if you put a moth in an ants nest!

munch munch munch

TaTa Mr. Moth

Everyone and everything are running their lives on a different set of values, just get on with yours the best way you see fit. (within the law that is! As we are not allowed to kill and eat other people.)

munch munch munch

Edn

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I regard all life with the same respect regardless if its human, other animal, insect, bug, plant or tree.

you always going to kill things, its a part of life but I try my best when I have the choice to avoid harming anything.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Everyone and everything are running their lives on a different set of values, just get on with yours the best way you see fit. (within the law that is! As we are not allowed to kill and eat other people.)

munch munch munch

Cool! I won't feel so bad when I do some cat juggling tomorrow.

I heard that is ilegal in some countries. I'm gonna have to check the local laws before I go to the pet store.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's hard to say. Some insects I do value, and others I don't think twice about squashing.

Why I can place value and sacredness on one thing and not on another, I am not sure. However that is a good point to consider.

top topics

join