It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Jones and the ancient astronauts??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just came across an article on IGN which speculates that Indy 4 will feature and centre on the 'chariots of the Gods' Theory and even have its opening sequence set in area 51!

uk.movies.ign.com...

Now to me, this is quite a departure from the stories of the last three films and I can't help myself but wonder whether this is part of the disclosure process which is discussed so often here at ATS. Many people will see this film and many of them probably have not been exposed to these kind of ideas so it kinda makes sense from that perspective.

At this point its probably worth noting that this is rumour but IGN doesn't usually have articles with absolutely zero basis in truth so we'll have to wait for conformation.

oh well, there you go, what do you guys think if 'aliens interfering with human cicilizations' does turn out to be the story for the movie?????
a good way to get these ideas into the mind of the populace is all i'm saying.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm
I'm pretty sure the next Indy movie wil be along these lines.
IGN has pretty accurate info!
Over the past few years i've read about movies on IGN and the info they give about the movies have been more or less spot on. Star Wars is a good example, guess what???? George Lucas is the creater of StarWars and Indie.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know a lot of people point to evidence of Disclosure because the French released some files or the English released some files. I've always thought that reasoning was pretty weak. But if the next movie is entitled "Indian Jones and Area 51" that would make me perk up a bit and take notice.

Coincidence? I think not!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok, so the officaial title of the film, as posted on the official website is: 'Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull'

sounds interesting eh? don't know about ufo disclosure but in the run up to 2012 with the skull's apparent link to the Maya..... ok i'm getting carried away. but the crystal skulls are an enigma and its nice that it will brought to the masses for their contemplation.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Chonx]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Taken from iesb.net
Spoilers ahead -

The crystal skulls turn out to be alien skulls, underneath a Mayan or Aztec pyramid that takes off and thus reveals itself to be a mothership of sorts.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I posted the plot a while back. I thought the movie had something to do with the Temple Mount. Still conspiracy related though.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's very unlikely any real plot details are accurate.
Since the character Abner Ravenwood is making an appearance (played by Jon Hurt) I'm thinking the next film will once again be centered around the ark of the covenent, since he was the expert on the matter in the original film.
George seems to repeat story elements and situations, so that seems like a likely scenario.
I'm thinking the ark is held at area 51 in the beginning of the film.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Man, I love chariots of the gods, i cant wait to see this.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Don't you see what is going on here? Aliens and UFOs are becoming more popular due to the internet, so movie production companies are trying to take advantage more than they did in the past.

These new movies do not have Alien/UFO related content because they are trying to "desensitize us," they have Alien/UFO related content because that is what all of us want to see. The subject is obviously popular enough now to randomly inject into the Indiana Jones series.

Art imitates life. The alien movies aren't imitating real-life aliens, they are imitating the real-life concepts about aliens that people like us talk about all day, of course we love to see these things we talk about materialize into motion pictures to watch. It's still fiction.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Diplomat]

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
SPOILER:

According to reports the beginning of the film does indeed begin in Area 51 where the Ark is being held. Back where Indy is lecturing at Marshall College he receives a package containing a Crystal skull but no sooner after that the Russians intervene and along with Shea Leboufe Indy flees the school on a motorcycle driven by Shea.

I beleive that the showdown so to speak is indeed inside a massive Pyramid. As always this is pure speculation leaked from various sources. Another thing worth noting is that Speilberg has always had a fascination with Close Encounters, UFO's etc so if he is tying in Chariots Of The Gods, Adam and Eve and Heaven And Hell it's going to raise some questions as to why we are here and who put us here, not to mention a potentially awesome movie. I wouldn't expect actaul UFO's in the film though, more focusing on Ancient Astronauts, see this link for information on Ancient Astronauts and other subjects:

users.cihost.com...

THE THEORY:
Proponents of the ancient astronaut theory say to look at the ancient marvels of prehistory - the Pyramids, Easter Island, or the Nasca Lines in Peru. How did ancient man create such marvels without sophisticated technology? Then, look deeper at old hieroglyphics and statues and notice that many of the figures are otherworldly or show what appears to be modern technology like aircraft. There are even marvels such as the Peruvian Nasca Lines that can only be fully seen from the air.

This has been covered many times i'm sure but i don't see any harm in looking at our ancient friends:

[edit on 11/9/07 by October]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
....not that amma fan of S Speilberg, this looks good, didn't know they're
covering some alien stuff in this.... I looked all thru the post, when is this
coming out? I'll probably goto a matinee of this.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This sounds good and makes me want to see it. But I doubt that it has anything to do with "disclosure". It'll just be a good movie. Hopefully.

new topics

top topics

join