It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think of the new stars ★★★★★ system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealtruthIf someone is angry with your or what you post they will find all your previous post and have at you.

I agree as well that if you have some powerful words with someone (of course in keeping with ATS rules), they may find the need to lookup all your past posts and rate all of them with a ONE STAR.

Something surely needs to be done about that issue...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hate them! It just encourages ass kissing and self-censorship. When you don't agree with some jerk you get 1 star and then other may think you post just bad stuff.

On the other hand someone may intentionally agree with all crap just to get few stupid stars more. It kills friction. I know this post appears negative, but at least i say what i think and i don't care about ratings.

Check out this thread too.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The all new stars system is intresting, but a bit strange to get used to. The thing that threw me off is that You can go on a post by post basis, so in theory you can vote for one person more themn once in the same thread. The system also seems to habve some way of averaging the votes out which I really don't get.

Also, the old "Way Above" system still seems to exist. If you look, the button for it is still there.

Tim

[edit on 5/21/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I like it. I've been using it and treat it with respect.

I read what is being said and evaluate as to if it is worthy of a star and if so, how many stars.

One thing that I'd like to see added is someway to show disagreement with a post, without using the star system. Some way to show your thoughts of a post,that is off topic, or a one word or line post, maybe a post that is insulting.... those should be "recognized" too.

I know we have the complaint feature to use, but to see what others are thinking of a particular "bad" post would be interesting as well.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of it, but it doesn't bother me. I just don't look at the stars.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This morning I thought it was great because I had 5 stars.:shk:Then I ticked someone off and now I have 3. It is not a fair system IMHO. I believe it was a good idea, but one that is easily abused.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
This morning I thought it was great because I had 5 stars.:shk:Then I ticked someone off and now I have 3. It is not a fair system IMHO. I believe it was a good idea, but one that is easily abused.

Are you assuming that you ticked someone off.... maybe people reading the posts just didn't think they were as great as you do?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't get it?????

I demand five stars under my name!!!!

Thank you.

Peace

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I believe the star system is ill conceived. The person who came up with it didn't think things through. I skimmed a number of active threads that I didn't post in and found that the number of stars really identify how popular the idea is; they have nothing to do with whether the post is germane, incisive, thoughtful or challenging.

I plan neither rate any other post nor look back at the ratings any of my posts get.

Occam

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I don't get it?????

I demand five stars under my name!!!!

Thank you.

Peace

Dr Love
★★★★★ How is that you happy now? lol.

Regards,

RT

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
@ RealTruth....

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I had 4 stars now I have 2. I am changing my position..this system is obviously very flawed lol

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It seems to me that the majority of feedback just ends up turning into a 'bitch fest'...

The other day I read a post where members were winging about not being able to see how many times the post was read. Now, there is something new to winge about.

Well, I don't think the site has become user unfriendly, I think the level of bitching around here is dragging it down.

Yanno, its almost as if your paying hard cash for a service...and not getting value for your money.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Also, the old "Way Above" system still seems to exist. If you look, the button for it is still there.

On BTS and PTS yes the buttons are there. But it is most likely due to the fact that SkepticOverlord had more pressing issues to deal with other than removing them.

And if I am not mistaken, even if you use those "WATS" votes, they won't count towards anything as that entire system is no longer being used.

Just a maintenance issue in cleaning up the unused WATS buttons.

2 cents.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
On BTS and PTS yes the buttons are there.

Nope, now they are gone here and on AP as well.

edit...I think they are gone now...or maybe I just used all mine...

Do you still see the button?

Oops.

[edit on 24/5/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Do you still see the button?

Oops.

I still see the button here.

Ah. You caught me. Actually I haven't logged into PTS (AP, whatever - lol) for some time. I was ASSUMING that it was the same there, as here on BTS. As is usually the case when changes are made. First on ATS for a test run, then the other two, when it works out on the Main board(ATS) and when time permits.

btw, since it is only on BTS now, would that make it a WBTS vote?? (Way Below Top Secret)??

edit - okay, I just checked on PTS they're still there as well.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join