It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Kennedy analysis suggests second shooter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is this getting much attention in the states, it was one of the leading news story's here in Australia on our morning news, but havent been able to find much more on this story. It was published around 9 hrs ago.

link to article

The findings suggest the prevailing theory that a sole gunman, Lee Harvey Oswald, killed Kennedy is wrong, according to a research team that published its findings Thursday.

Tobin, a former FBI agent and forensic scientist, teamed with bullet lead analysis expert Cliff Spiegelman of Texas A M University to re-examine the five bullet fragments recovered after Kennedy's assassination, using new scientific advances.

Anyone heard anymore.

[edit on 18/5/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I saw it was on CNN a little while ago, but the sound was off so I didn't hear what they said.
It is apparently being covered, though.

I wonder if any official action will be taken to find the second shooter?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The guy's who undertook the research seem well credentialled which is why i posted the article, so if it is "good research" it should be very difficult for any agency to continue the cover up, if there was one.

I doubt whether it would mean any action to find the second shooter if true, way too much time has passed and i guess alot of those involved are probably not around anymore.

If, in some way it were to point to a government agency being involved though it could cause quite a bit of political fall out i imagine with elections looming.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread about this yesterday? And no, I'm not being funny, or making a backhanded comment about the number of Kennedy Assassination threads...this is a conspiracy discussion site, after all.

Ahh. Found it!

That other bullet related thread

The article doesn't 'prove' that there was a second gunman involved. It simply says that there could have been a second gunman, based on their analysis of the original analysis.

Using new guidelines set forth by the National Academy of Sciences for proper bullet analysis, Tobin and his colleagues at Texas A&M re-analyzed the bullet evidence used by the 1976 House Select Committee on Assassinations, which concluded that only one shooter, Oswald, fired the shots that killed Kennedy in Dallas.

And their conclusion?

They found that the scientific and statistical assumptions Guinn used -- and the government accepted at the time -- to conclude that the fragments came from just two bullets fired from Oswald's gun were wrong."This finding means that the bullet fragments from the assassination that match could have come from three or more separate bullets," the researchers said.

And the conclusion that they made a point of saying that they did not reach?

They reached no conclusion about whether more than one gunman was involved, but urged that authorities conduct a new and complete forensic re-analysis of the five bullet fragments left from the assassination 44 years ago.

The evidence should, in my opinion, be reexamined, but until they can do this new form of analysis on the actual fragments, it doesn't, unfortunately, prove anything except that technology improves over 44 years.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My bad, missed that other thread, thanks Brother Stormhammer.

mojo.

top topics

join