It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear evidence of ufo sighting in 10th and 12th century manuscripts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm amazed that people talk about flying objects or what it could be representing, or ridicule that something is not a UFO but a normal item. But totaly ignore the angels and people floating on clouds. I can't remember a day where i saw angels or somebody on a cloud. Maybe there is some thruth about people coming from the sky, or is what the painter painted imagination?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Yes, but 99.99% of the time the artists were not intentionally depicting an event they personally witnessed.

That is what I think so many people are failing to realise. These paintings are not from the time of Jesus they are medieval paintings. There are maybe hundreds of these so called UFO paintings. If UFOs were featured in so many paintings then why is there not more information on weird flying objects from the medieval times e.g. books, reports etc.

IMO the medieval paintings do not depict UFOs. I think the paintings from Asia, ancient socities etc. are alot more promising. I have a book which has pictures of weird alien looking creatures which are the socities Gods. I will find out more on that later but is alot more convincing than the medieval paintings.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Funny thing is you cant say that any of the UFOs in the pictures are stars or any other crap because the detail they have and how much they stand out

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And how does an art expert prove that he or she has the CORRECT interpretation?
I don't know exactly how it works, my sister is the one who studied art history (at least 3 years), I only helped writing her works on the computer.

I could ask her, but the idea I have about it is that this symbolism was so common at the time (and that is why paintings from other eras and/or cultures do not have those symbols) that any person with a culture a little above that of the common citizen would recognize it as we recognize today the McDonalds or Adidas logos, for example.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sceptical_AlienIf UFOs were featured in so many paintings then why is there not more information on weird flying objects from the medieval times e.g. books, reports etc.

Demons, Witches, Dragons, Angels, Flaming Chariots, Wheel within a Wheel, God looking down from a "cloud" and the angels lowering a ladder to let Jacob climb up...

The old texts are FULL of strange flying things described in the language of the day...

Today we use terms like Aliens, UFO's, Flying Saucers...

I don't see the difference

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The UFO sites that are misrepresenting some of these old paintings are a disgrace , what is there to gain from showing cropped pics of paintings and trying to pass them of as alien spacecrafts?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
The UFO sites that are misrepresenting some of these old paintings are a disgrace ,

Only in your opinion. If someone does not buy into the Christian mythological version of the Universe, a different interpretation is quite valid

...what is there to gain from showing cropped pics of paintings and trying to pass them of as alien spacecrafts?

Quite simple really... to prove that God et al are in reality Aliens and they were zipping around Earth in weird flying things... and that it was such a common event it became the "symbols" of the day

Wikipedia...
Extraterrestrial (or Extra-terrestrial) may refer to any object or being beyond (extra) the planet Earth (terrestrial). It is derived from the Latin extrus ("outside", "outwards") and terrestris ("earthly", "of or relating to the Earth").

So according to Wikipedia, God, the angels, Satan and all other related beings ar in the truest sense ET's... simple put THEY ARE NOT OF THIS EARTH... I challenge anyone to prove otherwise

Satan and the Fallen Ones were cast DOWN TO EARTH...

That makes them LANDED IMMIGRANTS...

I wonder if Herr Bush issued them a Green Card?

[edit on 22-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So some people believe that what is happening in the skies isnt aliens from another planet but really fallen angels from the bible stories ?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
So some people believe that what is happening in the skies isnt aliens from another planet but really fallen angels from the bible stories ?

Both the same thing

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I can't believe nobody has posted this yet- its probably the most convincing piece of artwork - and the story that comes with it is amazing. i just joined ATS to show it.

this was written in the newspaper about that day- april 4, 1561:

According to the Nuremberg Gazette, the "dreadful apparition" filled the morning sky with "cylindrical shapes from which emerged black, red, orange and blue-white spheres that darted about." Between the spheres, there were "crosses with the color of blood." This "frightful spectacle"was witnessed by "numerous men and women." Afterwards, a "black, spear-like object" appeared. The author of the Gazette warned that "the God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that he avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may, temporarily here and perpetually there, live as His children." In the same year, a Lutheran clergyman on progress in Nuremberg wrote: "...God the Almighty has ... placed in the heavens many horrible and hitherto unheard of signs... We have seen far more signs now than in any other year. The sun and the moon have been darkened on a number of occasions. A crucifix in the sky was seen, as were biers and coffins with black men beside them. Further, rods and whips and many other signs were seen in a multitude of places... and scarcely a year has passed of late without an eclipse of the sun or moon..."

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
sorry, wrong image.

heres the site where its from, anyway.
how do you post pics?
(not used to this forum, sorry)

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, cloudfire!

That is what I have said in a previous post, some people seem so worried with proving that there are UFOs on ancient paintings that they ignore those paintings, drawings and engravings that were made just to report real UFO appearances, like the one you posted.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
All possibilties need to be looked at......

A 1591 woodcut from Nuremberg shows the aurora borealis shining above the city, much like the crosses and globes of the 1561 visitation. Ergot poisoning, from the mold that grows on damp rye, causes vivid hallucinations; it has been linked to the witch hysteria of the 15th century, which included sightings of witches riding their brooms across the sky. Ball lightning is also cited as a cause of so called UFO events.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudfire
heres the site where its from, anyway.
how do you post pics?
(not used to this forum, sorry)

Yes I have that one in my files, but not the Japanese one posted earlier yet. However that link you provided has a nice version of both the story and the image...

To post a pic click on this image in the posting area
and insert your picture url

To ArMaP

Ah so you do believe in some strange things afterall

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hey y'all while i've been inactive for quite some time and ain't that involved in the current global news i was wondering .... If anyone up here found some new stuff not been discussed up here before

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartannic

Interesting thread, thanks for bringing it up.

I've found some informations on the mass UFO sighting of Basel,
that you've posted on Page # 3:

UFO sighting over Basel, Switzerland in 1566

Summary: A 16th century woodcutting depicts this scene in which dark spheres were witnessed hovering over the town of Basel, Switzerland in 1566. The spheres appeared at sunrise, 'Many became red and fiery, ending by being consumed and vanishing', wrote Samuel Coccius in the local newspaper on this date.

Source: 16th century woodcutting and newspaper (credit: UFOs at Close Sight)

A 16th century woodcutting depicts a scene in which dark spheres were witnessed hovering over the town of Basel, Switzerland in 1566.

On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basel (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city: "at the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out," wrote Samuel Coccius, the student in "crowned writings and liberal arts" who consigned the strange events in the city's gazette.

Picture in a larger format

Sources:
www.ufoevidence.org...
ufologie.net...
www.rense.com...

[edit on 19/4/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by Spartannic

Interesting thread, thanks for bringing it up.

I've found some informations on the mass UFO sighting of Basel,
that you've posted on Page # 3:

UFO sighting over Basel, Switzerland in 1566

Summary: A 16th century woodcutting depicts this scene in which dark spheres were witnessed hovering over the town of Basel, Switzerland in 1566. The spheres appeared at sunrise, 'Many became red and fiery, ending by being consumed and vanishing', wrote Samuel Coccius in the local newspaper on this date.

Source: 16th century woodcutting and newspaper (credit: UFOs at Close Sight)

A 16th century woodcutting depicts a scene in which dark spheres were witnessed hovering over the town of Basel, Switzerland in 1566.

On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basel (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city: "at the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out," wrote Samuel Coccius, the student in "crowned writings and liberal arts" who consigned the strange events in the city's gazette.

Picture in a larger format

Sources:
www.ufoevidence.org...
ufologie.net...
www.rense.com...

[edit on 19/4/2008 by internos]

hey y'all

Thx for the reply !

while recent events had me kicked from the world wide web for some unknown reason i can't get any updates on recent discoveries about things that can't be explained from the past. I started digging in the libary of my hometown( a small room that holds like a 3000 books about crap and 50 or so scientific grade books , so its quite lame) but i could't find anything noteworthy . so thx thx thx thx

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

The above image comes from the 10th Century Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit text "Prajnaparamita Sutra", held at a Japanese museum. In the enlargement you can see two objects that look like hats, but why are they floating in mid air ? also one of them appears to have port holes on it. Indian Vedic texts are full of descriptions of Vimanas. The Ramayana describes Vimanas as a double decked, circular or cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with "the speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound".

I always believed that the most unexplainable was the ufo sightings of the past. All of those (hardcore)debunkers who blame everything to be photoshopped and stuff cant claim it on those old manuscripts an alike.
So with this thread i hope to get some more info on anything old that holds ufo tales or images .

The "hats" are interesting, but how did you miss the being with 6 arms and glowing eyes?

Really though, if you take the picture in it's full context, it would be my opinion that the "hats" are island mountain tops as land is salvation.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Really though, if you take the picture in it's full context, it would be my opinion that the "hats" are island mountain tops as land is salvation.
That is one of the problems, many people use just parts of the paintings (or other things) that show what they want, and sometimes it only takes a look to the full picture to understand it all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join