It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear evidence of ufo sighting in 10th and 12th century manuscripts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It has been speculated before that Noahs ship actually was a space ship . Maybe that was what the painter wanted to show lifting the ark to safer altitude for the wave to com.

here's another one from france:

This two images are from France, the cave of "Pech Merle" near "Le Cabrerets" c.17,000 - 15,000 BC. The scene depicts a landscape full of wildlife together with a number of saucer shaped objects. The objects seem totally out of context.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Spartannic, I just finished reading about the incident that happened in Japan,check out this link about this particular story.encyclopedia.comInterestig reading.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sun tsu
Spartannic, I just finished reading about the incident that happened in Japan,check out this link about this particular story.encyclopedia.comInterestig reading.
Thx for the link mate that will give them debunkers something to chew on while they are here !!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Is this what the new 5 star (why 5 stars anyways?), rating system is about? Building up debunkers vs the rest of us?

Now back to the program.

Not only ufo's in ancient art but all those halo's around religious figures are believed by credible people to be auras etc.

I like the thread and there are other strange things in the ancient art too as I've noted.

The ancients were open minded not like today's up tight science crowd which gets humiliated everyday on what it doesn't know.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is another link specially for non belivers, to true that not everything in these pictures shown on this link can be a case for ufo visits from earth's past. Having said that just the fact that there are so many and from all over the ancient world. Well you figure it out. Just my thought on the subject, GREAT THREAD.crystalinks.com

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes I thought the same thing when I came across the debunking post that gets 5 stars because it is "denying ignorance", whereas in reality it came across as a fairly close-minded assessment. It's a pity we can't put negative ratings on posts.

I've also seen some pictures from Australian Aborigine caves.. all cultures show the same crafts showing up everywhere throughout time. Would love to see more, have seen these paintings and pics before, would be great to see some others too. Awesome thread!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The Greatest Proof is Always Ancient History. The Bible is always a perpetual recommencement of events. Some Object Appears in the Sky and the Lord God or Angels Descend Down from within the Object. The Story of Moses which we all know Very Well. A Cloud Followed the Hebrews by day and by night, and from the cloud The Lord our God would make it rain Mana the Bread from heaven. I have always known from my first memory of angels and my questioning of who they were, that they were an Alien Race. The Excerpt from Thiaoouba only reconfirms that knowledge.

"Moses led the Hebrews from Egypt much as it is described in the Bible - but, before proceeding, I must rectify certain errors, since we know that many people on Earth are greatly interested in this famous Exodus.

First of all, the Pharaoh at the time was Ramses II, who was successor to Seti I. Next, the Hebrews numbered 375 000 and, when they arrived at the Sea of Reeds, and not the Red Sea, our spaceships, numbering three, opened the waters, which were quite shallow, by means of our force field. We allowed the waters to close again, but not a single Egyptian soldier drowned - simply because they hadnt followed the Hebrews into the water. The Pharaoh, in spite of enormous pressure from the priests, did not retract his promise and let the Hebrews leave.

The manna, distributed every day, came from our spacecraft. I must explain to you that manna is not only very nourishing, as you know, but also very compactable, which is why many spaceships carry it on board. However, if you leave manna too long exposed to the air, it becomes soft and rots within eighteen hours.

Thats why we recommended that the Hebrews take only as much as they needed for each day; and those who took more, soon saw they had made a mistake and that they should have followed the advice of the Lord God, who was actually us.

The Hebrews did not take forty years to reach Canaan, but only three and a half years. Lastly, the story of Mount Sinai is almost true. We landed on the mountain so as not to be seen by the people. It was preferable at the time, for these simple people to believe in a God, rather than in extra-terrestrials who watched over them and helped them.

So that is the explanation of the Hebrew people, but it isnt finished. In our eyes, these were the only people who followed the right direction, that is, the direction of spirituality. Among them, and, later, among their great priests, there were some who rumored that a Messiah was going to come and save them. They should not have told the people that, for they were reporting a part of the conversation we had with Moses on Mount Sinai. Since then, the Hebrews have been waiting for the arrival of the Messiah - and yet, he has already come.
ho took more, soon saw they had made a mistake and that they should have followed the advice of the Lord God, who was actually us.

The Hebrews did not take forty years to reach Canaan, but only three and a half years. Lastly, the story of Mount Sinai is almost true. We landed on the mountain so as not to be seen by the people. It was preferable at the time, for these simple people to believe in a God, rather than in extra-terrestrials who watched over them and helped them."

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Originally posted by Spartannic
While digging for ufo evidence in old manuscripts paintings and alot of other stuff i found some pics that clearly show unexplainable stuff so here i share it with u guys to debate about.

These images of two crusaders date from a 12th century manuscript " Annales Laurissenses" (volumes/books about historical and religion events)and refer to a UFO sighting in the year 776, during the siege on Sigiburg castle, France. The Saxons besieged and surrounded the French people. They both were fighting when suddenly a group of discs (flaming shields) appeared hovering over the top of the church. It appeared to the Saxons that the French were protected by these objects and the Saxons fled.

and then some more....

The above image comes from the 10th Century Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit text "Prajnaparamita Sutra", held at a Japanese museum. In the enlargement you can see two objects that look like hats, but why are they floating in mid air ? also one of them appears to have port holes on it. Indian Vedic texts are full of descriptions of Vimanas. The Ramayana describes Vimanas as a double decked, circular or cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with "the speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound".

I always believed that the most unexplainable was the ufo sightings of the past. All of those (hardcore)debunkers who blame everything to be photoshopped and stuff cant claim it on those old manuscripts an alike.
So with this thread i hope to get some more info on anything old that holds ufo tales or images .

try searching youtube you''ll find some smaal video's

[edit on 19-5-2007 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
here is another one of made about 40 miles from my birthplace.

This image is by flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ" It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Spartannic]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Assuming these are depictions of artificially created aircraft or spacecraft of some kind, what I find particularly interesting isn't that they are depicted at all, but rather that several show humanoid occupants inside the "craft."

Today we live in a world where the notion of humanoid beings piloting flying objects isn't at all unreasonable or beyond the scope of imagining, because we do it ourselves every day. Why would people of that era depict humanoid beings within such objects, though? Would they not be more likely to view bright lights or shining objects in the sky as omens, signs, or emanations of some higher power, rather than the vehicles of humanoid entities? The fact that these images depict "pilots" suggests that - if these are meant to be ancient UFO sighting depictions - people of the eras in question had some direct contact with or exposure to the occupants.

[edit on 5/19/2007 by AceWombat04]

[edit on 5/19/2007 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
They could also heard the story from legends and stories from their historians. To say that people from that time were in direct contact with EBEs is somewhat running to fast. But the point made that they most likely knew they where piloted is a mystery to me to . It seems that it goes way way back in to time. Maybe it was one of those Nostradamus-like guys who had a vision about UFO stuff a long time ago, But i am stay with guys who believe they are records of old sightings/encounters.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
These paintings and records throughout history are startling to say the least. If they are not EBE's it's probable that they are humans from the future. Exellent thread.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
And there is more to come i have some more pics on my GFs laptop and when she comes back i wil post those to. Those pictures are IMHO direct prove of humanoids flying before the Montgolfier brothers in 1783. Alien or timetravellers to me its al the same who they are. The only thing that seems pretty clear to me is that they dont belong in those pics.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Unbelievable, that all this time, back to the earliest days, there has been alien activity, and yet all we have are assumptions, low resolution pics and grainy, out-of-focus footage, and seemingly wild accusations about "them", whoever they might be. I have always believed, and always will, until that day. I still wonder what will happen then, when we all are presented with proof positive...what will the world's reaction be? I hope that we can all keep a cool head and realize that we are but a small fraction of life in the universe, and use this knowledge to create symbiosis between us and otherworldly races of beings.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
here is another one i found. I have no direct info on the picture , thoug it seems to me the picture shows a appearance of the Virgin Mary.

According to an ancient tradition, on the night of August 4, 352, the Virgin Mary appeared on the Esquiline Hill in Rome to Pope Liberius (352-66) and a Roman nobleman by the name of John. Her message was that they were to build a church in the honour on the spot where in the morning they would find snow outlining the form the basilica was to take. The promised snow appeared, plans were drawn up, and the first major church in Rome in honour of Mary was erected. And this painting was created and while they where at it they put in some ugly black dots to ruin the painting for future generations to come.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Dont u guys love the fact we are having a Ufo-thread without people saying all the time : Clearly Photoshopped !!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
no not photoshopped just completely misrepresented by ufology websites

alot of the pictures that have been posted in this thread are covered here www.sprezzatura.it...
www.sprezzatura.it...
www.sprezzatura.it...

[edit on 19-5-2007 by yeti101]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Dont u guys love the fact we are having a Ufo-thread without people saying all the time : Clearly Photoshopped !!

Yes, Love It!!! You guys aren't going to make me use a circle on this one right?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I do believe alot of those pics can be explained in an ordinary way. But since i have done alot of research in the field of ancient sightings i disagree with people who claim they are al bunk. To me it seems clear that things like this :

This is an illustration from a book "Ume No Chiri (Dust of Apricot)" published in 1803. A foreign ship and crew witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore) in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan this strange object. According to the explanation in the drawing, the outershell was made of iron and glass, and strange letters shown in this drawing were seen inside the ship. And come on exlpain to me what the thing could be exept a UFO ?
Does it say anywhere that it was seen flying?

It could be an unidentified object, but the only way of being a UFO is if it was seen flying.

I wonder why, when someone has a video of a UFO people think that it should be analysed by a video expert, if it is a photo then it should be analysed by a photo expert, but if it is a painting nobody thinks of getting it analysed by art experts.

In fact, those paintings were analysed many times by many art experts, but it looks like nobody is interested on their opinions.

PS: anyone can vote on that star rating system, we only have to click on the star we want to award to that post.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First i would like to thank all of you guys for letting me reach Leading topic for the first tim

And now back on topic.

The image of the book Ume No Chiri gets somewhat explained in the link that poster Sun Tsu posted up here. Here is the link for u.

Ume No Chiri explained

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join