It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear evidence of ufo sighting in 10th and 12th century manuscripts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
While digging for ufo evidence in old manuscripts paintings and alot of other stuff i found some pics that clearly show unexplainable stuff so here i share it with u guys to debate about.

These images of two crusaders date from a 12th century manuscript " Annales Laurissenses" (volumes/books about historical and religion events)and refer to a UFO sighting in the year 776, during the siege on Sigiburg castle, France. The Saxons besieged and surrounded the French people. They both were fighting when suddenly a group of discs (flaming shields) appeared hovering over the top of the church. It appeared to the Saxons that the French were protected by these objects and the Saxons fled.

and then some more....

The above image comes from the 10th Century Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit text "Prajnaparamita Sutra", held at a Japanese museum. In the enlargement you can see two objects that look like hats, but why are they floating in mid air ? also one of them appears to have port holes on it. Indian Vedic texts are full of descriptions of Vimanas. The Ramayana describes Vimanas as a double decked, circular or cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with "the speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound".

I always believed that the most unexplainable was the ufo sightings of the past. All of those (hardcore)debunkers who blame everything to be photoshopped and stuff cant claim it on those old manuscripts an alike.
So with this thread i hope to get some more info on anything old that holds ufo tales or images .

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is another one from 1350.

upper left enlarged

upper right enlarged

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Amazing pictures there :-)

I don't personaly think the UFO phenomonen is a new one. Saying that I wonder what people back in the 700's would have thought about UFO's. I doubt they would have saw them as an adavanced technology like we do today, but probably as something biblical or prophetic.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've always been intrigued by the old works of art with UFO's in them. I am sure that some can be explained but some cannot. This website has some really nice one's, you gotta check it out:

www.bibleufo.com...

What are the debuker arguments for some of the one's that have already been posted in this thread? I can already hear it, "of course that is not a UFO in that 16th Century painting, it is swamp gas and the other is flying seed pods". Hey listen, I know that there are loads of fake UFO pictures these days and I am truly a "prove it guy" but these old works of art may be the some of the best evidence. Too bad nobody is still around from those days. Thanks ATS!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
been posted here before but possibly some of the best ufo "pictures" in history.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
thx for the input mate. The above picture from etshrtslr shows a fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. Two objects with figures inside can be seen in the top left and top right of the fresco. Two enlargements of these objects are shown above. The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia
. Lets get some more in !!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moserious
I've always been intrigued by the old works of art with UFO's in them. I am sure that some can be explained but some cannot. This website has some really nice one's, you gotta check it out:

www.bibleufo.com...

What are the debuker arguments for some of the one's that have already been posted in this thread? I can already hear it, "of course that is not a UFO in that 16th Century painting, it is swamp gas and the other is flying seed pods". Hey listen, I know that there are loads of fake UFO pictures these days and I am truly a "prove it guy" but these old works of art may be the some of the best evidence. Too bad nobody is still around from those days. Thanks ATS!

for those guys i have a nice collection of old pictures with ufos in them i plan to post some more later this evening so flag the thread its going to get informative up here.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I know this stuff well but wonderful post
God Bless you for spreading the truth
they have been here for a long time
The Watchers

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
heres a other one yall outta know about.

The above painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called "The Annunciation" (1486) and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped object is shining a pencil beam of light down onto the crown of Mary's head. A Blow up of the object is under the painting.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
and what about this coin/medal found in france from 1680

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think these types of paintings and documents show some of the most convincing evidence of extraterrestrial visitors. Back in those days, it would be impossible to imagine someone flying in a craft like that. They would have no reason to create a hoax, so it seems to me as some of the most undeniable and solid evidence to date.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

The above painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called "The Annunciation" (1486) and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped object is shining a pencil beam of light down onto the crown of Mary's head. A Blow up of the object is under the painting.

Symbols in art mean different things to different cultures in different times. What looks like a UFO beaming a laser at the Virgin May to a 21st century audience was meant by the artist at the time to be circles of angels surrounding God and his light descending on Mary.

A lot of the above pictures are also poor internet copies of the originals, which makes UFO-looking objects appear. This is to say, many supposed UFOs in reproductions of paintings on-line actually look so because of poor digital reproduction. For instance, in the Virgin Mary particle beam picture, the "UFO" in the original is actually alternating rings of clouds and angles which have always represented God in sacred Catholic art. This is unseen because of the poor quality of the reproductions on the internet.

Please don't confuse ancient or medieval symbolism of sacred art with depictions of UFOs. Also please note that most paintings lose A LOT of detail when digitized an put up on the Web. Please check out this website for an explaination of how scholars interpret these "UFO evidence paintings". Most all of the paintings posted in this thread so far are discussed there.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by ArbitraryGuy]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that website, ArbitraryGuy. When I seen this thread I started looking for it again and sadly for some reason its not in my favorites.

Im glad someone had it

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well thats those old ufo paintings debunked, seems the UFO craze came about when TV became widesprad around the 50s.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

www.bibleufo.com...

All of those ancient images are not copyrighted are they? They are free for people to grab and use however they want? I want to make sure before I save some etc etc... Does anyone know?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArbitraryGuy

Originally posted by Spartannic

Symbols in art mean different things to different cultures in different times. What looks like a UFO beaming a laser at the Virgin May to a 21st century audience was meant by the artist at the time to be circles of angels surrounding God and his light descending on Mary.

A lot of the above pictures are also poor internet copies of the originals, which makes UFO-looking objects appear. This is to say, many supposed UFOs in reproductions of paintings on-line actually look so because of poor digital reproduction. For instance, in the Virgin Mary particle beam picture, the "UFO" in the original is actually alternating rings of clouds and angles which have always represented God in sacred Catholic art. This is unseen because of the poor quality of the reproductions on the internet.

Please don't confuse ancient or medieval symbolism of sacred art with depictions of UFOs. Also please note that most paintings lose A LOT of detail when digitized an put up on the Web. Please check out this website for an explaination of how scholars interpret these "UFO evidence paintings". Most all of the paintings posted in this thread so far are discussed there.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by ArbitraryGuy]

Great post. I can't speak for every single ancient piece of art that might have UFOs in them, but in general I believe that people are just seeing what they want to see and that the "UFOs" were originally meant to represent something else by the artist...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

www.bibleufo.com...

All of those ancient images are not copyrighted are they? They are free for people to grab and use however they want? I want to make sure before I save some etc etc... Does anyone know?

Classical works of art (as a general rule, anything before 1900) are NOT copyrighted.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I do believe alot of those pics can be explained in an ordinary way. But since i have done alot of research in the field of ancient sightings i disagree with people who claim they are al bunk. To me it seems clear that things like this :

This is an illustration from a book "Ume No Chiri (Dust of Apricot)" published in 1803. A foreign ship and crew witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore) in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan this strange object. According to the explanation in the drawing, the outershell was made of iron and glass, and strange letters shown in this drawing were seen inside the ship. And come on exlpain to me what the thing could be exept a UFO ?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

Looks kinda like Noah's Ark to me (it's shaped a little bit like a boat)...just some speculation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join