It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual bright green light in Perth, Australia (pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
just to clear a few points,
yes,pine gap(central oz) is a military installation, joint us/oz.
harold holt base(exmouth)supposedly decommisioned(although,
i believe the very most western point(vlahming head) is still active,
i may b wrong.
i have heard there is alarge anttenae arraingment outside of geralton
(i dont know 1st hand as i have not been up that way for quite some time)
but i do know that a plan is in place to build a ska antenna.
square kilometer array antenna
in the murchison area if what i hear is correct.
as to the topic of strange lights.
i have seen a few,
early one morn while fishing at whitehills(sth of mandurah) bout 4.30-5.00am
to the westrn horizon,lookin up at 'bout 35deg, i see a vey bright(almost fiery like)light ,pass from the sthwest to the nth, and dissappear.( only 'bout 30-40 sec)
it was more the way it appear'd and dissappeard(like it came into our dimension, and passed 2 anuther,)that was just the thought in my head directly after i seen it.
it travelled in a lateral motion, unlike falling debris
(i'm lookin out across the indian ocean)
more recently,
me and a co-worker,are driving thru falcon(suburb of mandurah)
bout 6.30 ish am and we both see this bright flash streaking across the sky
east to west, looked like ameteor to me(kind had what i would say was a
gaseous like tail(like a gas axe)as it travelled west(it was also travelling in a
parrallel direction to the ground)as apposed to a falling motion.
kinda like a plane would travell.
well, as it passed, it appeared to split in two out over the ocean.
i watched news and checked on the net, but never seen it mentioned.
but i do know, my co-worker still goes on about it,
the other sighting was just me n the dog, fishing
many a strange sighting occurs out west

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

Hmm wheres abouts in Perth? How far north?

No, not perth, a long way, about 1200 km at Exmouth. There has been sightings there but not a lot or frequent as far as I know. There was one report from an Aussie politician in 1970 I believe.

Hey but just a blink of the eye away for an ARV.

But honestly, looking at the photos alone I'd guess some sort of atmospheric anomaly, or are you saying the object leaving the trail was a geometric shape, that of a cylinder?

[edit on 17-5-2007 by squiz]

Yes to me it clearly looked like a cylinder with what can only be described as after glow when it moved very weird

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well if your honest, no disrespect intended. You'd have to call it a UFO in the literal sense. While green fireballs have been around for a while, there considered natural events either metorites or space junk and act like a meteor.
Way to north for Aurora effect, if it was that would suggest some disturbance in the magnectic field.
Laser theory could be good. I'm not suggesting it's this but I found this very interesting.
Plasma Laser: UFO Maker?

So keep lookin.

Thanks for the info sponge, I hadn't the realised the naval base was decommisioned. I imagine you still couldn't get in there right? There's hotels right next to it so it so... damm, the only secret base we know about is Pine Gap.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
Here's the EXIF data from the second image. The shutter speed is 1/8 of second, so most of what we are seeing here is motion blur. The color is interesting, and it doesn't look like a meteor, but it could be space debris. We'll need more information to rule that out, as well as the original 3702 by 2304 images, not thhe 800 b y 600 shown in imageshack.

Flickr or Picasa will let you upload full-size images.

Is there any other way to upload the orig. pics without signing up for something?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranialspunge
me and a co-worker,are driving thru falcon(suburb of mandurah)
bout 6.30 ish am and we both see this bright flash streaking across the sky
east to west, looked like ameteor to me(kind had what i would say was a
gaseous like tail(like a gas axe)as it travelled west(it was also travelling in a parrallel direction to the ground)as apposed to a falling motion.
kinda like a plane would travell.
well, as it passed, it appeared to split in two out over the ocean.

From a transcript of a conference on the green fireballs at Los Alomos 1949.

I choose to describe the only one of the incident that I was personally a witness to. It is the only one of the incidents that I am in a position to vouch for on the basis of experience, dating from 1915, as a member of the American Meteor Society, was most certainly not a conventional meteorite fall. It was the so-called Starvation Peak incident on the night of December 12, 1948. Time of observation around 9:02 P.M., plus or minus 30 seconds. This fireball appeared in full intensity instantly - there was no increase in light. Its color, estimated to be somewhere around wave length 5200 engstroms, was a hue green, or yellow green, such as I had never observed in meteor falls before. The path was as nearly horizontal as one could determine by visual observation. We have a photograph which might be some liters of departure from horizontal. The trajectory was traverse at, I am inclined to believe, constant angular velocity. Just before the end of the path there was the very slightest drooping of the path, that is the green fireball broke into fragments, still bright green.

Source

I did say it's considered natural but thats not necessarily true.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Icedtang...when it left....it was a quick thing right?

It's just because all these posts about space junk and meteors is not jiving with what you saw if it's the same thing I saw. If these folks saw it them selves they'd understand but, it's very hard to get that accross to folks that don't get the movement so much of the object.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
Is there any other way to upload the orig. pics without signing up for something?

It depends on what information you are afraid to give out. I signed up for a basic Flickr account without giving them anything other than an anonymized e-mail address. When I wanted to upgrade to Pro, I had to use my credit card, but you won't need a Pro account.

BTW, you should post ALL the images you took that evening, not just the ones that show the green streak.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dear IcedTeng,

How about report it to your local authority and community? And start doing sky watch?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The description and pictures appear to be similar to those of rocket exhaust or rockets whch emit barium for ionospheric studies.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
The description and pictures appear to be similar to those of rocket exhaust or rockets whch emit barium for ionospheric studies.

Ok, so it is military weapon testing or some sort. Do Australia has it?

Is it detectable by radar by other countries, say Russia or China?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You guys are missing a very key point in your suggestions of what it was.
If I understand his sighting as I saw mine, It wasn't a trail the whole time. It was an object before it had a sudden trail and zipped out.

All these suggestions are plausable under certain circumstances but i'm not sure they fit what he saw.

Am I right Ice?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WAZZIT32
You guys are missing a very key point in your suggestions of what it was.
If I understand his sighting as I saw mine, It wasn't a trail the whole time. It was an object before it had a sudden trail and zipped out.

All these suggestions are plausable under certain circumstances but i'm not sure they fit what he saw.

Am I right Ice?

Your right, i'm pretty sure it wasn't a rocket or something it was really weird

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I took this pic yesterday. It's probably the sun hitting off the camera but thought I'd post it here & ask, just to make sure. What do you think?
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z53/wigit_photo/SV202564.jpg[/ IMG]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just a heads up. Starstuff, a space related show on ABC newsradio, has something about strange green lights on it's show tonight.
It's on at about 7.30pm E.S.T. You can also download it as a podcast, later.

abc.net.au...

[edit on 25-5-2007 by fingapointa]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Did anyone watch it? What did they say? Any good footage?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
it's radio. It hasn't been played yet. i doubt it will be much.
You should be able to download it, in the next day or so from the link i posted earlier.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by fingapointa]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone listened to the link I posted earlier, but, in a nutshell,
it was about a different sighting in Darwin.
Too far north for the southern lights. Interesting. They put it down to weather phenomena at sunset. Hmmm.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by fingapointa]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm in perth and one of my cousins said that they saw a strange green light as well, they are located in ballajura don't know if that is near you or not, since i am located in south of the river.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm in Adelaide and in mid-1990's I ran a Venturer Scout (14-18 YO's) camp on a beach south of the city. The whole camp, plus at least 600 other people, saw strange green lights out over the sea.

The lights were in the form of two sets of circles side-by-side. Each set consisted of two circles, one inside the other, making four circles in all. The inner circles were about 90% of the diameter of the outer circles and the outer diameter would have been about 30 metres. From our height above the sea, I estimate their distance to be about 4-6 Km from the coast.

They were the same green colour as depicted in the photos from Perth. They sat stationary above the water and slowly reduced in intensity to just above the vison threshhold and then increased in intensity until they produced the slightest reflection. Finally they just winked out. They did not flicker in the slightest and so could not have been cryolume tubes on string.

The sighting was reported in the papers of the day but, as usual, no follow-up occurred.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join