It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple and effective movement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Time and time again, the US government repeats itself, telling you why you should be afraid.

It's unquestionable that the terror threat levels, 'what if' terror drills, and rhetoric used by the current administration is being used to keep the public afraid.

Historically this has been used many times by dictators to keep the public obedient.

I want to start a movement, and with your help it may just work.
It needs YOU

It's very simple, it's not against the law by any means, and it will brighten your day in the process.

Laugh.

Thats right! Laughter.

-Laugh every time you see the terror threat level.
-Laugh every time you hear news about being monitored.
-Laugh every time they say anything about their war.

Eventually, it will catch on, and the people in power will notice the people laughing... they can't use the rhetoric as a threat anymore.

Laughter is good for you, helps you think clearly... if there really is something to worry about, it's better to have a clear head on your shoulders.

Not only does this tell your government that you refuse to be kept down. It also tells the terrorists that you are not afraid.

It's a simple thing. But it's a win-win solution to all of the fear mongering we have seen from ALL sides.

And even if it is forced laughter... it will make your day, and those around you, a little brighter!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds fun! I'm in! I'll tell everyone I know to follow suit.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The more I think of it, the more I realize just how simple, and effective this is.

Not only does it tell your government that you refuse to be a pawn of fear-mongering, it also sends a clear message to the terrorist groups that the people of the free world aren't afraid. Fear, is of course the tool of terrorism.

It's good for you, it makes people smile. It clears your mind, and sends a clear message, "We refuse to fear you".

new topics

join