It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pos. Explaination of anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have been thinking of one of the anomalies mentioned in "9/11 Mysteries". In the film, they mention about the slurry walls and how could they have been blown into the basements (not fully but almost).

Ok, I've been thinking about this and couldn't figure out anything other than explosions. But, I think I have figured it out. The falling debris would cause an overburden surcharge to the adjacent soil when it hit the ground around the towers. This, I believe, would be enough of a force to cause the slurry/basement walls to cave in.

If anyone wants me to do some rudamentary calcs, let me know. I do think this would be enough of a force though. Basement walls and retaining walls usually have a factor of safety of 2 for overturning and 1.5 for sliding. Both would be taken into account with an added surcharge. I believe the surcharge would have been more than enough to overcome the factor of safety for these walls.

This is just a theory and if anyone would like to add anything, please do.

See, I can be unbiased at times. An explaination that doesn't include explosions.

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Griff]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
-dang twitchy today - see below

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmmm... took a geology class once, think I recall that the bedrock for the area is glacial till, mostly granite? I dould see force being directed down, over and up and all through the ground - enough lateral vibration could push walls in. Makes sense to me.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
Hmmm... took a geology class once, think I recall that the bedrock for the area is glacial till, mostly granite? I dould see force being directed down, over and up and all through the ground - enough lateral vibration could push walls in. Makes sense to me.

Do you know how far down the bedrock was? I don't know off hand. Plus, you just got me thinking that I'd need to know the design of the walls to be sure that there was sufficient soil to cause a surcharge. Plus, since the slurry walls held back the river, I'm assuming that the soil would be in the saturated state. The water would add more to the surcharge I believe. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join