It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-Russia relationship moves steadily downhill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
U.S.-Russia relationship moves steadily downhill

President George W. Bush may have liked what he saw when he first peered into Vladimir Putin's soul nearly six years ago. Yet while Bush was looking away, the sunnier horizon he sought with Russia turned cloudy.
Testy, suspicious and defined by misunderstandings and perceived hurts, the relationship between the Cold War powers has worsened steadily on Bush's watch.

A worried Bush has dispatched Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for fence-mending with Moscow this coming week, just three weeks after a similar mission by Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Bush also called Putin on Thursday.

Dunno.. but seems to me Mr Bush could be anything but worried when dealing with either/or Russia & China.
In my mind, they sit back in the background observing and offering no support that I could read. As if they see blood, when this US President has no meekness or susceptibility to foreign hidden withdrawal?

Dallas

The story:
www.chinapost.com.tw...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the next administration will repair most of the damage our buffoon-in-chief has done. Then again, Putin is no saint either. But we don't need a numbskull in both countries.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Could be just me, but they could have shown a lot more support to this President. Surely your right the next will smooth-en the path but I can't understand when blood is smelled how often the strong will try to capitalize.

Dallas

join