It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats outside our universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Imagine if you will, that our Universe is a giant bubble of galaxies, stars and planets, all connected by the properties that govern science.

The universe is theorized to have formed due to the big bang. When this occurred, universal expansion happened and at present we can barely measure to the edge.

The edge of our universe, in the sense that physically, all galaxies are behind the captured shot.. Would presumably be void of light and all other forms that science can explain. Light traveling outwards at the speed of light into desolate space would encounter a phenomena which is the opposite of an understood black hole, space expanding, light bounced/reflected, gravity pushed from behind by the galaxies etc.

If you could physically be on the edge or slightly over, you'd probably look back to see earth in a billion years time, most probably a lifeless rock or destroyed. So what if you looked out?
Firstly, galaxies that may have possibly burnt out since the big bang would be on the edge and without sufficient driving force, can neither push outwards alone due to expansion behind it nor stay uniform. Once the galaxies/suns/planets reach this stage they drift apart and form a wall of debris/matter thats only held in position by the driving force behind it. Mew space needs to expand, so the debris will pull apart outwards on the atomic->nano level, eroding the debris until it forms an even layer of what ever has broken down and formed against the wall of the void. This wall is basically the skin of our universe, dead matter broken down to the origin form.
Note: The string theory would suggest the make up of everything way way beyond the nano level. Dead matter hitting the void would break down physical form into string form. Therefore if string theory is plausible, my idea of a 'dead skin edge' would mean in simple terms, nothing is visible what so ever as none of the strings are governed by the laws of science.

So the edge of our universe is a layer of strings built up by the D.E.ing of everything. This continues as expansion continues etc.

Now thats great right? Lets suggest theres more than 1 universe, say theirs 2. Both expanding in the void and suddenly they meet and collide. First the layers of base level origin collide and mix, one universe pushing its layer into the other and vice versa. As both environments mix, massive amounts of un-written strings are pushed inwards by the massive opposing forces. As each enters active systems/galaxies it is pulled towards the densest area (black hole) and ripped inwards from unknown distances. Un-written strings which destablised at the edge of the universe, caught by the strongest force, pulled inwards and on contact bind with other strings to build upon the dense force. The sudden charge of density caused by this event pushes the black hole beyond its equilibrium and the strings literally collapse (this occurs in 1000's of locations where the two universes met). The collapse causes a snap that pulls galaxies towards each other trying to fill the hole left behind, this sets off a chain reaction, systems filling the empty space pull strings inwards from the edge, same collapse occurs.
So you have 2 sides, holes in the middle, its pulling together, tighter and tighter, each time trigging the same event. This continues for some time all the debris strings have attached themselves and collapsed. Once they are gone, both sides still move together to fill the hole, at some point, multiple black holes on the edge of galaxies will pass through into the puncture and as the dead mass erroded on the edge of the universe, the black holes expanded violently, exploded, against each other with a force unimaginable that engulfed the entire universes, fusing everything in its path, causing immediate inwards drag to form a singularity where thereafter, the mutation of celestial bodies starts to boil until the grand moment, when the Big Bang went off.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by sharplaya77]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What if there were multiple big bangs in a superuniverse. What if each univere had its own big bang. I know it seems way out there, but it was several hundred years ago the Earth was said to be flat. So I guess anything is possible. Just a theory.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What is beiond the multiuniverse?
Does it all end some where?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I use to have a theory that all the verses were part of some infinite shell, like the universe
is among an infinite amount of other universes in the Multiverse, and the Multiverse was
one of an infinite amount of Multiverses within the Hyperverse ad infinitum.

It makes sense in some odd way, not so sure about it anymore though.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by pepsi78

I use to have a theory that all the verses were part of some infinite shell, like the universe
is among an infinite amount of other universes in the Multiverse, and the Multiverse was
one of an infinite amount of Multiverses within the Hyperverse ad infinitum.

It makes sense in some odd way, not so sure about it anymore though.

Well that does not make sence, life is present only in the universe but not present in the multiverse as in planets , life only exists in the universe?
So you have to go down in ranking -hiperverse - multivers - universe to find life?
It's dificult to beilive that from all the layers we are the last one that meaning the universe, what are the chances of that hapening since everything is infinite.
Even at the universe level we are the last layer as in universe>galaxy>solar sistem>planet, but from a infinite layer or how should I call them, things? , there is a small posibility for that to happen.

Infinite of things >superverse>hyperverse>multiverse>universe>us
Because the chances of us being the last layer from a infinite posibility of things there are problems of that happening, what are the chances?
As long as I know there is nothing like a sub universe, so that places us on the last position from an infinite number of "things"
So maybe it's just this universe and maybe just a multiverse ?
Also adding a multiverse reduces the chances of us being on the last layer.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Actually,we must not imagine “expansion“ of the Universe - as some kind of galaxies running through space - that what is expanding is fabric of space time.

Agreed. Also to the rest of your post. I was just simplifying things for those readers who aren't as scientifically hip as you are.

Having said that, it must be added that the data we have so far leave room for a very wide variety of models and interpretations. The trick is to learn to distinguish between what is possible in terms of the data and what is not -- there are some models which just don't work.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
more universes

we think our universe started with a singularity

we think our universe contains many black holes

we think black holes contain singularities

even using 4d this is real easy to contemplate

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Possible theory

Nothing is there it is like the blank drive of a quantum computer.
Data = (energy+time) is still waiting to be written to.
So our consiousness can interpite and maniplate the results in order to make 'the programe - you ' run better.

Just a theory.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Whoah, I'm way impressed with that last post, i have thought about this sort of stuff before. I thought I was a philosophising dreamer. Maybe i am.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There is no such thing as NOTHING. You cant say nothing is on the other side. Please explain "nothing" to me.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
There is no such thing as NOTHING.

Why do you imagine this to be the case?

The concept of zero was invented in India thousands of years ago.

Perhaps you could explain what you mean at slightly greater length?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
There is more universe. "Nothing is, everything is changing" I love that quote.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Unless im complete mistaken Universe = space-time. Now as we are beings within this space-time we can not travel outside space-time, as far as I am aware of without suddenly not being anymore.

I fail to see the logic of how something that is not could be or how something that is would not be anymore. Even if we would be able to bend or manipulate space-time to go outside it without not being anymore? So in essence anything that is even if it changes its form and composition cant just stop being all together.

Theres articles about even black holes, the massive eaters of everything of spewing out plasma at near lightspeed speeds from the poles of the anomaly. I mean even that thing cant make stuff to not be anymore, its simply transforming its composition to plasma and who knows what as we cant really go in and take a peak unless we can negate the massive "gravity" of the black hole.

Im not saying I claim to know how everything works im just saying for me something to be outside our existance makes about much sense as "A single god" that made _everything_ in his/her/its infinate wisdom. That dont ofcourse mean that it wouldnt be possible that either of both of those things could be a reality. They just arent the one I live in.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ahh yes nothing gets the mind boggling like a question about space.
My personal favourite question is where does space end? Is it just a wall at the end? And whats beyond the wall!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
Ahh yes nothing gets the mind boggling like a question about space.
My personal favourite question is where does space end? Is it just a wall at the end? And whats beyond the wall!

Universe is all there is!
There is no outside....

Also, Universe is not expanding “into“....it is just the expansion of space itself...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A pool of lights, so bright you would be hypnotized, by the very notion that it is not dark in space but very well lit up, like a Christmas tree.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by earth2
There is no such thing as NOTHING.

Why do you imagine this to be the case?

The concept of zero was invented in India thousands of years ago.

Perhaps you could explain what you mean at slightly greater length?

I cant understand "nothing". If there is nothing there that doesnt make sense. Even darkness is something because its there. But what if the dark is gone then what. Very confusing.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh, man... Life... It just gets to you. You think about what may be outside our Universe, when we don't really even know whats in it. My take on things is that we all don't really exist, but, we are just here. I have no idea what that means, I should just be studying for exams... Oh well. But life is complex, and, well, I really don't understand our purpose because in reality (whatever that is) we just are born, we live, and we die. Another question could be, what happens to us when we die? Fun stuff, I dunno...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just like if you were turn the lights out in your house, eventually you would see light because your eyes would adjust to the light along with your consciousness.A lot of light particles moving around, swirling around in waves of motion.Everything is in motion, just slowed down in our speed so we can observe gravity/time.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beigeboy
Oh, man... Life... It just gets to you. You think about what may be outside our Universe, when we don't really even know whats in it. My take on things is that we all don't really exist, but, we are just here. I have no idea what that means, I should just be studying for exams... Oh well. But life is complex, and, well, I really don't understand our purpose because in reality (whatever that is) we just are born, we live, and we die. Another question could be, what happens to us when we die? Fun stuff, I dunno...

You move out of this universe/phase state to another one, amongst the stars is where you will be.Whats out there is the Universal Energy source, the binding force that keeps everything together.God presence, is what you would be feeling a euphoric state beyond earths comprehension, a visual flux of energy happens out there, your spirit takes charge.Think of all those different galaxies, as pools of energy to dip yourself into.Each one with its own euphoric field of vibration or resonance.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by menguard]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join