It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida is On Fire!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Bible says something about the world ending by FIRE the second time
around. Maybe it's not all at once, but gradually as small fires escalate
global warming which causes more and larger fires each season, until
eventually...?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
The Bible says something about the world ending by FIRE the second time
around. Maybe it's not all at once, but gradually as small fires escalate
global warming which causes more and larger fires each season, until
eventually...?

The Bible is just a book written by men, over the years, for the control of the masses. The Bible does have some excellent stories and moral lessons, but is to often used, in a self serving way to manipulate willing groups of individuals, by a corrupt few. IMO.

Back on the topic......Florida fires are just going to have to burn themselves out, because that is what usually transpires with fires of this magnitude.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is horrible man. I'm thinking the same by looking more into it. Are these fires realy just forrest fires or also in the middle of the cities?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, they named the first tropical storm of the season today so don't worry too much WW, The hurricanes are on the way to put out the fires

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes today I could stare at the sun.. Most the day it was just this perfect red circle in the sky.. Pretty wild.. I thought it was just cloudy out today, and was going to rain.. To my amazment, florida is on fire.

I dont watch much Tv, I heard about the some of the fires north of florida.. But have been busy working inside.. I dont see much daylight as it is.. So seeing the sun as it was, I knew something was up, so I came on to check it out here...
Thanks for the map of all those fires... dang!! Is this normal for a florida year? at one time? I havent had time to read everything yet about this, so more later..

Edit:added text

[edit on 10-5-2007 by zysin5]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don't worry, we'll get rain. Last year I predicted a slow year that would possibly hit higher up the east coast if anything. I'm predicting a powerful hurricane season this year...

LOL! Well, don't worry Florida, the hurricane season will put the fires out!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm in South Florida just south of Fort Lauderdale. A couple of days ago the smoke moved in pretty heavy and people were being told to stay indoors as much as possible. That storm off the coast was pushing the smoke right into our area from GA and North Florida. It was supposed to get worse but it's actually cleared up now.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
ive been seeing the smoke for the past 2 days, and there arent any fires in my city. I don't know about all the places with fires, but we had a crazy rainstorm with lightning and everything a few days ago, complete with penny sized hail.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
ive been seeing the smoke for the past 2 days, and there arent any fires in my city. I don't know about all the places with fires, but we had a crazy rainstorm with lightning and everything a few days ago, complete with penny sized hail.

hail?where do you live..if i may ask

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
I'm in South Florida just south of Fort Lauderdale. A couple of days ago the smoke moved in pretty heavy and people were being told to stay indoors as much as possible. That storm off the coast was pushing the smoke right into our area from GA and North Florida. It was supposed to get worse but it's actually cleared up now.

Hello sir, im in miami and im seeing the smoke, but its getting better now, I just saw the satellite pics you guys showed and the wind seems to be pushing it into a westerly direction.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Well, they named the first tropical storm of the season today so don't worry too much WW, The hurricanes are on the way to put out the fires

I think its a depression now and not much help, more wind than rain. As for the rest of the hurricane season, I'm not looking forward to it. I'll take rain, but the winds I can do without.

btw did anyone notice those really dark clouds last night, I was in north lauderdale and you could smell the smoke. This morning is better though, but what happens is after being outside in it for a while we tend to get accustomed to smell and dont realize how noticeable it is.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i right around Orlando area, and there was hail over the weekend.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
^^wow..i didnt know that..I know yesterday i thought it was quite clear..not alot of smoke. But I heard alot of people complaining about how how bad it smelled and that they could see it....maybe they are just more sensitive to it than myself...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I live in Port Charlotte, by the small harbor south of the larger Tampa Bay on the west coast. Within the last couple of hours it has gotten very smoky again. Take a look at this visible loop, it shows Andrea sucking the smoke from the Florida Georgia border, out into the gulf, and straight over us, down into and through Miami. Fascinating!

GOES - Floater visible

edit: grammer

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Quasar]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It looks like Andrea is fanning the fires. I sure hope she dumps rain on them soon for everyones sake, because those increased wind velocities can not be helping the situation.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
WorldWatcher, if you are still living in South Florida please be very carefull. Do keep large quantities of water reserved because this year is going to be extremely bad in water shortages down there, at least potable water.

If you have family or friends who live outside of Florida, do try to stay in good terms with them and ask them if you can move with them if things get really bad down in Florida.

This year is going to be extremely bad for the southern states, more so for Florida. You might see people fighting for water bottles this summer like never before.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I live in North Central Florida and since this afternoon it has been very smoky outside. Not sure where the source of the fire is coming from.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yes in Pasco County it was like fog of war or some shyt.

I am also predicting an active hurricane season, Tampa under 8 ft of water like on TBO.com's model. None last year + glitch weather more than usual = 29 hurricanes. I just hope our property doesn't decrease in value. Or the lake in my back yard doesn't become my living room. Or I don't lose power for 8 days 4 separate times again.

Florida sucks don't move here.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A year later and once again Florida is on Fire.

Since I haven't seen too much coverage on ATS about the recent fires in my lovely state, let me get you up to date:

88 Fires Burning Across Florida Causing Smoky Conditions

Smoky Conditions Linger as Wildfires Rip Through Everglades in South Florida

Police arrest man in connection in Florida wildfires

Florida wildfires damage 160 homes

The latest evacuations as of today:
Fire in Lake Co. forces evacuation of about 140 homes

Here in Broward, it hasn't been too bad, hazy conditions and I believe it was Monday morning when I last smelled the smoke the strongest. Central Florida obviously has it worse than us, though we have the Everglades fire to our south. I can only hope we start getting some of those tropical rains (without the wind) soon. As for the arsonists involved, throw the book at them!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join