It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and gentlemen, how do you like my new avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think it looks awesome, the green backround was getting dull, it looks nice. Got a Russian soldier with an SVD sniper rifle atop a BTR-80 armored personal carrier.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I like it, but the writting in red is a little hard to read. But otherwise i like it.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes, It's a nice photo, but the red isn't doing it. Maybe something brighter or darker. Perhaps yellow?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I could try a brighter red, I'd prefer red, because this color relates to Russia, hmmm yellow would be easy to read, but I don't think it would look good. If ya'll could suggest me a good color that I like I could put it in. I'd like a color that will fit in with the picture

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Since blue is in Russia's flag, why dont you try a navy blue?? That will probably look good.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I did it, though I had to change the color 4 times because it was too light. Wow, I went from 10,000 points to 2,400 points in one day, maintaining a nice avatar sure is expensive

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Russian soldier]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ah yes. A first background image.

There are a few things that you should have taken into account. Things like the location of your username and profile information.

Background images can be made any reasonable length, not restricted to 320 pixels. So you should center it that the main figure in it starts below your username, etc.

Also, you might want to try putting a transparent avatar in front of the background image. You do this by putting up an avatar that is clear. You will not see it, but it will provide extra space between the top and bottm of your profile information.

You can use this one here....

i45.photobucket.com...

I can't post it normally, as you will not see it because it is transparent.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
HERE HERE!!

I agree with Mechanic!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
And maybe perhaps try black as a text color, as it hurts my eyes trying to read your name, lol.

And perhaps if you ever decide to revise your background image to better suit your profile info, something like this would work much better...(it should look better in that your username would be clearly visible)

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips Mechanic, I will put up that invisible avatar.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
And maybe perhaps try black as a text color, as it hurts my eyes trying to read your name, lol.

And perhaps if you ever decide to revise your background image to better suit your profile info, something like this would work much better...(it should look better in that your username would be clearly visible)

lol, ok if I ever get back to 10,000 points, I will use that one. Then I will be able to use black text, with the current one, black test will be very hard to see.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ask a supermod or admin to do it for you...it's pretty much the same image.

[edit on 5/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Anyone think the points system is a bit...erm...expensive?

I mean I think you should like unlock features just once and then you can use them forever. I mean its annoying if I like make a mistake I'm just afraid to do it.

I know that would be a drastic change but meh...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Anyone think the points system is a bit...erm...expensive?

I mean I think you should like unlock features just once and then you can use them forever. I mean its annoying if I like make a mistake I'm just afraid to do it.

I know that would be a drastic change but meh...

Agreed, lost 8,000 points today
if we get alot of new fun threads soon (which we will I'm sure) I might get like a 1000 points within a month. Wow, within one month. Or I can always do special things to try to get applouses

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
yeah i dig it.!! the dude is hot !

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
great new Avatar there RS!! changing the subject, Ive seen your pics with you holding an air-rifle which look cool. Which model is it?? I own .22 Weihrauch with scope, silencer and stand, but its all wrapped up and hardly ever gets used!!

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nice avatar.
I like it,good job.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
great new Avatar there RS!! changing the subject, Ive seen your pics with you holding an air-rifle which look cool. Which model is it?? I own .22 Weihrauch with scope, silencer and stand, but its all wrapped up and hardly ever gets used!!

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Kurokage]

Its a Gamo Hunter 220 .177 single shot air rifle that shoots 1000ft per second and comes with a 4x32 BSA scope

top topics

join