It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prophecy FAC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I for one, am not participating in the PTS elections anymore, so I am withdrawing. However this election has brought me some proud moments and many not so great ones. If you want a real campaign, make it good. Plus, the campaign won't get anything done. Remember, since you cannot be critical of your opponents and that you have to hold yourself to a certain integrity level you have to recant some of your beliefs.

I have been a victim of the fantasy that I would be running and that I would actually get something done but now as I see it this is more of a conspiracy because the people that get elected will not be able to pass legislation, and I think that the board made the election so that the members who are running may make a fool out of themselves.

So, take these words of advice carefully.

Plus additionally, I see a global vast conspiracy so that this election will blame all of the worlds problems on the electros and the elected.

Don't get your hopes up, I too was once naive.

I don't want to bash the Presidential hopefuls, or make it seem like I am bashing them, but I once felt great but now as I realize it I just want normal involvment in ATS.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Maverickhunter]

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
MaverickHunter,

I'll be quite candid about this, you are not withdrawing, you were withdrawn by ATS staff for violation of the T&C. If this is an attempt to garner public attention for your own ego, then please drop the act.

I'll leave this thread up as people are entitled to their opinions of the ATS Elections. We certainly did not create it so people would make fools out of themselves, in fact many are taking this quite seriously - podcasting and creating their own websites to name but two activities I find very impressive.

...because the people that get elected will not be able to pass legislation...

Your above quote is confusing to say the least. You are aware the ATS Elections are specific to this community and are in no way a precursor to you joining an official office?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

MaverickHunter,
I'll be quite candid about this, you are not withdrawing, you were withdrawn by ATS staff for violation of the T&C. If this is an attempt to garner public attention for your own ego, then please drop the act.

I have no ego. My ego has been defeated long ago.
I know that no candidate is going to respond to this post because they think "If I respond to this post it'll damage my campaign and this Maverickhunter guy is getting annoying."
The ATS Candidates are not my friends on ATS, and I have lost friends.

Thus, I have had more problems when I was an ATS candidate than when I was not, when I was an PTS candidate I was even post-banned, and I got attacked by a few for mistakes I did not condone or for misapprehensions.

It was blurring my vision and making it hard for me to see the truth, that all politicians lie, and that I had trouble making promises that were more than just feakle-matter (sp)?

I know none of the Candidates will respond to this, as none did to my thread except for Iori.

So, if it is an attempt to gain public attention I'd have violated all of the rules of the internet.

i131.photobucket.com...

It would be an act that would prove these rules to be true. These are the rules of the internet. Plus, it would also make a fool out of myself.

3. We are anonymous
4. Anonymous is legion
5. Anonymous never forgives
7. anonymous is still able to deliver
11. All of your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored
12. Anything you say can and will be used against you
13. Anything you say can be turned into something else-fixed
15. The harder you try the more you will fail
16. If you fail in epic proportions, it may just become a winning failure
17. Every win fails eventually
19. The more you hate it the stronger it gets

The site that has those rules are the rules that I take by heart, and even though it doesn't have to do with ATS rules, if I were to do this for public attention it would violate them. So, and therefore since it did violate them, I wouldn't post this topic.

I'll leave this thread up as people are entitled to their opinions of the ATS Elections. We certainly did not create it so people would make fools out of themselves, in fact many are taking this quite seriously - podcasting and creating their own websites to name but two activities I find very impressive.

I gave up because it was a waste of my time, I am about as serious about the elections as the next person, but then I saw that I didn't need to worry about it because it was making me lose friends.

...because the people that get elected will not be able to pass legislation...

Your above quote is confusing to say the least. You are aware the ATS Elections are specific to this community and are in no way a precursor to you joining an official office?

I said what I said and I have no regrets. People were under the impression that they would be able to change the world and that they would be President of the United States and have all of the powers of the President, that was THEIR MISTAKE, NOT MINE.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I have no ego. My ego has been defeated long ago.
I know that no candidate is going to respond to this post because they think "If I respond to this post it'll damage my campaign and this Maverickhunter guy is getting annoying."
The ATS Candidates are not my friends on ATS, and I have lost friends.

Mav, let me tell you how bad I feel that you've been dropped from the running. I do wish you the best, no matter what. It would have been a blast to have debated you in front of all of ATS for the ATS presidential election. I was quite looking forward to it. But alas, that's not to be. I would still like to call you my friend, regardless of what you did to get dropped.

Do I feel that by replying that I damage my chances any? Not at all, since what anyone thinks of me is irrelevant. The point here is to have fun, and to try and do something that's good for the ATS public at large. We're here to bring people together, not segregate them like the ACTUAL politicians do. All the ATS Pres will do is be a voice for the ATS crowd. I only hope that I get that chance.

However, if ya don't like me, don't vote for me. I couldn't care less whether someone likes me for who I am or not. All that I ask is that people let my actions speak louder than my words.

For Freedom,
TheBorg

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

1.) I'm responding, and I don't think it'll damage my campaign in the least.
2.) I never considered you annoying, just competition.
3.) I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the election.

The ATS election is an excercise in many aspects. For one, it's forced a lot of people to confront their personal political viewpoints and justify them in the face of the public. It's made many people sit down and seriously consider how they feel about each platform. Some of us have drawn up elaborate documentation about our platforms, how we'd like to implement those policies, and why we feel they will work. Non-candidates who decide to read the answers to each QFAC are given fresh and eloquent perspectives on political issues they might not have otherwise considered. Blind-party voters may find themselves a bit more skeptical of towing the party line, and cynical non-voters may find reason to be inspired enough to vote. The standards we hold each other to in this election are echoes of what we wish candidates would do in the real world.

For you, this election may be a conspiracy, a joke, or an insult to your personal beliefs, but to me it is a shining example of the excellent calibre of character we have on ATS. It is an intellectual excercise of the most altruistic intent, and educates both candidates and voters. I couldn't ask for a better forum, and I am sorry you feel otherwise.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hello the Libra. I see that you think that I think that the election is some sort of conspiracy. No, I do not think that. I think that I put my heart and soul in that topic and then I got disqualified for making an inappropriate comment. I was given the chance to apologize, but that would not effect the point that I was disqualified from the campaign either way regardless. Yes, The Bord, I would have loved to have debated with you, but during my campaigning I lost three very important things on ATS: Friends on ATS, the ability to access the chat, and credibility.

new topics

top topics

join