It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Hard 4 Disneyfied.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.aintitcool.com...

Well it's not getting a G rating, it's getting a PG-13 rating which for this franchise is the exact same thing.

"In June's VANITY FAIR, it states that Bruce Willis was initially
disappointed that his fourth DIE HARD film will likely be cut to get a PG-13
rating rather than an R. 'I really wanted this one to live up to the promise
of the first one, which I always thought was the only really good one.' And
he's not happy about it. 'That's a studio decision that is becoming more and
more common, because they're trying to reach a broader audience. It seems
almost a courageous move to give a picture an R rating these days. But we
still made a pretty hardcore, smashmouth film.'"

:shk:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
what crap....

People listen up... There's nothing wrong with R rated movies. If you have children and don't want them to see it, then don't let them see it.
Take control of your children and put the fear of God in them, so that if you tell them not to do something, then they won't do it.

If you don't like the violence and such yourself, then don't watch it. Go watch Gunsmoke or something, oh wait there's violence in that too, gun fights and fist fights..

hmm whats the difference....

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The decision not to make "R" rated movies isn't an ethical or moral delemna. It's purely a financial one. "R" rated movies require a drivers license, and one to be an adult, or accompanied by an adult, in order to see it.

What this means is that the "R" rated movies generate fewer ticket sales than "PG-13" movies, where children may buy their own ticket, unaccompanied by an adult.

Meaning, you sell more tickets with a lower rating.

It really has nothing to do with being worried about the children's minds, it's being worried about the children not spending enough money on your movie.

T'was a time movies were in the business to entertain, and the cost of an artists message was the rating it received, and the only real compromises one usually made was to lower the film from an "X" rating to an "R" rating. Nowadays, the compromise from "R" to "PG-13" is standard business practice, and to hell with the artists' message.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My parents took me to see Saturday Night Fever when I was little and my mom just put her hand over my eyes when they were having sex in the car.

As far as this movie goes, there can still be quite a bit of violence in a PG-13 movie, but since I'm not really expecting to see any nudity in a Die Hard movie, the rating doesn't really bother me.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Imagine Children of Men with a PG-13 rating.
Okay, so Die Hard isn't at that level of art, but still!!

[edit on 3-5-2007 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join