It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush vetoes Iraq withdrawal bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Bush vetoes Iraq withdrawal bill

news.bbc.co.uk

US President George W Bush has vetoed a Congressional bill that would have linked war funding to a timetable for withdrawal of US troops from Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well he did say that he would do this and now its happened. How will this ever to get solved is what i dont get. Bush needs more troops and more money but the problems facing Iraq are still getting bigger by the day.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Bush vetoed the minimum wage increase....for some reason beyond my comprehension, it was part of this bill. be interesting to see if it's in the final version that's finally passed or if this is their only attempt of raising the wage.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes thats also something i dont understand, why put the increase in that bill? it doesnt nmake any sense at all. Apart from that i also dont understand why noone is protesting about this?

You would think that everyone would want some wage increase?especially when most people in the US need 2-3 jobs to survive, at least thats the picture over here in europe.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My guess would be that it was put in, knowing that the bill would be veto'ed, so later people who wanted to take advantage of the propaganda could say "Look, ______ (Bush, or the Republicans) veto'ed a wage increase!" Most people in DC (rep, dem, everyone) don't do things to help people, they do it for their own advancement. It can get them elected again.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This just goes to show that politicians have absolutly no intrest in the voters
only when its election time

top topics

join