It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find another time to do this!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

A large crowd began gathering at Seattle Center this afternoon in a show of support for federal legislation that would give illegal immigrants and their families a shot at becoming legal residents.

Source

Your afternoon commute today could be a nightmare, particularly if you need to get through downtown Seattle.

source

Seriously, I don't give a flying you-know-what what the rally is about. But why do they have to do it at rush hour... IN DOWNTOWN!!!

The march starts by the Space Needle (just North of the downtown grid) follows 2 major routes through downtown that suck during rush hour anyway, cuts across 2 other major arteries (Denny and Stewart St.'s) and then retraces it's steps! What idiot gave them a permit for this?

Check out this map of the march's route. I work a third of the way down on the right hand side of the map, have to cross the route to pick up my girlfriend after work (we carpool the 3 miles to and from work every day) and then have to cross it again to get home.

So my commute is going to suck, even though my gf is going to walk up here to try to avoid some of this mess. But what about the thousands of other people that will be stuck for hours (no exxageration, Seattle traffic sucks and the drivers do to). I'd like to see the name of the person who signed this permit. Maybe I could stage a march in front of his house when it is time for him to go to work. Or, better yet, while he is sleeping.

new topics

join