It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality Rocks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Recently I've been stumbling on many clips of police brutality. And what can one say about this conduct.. I think that there is ample evidence of tremendous Police State developments:

Public Intimidation Propaganda

Why would this amount of physical damage be shown on TV without consequences for the police?

I believe that is meant to intimidate us and to show us what happens if we engage or kill a police officer.
Frankly I don't care what this man did. He was not innocent. But does this justify such reactions? Is an officer's life worth more than ours?

For my part i can only say; No. They are low-lifes. And with the amount of corruption in those institutions the lives of abusive (!) police-officers are a shame and mostly worthless. And I'm not talking about rather fertile institutions like Rescue or Fire-Departments.
Every police officer should be ashamed of doing their job in such a pityful organization. There is no excuse for un-covered police brutality.
After all this is made possible mainly through the moral setting and education of the police departments.

Cooperate

I love how ignorants keep answering; "If you cooperate and do not resist you won't be hurt! They are just doing their job."

Good Job.

Aw well, i think this speaks for itself. Looks like Spain and I doubt that justified verbal insults are any vital threat for this spanish hero here.

Privacy

"Coming to your home soon."
Even if all three of them are afro-americans. Some people might think that this is only an exception and something to do with racism.

I think.. it's day to day practise.. and it's holocaust. No matter if we look at slaughterhouses or law enforcement. It's all the same.
The holocaust, was never gone.
It's about an awful moral stance, about people who believe that they are superior to other people, races, cultures.. or animals.

G8 Evian Swiss Bridge Blockade

One protestor hanging at each side of the bridge connected with a rope.

Pretty early in the Video you can see an officer standing at quite some distance.
Why does he come to cut the rope from such a distance and so consequently? Was he given the command to cut the rope with the people hanging from the bridge?

What an understanding, psychologically educated and sane leader this unit has got.

"On va embarquer tout ce equipe de mafia de merde."
"Arrest those mafia #."

How ironical that the fascist pig is serving the corporate mafia himself.

LAPD Police Cover-Up

Two researchers have been studying about 2000 Police Reports for 4 years and proved some surprising patterns and scandals.
They prove that police criminality is not ocurring casually. It is common practice and embedded within the department. Including the Shooting of unarmed People, Beatings, Framing, organized Crime in form of "Gangs" and also cases of loitering/shooting at private homes..

After the publications of those two journalists the police department secretly changed their procedural policy;
Officer Names are no longer avaiable on the Reports.
They are only listed as Officer "A", "B", "C", "D"... etc. which makes the revelation of police criminality almost impossible.

Also it is quite a surprise that in case of a cop being abusive, the other cops hardly interfere. So if other involved cops tolerate misconduct, shouldn't they be held accountable too?
Let me guess; It's part of the Game to juridically sacrifice a cop for the public once in a while. As long as the general atmosphere and culture of abuse is upheld in police departments.

Justice

In this video you can clearly see one of the cops trying to slow down his partner. A thing which certainly would not happen on regular duty. But with the amount of people it was pretty stupid to show their true everyday behavior. At least they felt what true justice is.

So.. what do you think is a proper reaction to police brutality? What would you do when you appear to see defenseless people getting sodomized on a peaceful demonstration?

Would you hope that they cared about a group of people chanting some songs? Do you think they care about younger and elderly people crying in pain? Do you think they care about injuries or even lethal danger towards citizens?

Or would you kick an abusive officer in the face while he is distracted by the struggling victim?
Would you try to efficiently fight back as a mass?
What are your thoughts and fears; What do you propose for us citizens to do?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by osram]

[edit on 1-5-2007 by osram]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
*bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump*

cmon guys..

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Certainly some interesting video. In some of the clips, the police are reacting and have to subdue people. This can take a great deal of force and the person may need to be forced to submit, not only for their protection, but those of the offices and people around them.

We seem to set police offices up as people different and above the many things that set people off. Lets face it, these officers are human just like you and me, and they will react if pushed.

We only see the clips in isolation and not what has been going on before the start of the clip. It is very easy to jump to conclusions from just a segment. And do those posting the clips have an agenda as well?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have zero pity for scum. Police brutality....lol

[edit on 2-5-2007 by laiguana]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Maybe you'd like to elaborate on who you're defining as scum?

Who is the scum in this clip that Osram posted.

Privacy

Osram, as I said on a previous thread, it takes an extraordinary person to be a police officer, most are underqualified.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Koka]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Am I supposed to believe these criminals are innocent some how? Why should I care if the cops decide to discipline this type of scum? I don't care at all if they live or die, they are criminals and serve no purpose in society.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Am I supposed to believe these criminals are innocent some how? Why should I care if the cops decide to discipline this type of scum? I don't care at all if they live or die, they are criminals and serve no purpose in society.

So, anyone that the police brutalise are guilty, of course the police aren't going to brutalise anyone who isn't guilty are they......

At least I have a clearer understanding of your mindset, maybe you should consider joining the police force yourself.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Koka]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The world is a harsh place, and corrupt police are very common, as is police brutality.

That being said, that man was NOT a victim of police brutality. He grabbed a cop's gun and shot him in the face! To be honest, that guy is lucky to be alive at all.

I can understand why his family reacted the way they did to seeing him like that, but that is more out of emotion for a loved one than out of common sense and alarm. I don't feel bad for that guy at all.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Certainly some interesting video. In some of the clips, the police are reacting and have to subdue people. This can take a great deal of force and the person may need to be forced to submit, not only for their protection, but those of the offices and people around them.

We seem to set police offices up as people different and above the many things that set people off. Lets face it, these officers are human just like you and me, and they will react if pushed.

We only see the clips in isolation and not what has been going on before the start of the clip. It is very easy to jump to conclusions from just a segment. And do those posting the clips have an agenda as well?

Yeahyeah, the police your friend and helper.

Why does it have to take such a great deal of force? Being armed with Tazers, Chemicals, Batons and Guns i don't see the difficulty in handcuffing an unarmed person. Especially because they are usually being in the odds of 2-20 vs. 1 subject.
Protection is just a sad excuse, similar to "security and freedom" in terms of war on "terra" and civil rights. I am in favor of honest cops following their procedures to provide security for themselves and innocent or non-dangerous citizens with the minimum of needed violence.

You are absolutely wrong about one point; They might be humans like you and me, but many of them are aspiring those positions because of being maniacal, power-mongering and mentally disordered subjects.
You can call me a hater now, but I am certainly not prejudiced.
Most importantly they know exactly that they are immune to legal persecution. Police brutality and abuse is actively supported by the people in charge and by juridic reality.

It is a psychological fact that people with serious mental disorders are often thriving for such professions as in "security" or "police" because they are addicted to the control over other individuals and they are getting their kicks through abuse of power.

www.criminalprofiling.ch...
[...] Research has shown that subjects who kill indiscriminately without seeking publicity tend to be motivated primarily by anger. This anger might stem from experienced failures in school, jobs, or relationships, the subject would probably be an inadequate, hopeless type with bouts of severe depression. Statistically, he would likely be a white male in his late twenties to early thirties, a nocturnal loner, employed in some position as close to power an authority as he could come, such as a security guard, auxiliary policeman, store detective, or ambulance driver. He would probably also have some military experience. He would have had psychiatric treatment in the past and have been on prescription drugs to control whatever condition he had. [...]

Yes you are right, those are isolated clips. But whatever happened before, it does not justify this amount of violence and humiliation. And also it would never occur you to ask about what happens to people after the arrest.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by laiguana]

Define Scum please. Am I correct with the assumption that you are referring to scum in means of lower-class people, defenseless people, or even people with a culture/race/opinion you personally dislike?

Don't mean to offend anyone here. Your puzzling response and masonic background simply make me wonder about what you mean by "scum".

So their lives, security and protection is worth less than that of the police and government agents?
Well if you look at the newest changes related to the cool technique of declaring people as "enemy combatants" I'd probably say, "Hell yeah!", you are supposed to believe that police-assault victims might be innocent!

And don't forget. It can happen to anyone.. so one day, you are the "scum" and suffer from police brutality. No matter if you appear not stemming from the working-poor class. Everyone can have bad luck and a struck of destiny. Things go very fast and suddenly you are no longer on the top, but on the bottom.

It's very easy to comply with the regime and not caring about citizens losing their rights for freedom of expression. Especially if one is not courageous enough to stand his ground and ideology.

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
The world is a harsh place, and corrupt police are very common, as is police brutality.

That being said, that man was NOT a victim of police brutality. He grabbed a cop's gun and shot him in the face! To be honest, that guy is lucky to be alive at all.

I can understand why his family reacted the way they did to seeing him like that, but that is more out of emotion for a loved one than out of common sense and alarm. I don't feel bad for that guy at all.

Sure hope you don't miss the other videoclips.

Common corruption and excessive violence does not justify ANYTHING.
Law states that police has to secure subjects with minimal violence and to asess situations in a reasonable way and in dignity. Period.

Sadly enough we are living in a police-state world, and the reality does not correspond to so-called "justice".

If you look at constitution and human rights; Killing a police officer should not allow anyone to sodomize an individual. After all no one gives us people the priviledge to beat a cop to pigmeat-jelly, if he happened to sodomize a relative of ours.

And don't even dare to call me a dreamer or something, because thats what a reasonable citizen should expect from western countries calling themselves "democracies", republics or whatever phoney corporate-name they give to what we are living in.

Unless those people are happy about living like a piece of feces in a hypocracy.

And now you can go and read my related thread here:

The Killing of Fouad Kaady

Come back, or stay there and explain to us for which reasons that story is NOT a case of criminal police and complying cover-ups by the police dept., the juridic system.. and the media

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The last one was the best the cops got what they deserved, and I have seen police brutality first hand as well so the more I see or here of regular people fighting back the better. Its a fact that cops get away with far to much and in most places are just as corrupt as the most hardened criminals, heck just look as Mexican police! I will never go there for vacation!

Its my opinion that police need training that just doesn't exist currently and they need to be treated like military soldiers where they can be harshly punished more then normal people. Why? Because they took the job to protect society above their own safety and harsh penalties imo make rules easier to follow. I know a lot of police do a lot of good but this bad reputation lots of police departments carry will only serve to get more violence and more dead officers which is usually why they lash out in the first place cause they lost a partner or something.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How many of us are police officers? And can comment on the amount of force required to put hand cuffs on an unwilling suspect?

Just look at the real life police programs on TV, and see how some of the suspects struggle.

And of course, there will always be police officers who overstep the mark, and if that is deemed by the laws of the country to be an offence, then they should be subject to the full force of the law.

And were is the balance? All the times that police officers make an arrest or protect us, without incident?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
LOL, I don't think he was posting about people resisting arrest and being hurt but more about police who quite frequently beat the living daylights out of citizens when they really don't have to. I go to bars a lot and I live in a rowdy town and I see first hand how poor training+ego causes police to do things to make situations worse not better. I've seen cops spray mace and baton people for arguing when they really should have just backed off. I have also heard some really bad stuff about cops around here so I just have a natural distrust of them and it will take a lot for it to be regained.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
referring the the FIRST clip only...Come on... they guy shot a police officer in the face, killing him.. He was caught at the scene... there was NO possibility that the police got the wrong person..

While the police broke the law in giving him a bit of a pasting, he obviously wasn't seriously harmed, as you can see from the later images of him without a mask. All he got was a couple of black eyes and maybe a bust nose and jaw.

Sure there are plenty of examples of police brutality, but this isn't one of them. he got off pretty lightly. What would YOU do to someone who'd just shot your friend in the face, killing them?

Let's not make this guy out to be another Rodney King.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere
Sure there are plenty of examples of police brutality, but this isn't one of them. he got off pretty lightly. What would YOU do to someone who'd just shot your friend in the face, killing them?

I would probably end up doing time myself for taking revenge, the point is, these officers are acting above the law.

Where I end up doing time for my crime they are free to exact their revenge.

I don't believe this is being conveyed as a Rodney King type assault, this is about abuse of power.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm glad they beat that worthless scum to a pulp, after what he did they should have carved out his eyeballs and fed them to that screaming lady. LOL

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I guess we should also consider the possibility that he sustained those injuries when he jumped from the 3rd floor window...I don't know anything about the story to be fair... I only have that clip to go on, and we all know we shouldn't believe everything the media tells us!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I live in New York. I witnessed the intimidation of some Critical Mass bikers.
First they knocked all the kids off the bikes, threw the bikes to the side. Cuffed all the kids or tied they're hands. Kept them for two hours or so, yelling at them, making fun of them. One girl was tazered. Then they just let them go.
Very surprised becasue I was in a HUGE crowd of onlookers.
Your government really doesn't care about you.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You are so right, our government does not care about it's citizens. And sad to say, far too many of us are like the lizard poster who celebrates such action . They are too stupid to realize that the very act of taking up the badge demands a higher level of conduct.

I too understand excesses, I fought in a long and unpopular war, as a conscript. But lizard boy would be the first to turn out in a parade to celebrate these modern heroes. He represents the lizard brained power elite that consider all men scum unless you agree with them. These types have goose stepped to their masters tune for all the ages. It is always easier to follow and accept than it is to think for one's self.

Lizard boy, consider yourself on my short list. I see the link to declare friends and foes. But listing you there would mean that I accept you as worthy, and that I will not do. But I will be here, to hold your every word up to the light of critical evaluation. You are the type of person(?) I most enjoy seeing slink away with tail firmly tucked.

top topics

join